Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Is it really though? Becky had a great NXT title run, gave Nia her best match as well as Liv before she left and is a proven needle mover.

Rhea still hasn't had a better match than the one she had with Charlotte at WM39.

Charlotte might not be the best TV wrestler, but big matches on PPV? She's one of the best in that company bar none.

Meh...reluctantly I gotta agree.
Nah fuck that. Charlotte burnt herself out way too fast.

There is literally nothing left for her to do except be a gatekeeper during a title run.

Becky is the same way.

This is just further proof of how fast women’s wrestling is evolving that them ladies coming back does very little to the chase except add a tiny bit of validation.

FINALLY! Something we agree on where you're making sense! Lol

honestly Rhea, Bailey and Shayna the only ones that have not had an awkward cadence on the mic.

The WWE roster is full of serviceable grapplers but they suck at talking.

Hell Tiffany even got a weird cadence.

AEW is full of female performers that can’t talk or grapple.

Too much telegraphing in their move set but that is also due to poor guidance. They all have potential tho
AEW womens roster got the best hand they ever had this past year to now. Toni Storm, Mariah, Thunder Rosa, Willow, Mercedes Mone, Statlander, Shida, and Kamille, Deanna, and Queen Aminata. All those chick's can go so hopefully they play the cards right with the booking.

Forgot Jamie Hayter still in the cut for a return so their roster is pretty solid now.

Sigh

“Britt, me, and the rest of the girls are just getting started. Yes, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, and I led phase 1 of the women's revolution. We disrupted the business in the best and most necessary way. But with me coming here [in AEW], I promise that another disruption to the business of women's wrestling is coming. Phase 2 is just getting started. On that note, there are 3 women's matches at All In [this Sunday]. THREE. When ‘Mania was 1 night, how many women's matches were there? Not 3. Moreover, when the guys’ matches went too long in WWE, it was the women's matches that got cut for time.”(via Mercedes’ ‘Moné Mag’)

Disrupted? Her (Mercedes) AEW run so far has been trash and the build up between her and Britt Baker ain't been that good either. Mercedes got dope in-ring skills but feeling herself way too much.

PostWrestling.com is reporting that TNA has suspended former TNA Champion Rich Swann after they became aware that Swann was arrested this past June and charged with disorderly public intoxication and causing a disturbance, a misdemeanor offense. TNA stated to PostWrestling.com that they were not aware of Swann's 6/8 arrest until being asked for comment.

Swann was arrested after he allegedly attempted to enter an apartment that PostWrestling.com stated was a short walk from his own at 9:50 PM, noting,"Swann possibly mistook the apartment for his own home." Swann allegedly told the home owner that it was actually Swann's home. The home owner brandished a firearm and Swann left the premises. The Police were called but the home owner did not wish to press charges, even though there was damage to his front door.

PostWrestling.com's report also stated that authorities received another call from a woman who claimed that Swann had approached her and tried to speak to her, but she asked him not to follow her and ran into her home. She alleged Swann had followed her to her door. Swann was taken into custody with PostWrestling citing:

Swann was released on a $250 bond on 6/9. He has a case hearing this week in Florida.

It should be noted that on his Facebook page, Swann has posted numerous times in recent months that he has been alcohol free, which would line up with right after the arrest.

“TNA Wrestling takes any and all charges against its performers seriously,” TNA told POST Wrestling in a statement. “Rich Swann is responsible for his own personal actions. He has informed TNA Wrestling that he is voluntarily entering into a substance abuse rehabilitation program. TNA Wrestling has suspended Rich pending the completion of its investigation into the incidents.”

Swann had been paired with AJ Francis as First Class in recent months
Swann my guy but i could see him getting released.

Calling up the amount of talent they did without solid creative plans was just greedy.

There's no reason Ilja of all people should be working Main Event. He was fine where he was and now he's about to miss the Berlin show which was an extremely easy layup.

I think for Ilja it's just gonna take time. Cuz when they do pull that trigger for him...its gonna be for a title.

AEW womens roster got the best hand they ever had this past year to now. Toni Storm, Mariah, Thunder Rosa, Willow, Mercedes Mone, Statlander, Shida, and Kamille, Deanna, and Queen Aminata. All those chick's can go so hopefully they play the cards right with the booking.

Forgot Jamie Hayter still in the cut for a return so their roster is pretty solid now.

Uhhh...can we also put some respeck on Velvet? Underrated like a muthafucca in AEW

2-3 months ago you basically called Willow a female retarded version of Eugene OG.

I think for Ilja it's just gonna take time. Cuz when they do pull that trigger for him...its gonna be for a title.

Uhhh...can we also put some respeck on Velvet? Underrated like a muthafucca in AEW
He's challenged for the IC already... if they wanted to book him strongly they would have already. Bron got the rocket already, Melo's being looked after meanwhile Ilja had to lose to Jey in KoTR and is now working Main Event. Him facing Gunther in Berlin was the easiest lay-up ever.

I think Hunter's vince-isms are gonna start to show a bit more now, but this is a big one. Calling up talent and not knowing what to do with them.

He's challenged for the IC already... if they wanted to book him strongly they would have already. Bron got the rocket already, Melo's being looked after meanwhile Ilja had to lose to Jey in KoTR and is now working Main Event. Him facing Gunther in Berlin was the easiest lay-up ever.

I think Hunter's vince-isms are gonna start to show a bit more now, but this is a big one. Calling up talent and not knowing what to do with them.

Randy and Gunther make more sense. Only because they're trying to tie up that loose end where Randy's shoulder was up in that KoTR match. So they had to swing the block on that. An Orton loss does nothin to his stature in the company. He's a made man.

But Gunther possibly winning is the 1st notch that'll solidify his title reign.

I think aside from Jey, Iija hasnt been pinned clean since he got called up.... It took Bron 3 spears to take him out. And has main evented RAW 3 times with major players. I know some of his booking has been odd but I think He'll be alright....

Last edited:
Word on the street is this IC tournament to determine the next #1 contender is gonna be used to reintroduce folks like Dragon Lee and also further establish folks like Dunne, Iija, and Ludwig (assuming these are some of the names that will be in this tournament)

I think aside from Jey, Iija hasnt been pinned clean since he got called up.... It took Bron 3 spears to take him out. And has main evented RAW 3 times with major players. I know some of his booking has been odd but I think He'll be alright....
Lost to Bron twice and I think he ate the pin in the MITB qualifier against Sheamus and Drew. (I THINK)

I agree, he'll be fine because he's got the grace of being a "streets will always remember" type wrestler but it's more of a "Does HHH see what we see in him" thing.

Same could be said for Dragon Lee too.

Lost to Bron twice and I think he ate the pin in the MITB qualifier against Sheamus and Drew. (I THINK)

I agree, he'll be fine because he's got the grace of being a "streets will always remember" type wrestler but it's more of a "Does HHH see what we see in him" thing.

Same could be said for Dragon Lee too.
The first loss to Bron is the one where he took 3 spears
the 2nd loss to Bron was a referee stoppage after Bron speared him into the ring apron

And Sheamus ate the pin in that triple threat MITB qualifer

There was even a joke about how HHH keeps finding all these ways to not pin Iija

Mone, Charlotte and Becky should instantly be locker room leaders by default anywhere they go. They have done the dance and won all the prizes and started this women's revolution shit. I don't see how it's considered in the slightest bad that she wants to lead. And comparing that to Ronda Rousey who was an attraction outside star 2-3 yrs in is dumb.
How can someone who constantly throws temper tantrums and walk out be a locker room leader, explain that to me?

Back