Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

She left and got to ACTUALLY wrestling. No short matches or any of that shit. No-one in the WWE passed her up and I genuinely say this as someone that watches multiple promotions from around the world.

She unfortunately got injured which put a spanner in the works but Mercedes is 100% the real deal.

Like I said, no amount of revisionism is going to change any of it.

As if this woman never made WWE history wit Bianca in becoming the FIRST African American women to MAIN EVENT WM. But hey...I guess that's not a big deal huh? Lol

Charlotte and Becky pushing 40 while Bayley is still underused. You need more than IYO, Bianca and Rhea. Lyra got thrown to the back immediately post KOR lol come on bro
Stratton, Giulia, Vaquer, Delta, Sol...

i aint counting Lyra out either despite her current booking I feel like the gonna run a program between her and Becky

they got that Tyra Mae Steele chick who won the olympic gold medal putting in work on Lvl up now too and shes not bad but shes cringe on the mic.

I'm still confused why folks are going out their way to understand basic logic. Sometimes I just think it's an anti AEW thing and the fact that she is there that she gets downplayed.
Not even talking bout Dubbz but God forbid Bianca or Rhea one day decide to jump ship lol gonna be monumental lies being told on here

As if this woman never made WWE history wit Bianca in becoming the FIRST African American women to MAIN EVENT WM. But hey...I guess that's not a big deal huh? Lol
Like lmao.

No-one can lie to me or revise history. I watched all this shit.

She's one of the best.

Let's be 100 they def could use Mone right now.

We bringing up talent who still on the rise. They still proving themselves and no where near draws at that. Mone in her prime at the top..WWE knows she SHOULD be there.

Stratton, Giulia, Vaquer, Delta, Sol...

i aint counting Lyra out either despite her current booking I feel like the gonna run a program between her and Becky

Thats like saying

"Well now we got Iija, Melo, Bron, and Gunther.... so if Cody leaves oh well"

I'm not even saying you're wrong but you still need your proven star talent and Mercedes isnt even 35 yet.

Let's be 100 they def could use Mone right now.

We bringing up talent who still on the rise. They still proving themselves and no where near draws at that. Mone in her prime at the top..WWE knows she SHOULD be there.
They'd take her back in a heartbeat. She's one of Hunter's people that was done wrong by Vince / Johnny Ace. They're not there anymore.

WWE would roll out the red carpet even.

Mone a decorated star with 10+ years under WWE and in her prime with zero drug/alochol issue. I don't care who you got down in NXT lined up, until they prove they are stars and bigger then Mone she still needed in WWE's eyes I guarantee in their mind.

Cause you dont have an argument to stand on.

Shotzi, Ronda and know Alexa says all we needed to know.
:js4:
Nah…

Y’all just being disingenuous.

I am not just spouting an unfounded opinion.

Wasn’t too long ago yall was worried bout that girl getting her head stuck in some equipment while doing a suicide dive.

But I get it, y’all got selective amnesia.

Mone a decorated star with 10+ years under WWE and in her prime with zero drug/alochol issue. I don't care who you got down in NXT lined up, until they prove they are stars and bigger then Mone she still needed in WWE's eyes I guarantee in their mind.
That’s exactly how experience is suppose to work.

The problem is, does what she hold in experience translate to her being an effective leader?

That’s my argument.

I personally feel that her experience is limited due to her being told ‘yes’ for most her career.

Time gon tell tho.

Mercedes had one of the women's matches of the year with Stephanie Vaquer and the WWE immediately came knocking.

If the WWE wanted Stephanie earlier they could have had her. She tried out for them since 2018 and has been ringing bells since 2022 at the LEAST.

This shit ain't coincidental man lol.

Willow damn near had one of her best AEW matches against Mercedes. Would've been 2nd best had Mercedes not got injured the 1st time.

Now this is a crazy fucking take.
Is it really though? Becky had a great NXT title run, gave Nia her best match as well as Liv before she left and is a proven needle mover.

Rhea still hasn't had a better match than the one she had with Charlotte at WM39.

Charlotte might not be the best TV wrestler, but big matches on PPV? She's one of the best in that company bar none.

Stop being dishonest.
See that's the shit flag holding fans be doing.... "that's the indies". That had nothing to do with the point that was being made. If you watched then you clearly saw she is still an amazing top hand talent who goes out there and delivers. Point blank.
I have been watching indie and puro since around 02'; just the other day I loaded up an RoH show from 04 and I am not lying when I say that this 04 show had everything they have today. Wrestlers haven't evolved too far beyond that time, there is just a lot more kicking out. So no, I'm not lying about Mone still being relatively mid-tier as an in-ring performer. She has her style and stage presense to fall back on, but those attributes are best used in a place like WWE. She may return to WWE a better wrestler , but few will remember this run in AEW unless it really picks up soon.

🛑 No Queen slander tonight Samson.
Nah fuck that. Charlotte burnt herself out way too fast.

There is literally nothing left for her to do except be a gatekeeper during a title run.

Becky is the same way.

This is just further proof of how fast women’s wrestling is evolving that them ladies coming back does very little to the chase except add a tiny bit of validation.

I have been watching indie and puro since around 02'; just the other day I loaded up an RoH show from 04 and I am not lying when I say that this 04 show had everything they have today. Wrestlers haven't evolved too far beyond that time, there is just a lot more kicking out. So no, I'm not lying about Mone still being relatively mid-tier as an in-ring performer. She has her style and stage presense to fall back on, but those attributes are best used in a place like WWE. She may return to WWE a better wrestler , but few will remember this run in AEW unless it really picks up soon.
Please stop being dishonest. What the hell man lmao.

Back