Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Scott D'Amore appeared on Busted Open today and discussed for the first time, his exit from TNA.

He noted that two days before the TNA name was brought back at the Hard To Kill PPV, he was given the word that he was done and his speech that night was his love letter to professional wrestling. He stated that while he had spoken to Anthem Head Len Asper about it and knew it was coming, "It still hit me pretty hard." He admitted the company was paying him a "ton of money to sit at home, which is kind of nice."

D'Amore said it was a "difference of opinion" on how the company should be that led to his departure, which lines up with what PWInsider.com reported at the time. He said he took it hard but didn't take it personally. He said that when he finished out working at the TNA tapings, he set up Jordynne Grace working the 2024 Royal Rumble and looked into acquiring the company, which Anthem turned down.

D'Amore felt that the Hard To Kill PPV put the exclamation mark on his seven year run with the company and noted that he didn't want all the credit nor all the blame for anything as it was a team effort. D'Amore also noted how proud he was to build the team behind the scenes, saying the company was "deader than dead" as a brand and he had an 80 hour plus obsession to rebuild it, naming Tommy Dreamer, Jimmy Jacobs and Robert Evans specifically as part of the team.

D'Amore said he was very proud of what they had done and admitted to being very upset that the reigns were taken away from him when he felt the company was ready to "explode" into a larger position.

D'Amore announced the debut of his Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling promotion for this October in Windsor with the shows streaming live on TrillerTV.

That shit was racist as fuck looking back at all angles.

Triple H from 2005-2015 always acted like a the old white man who finds. Black culture silly by mocking it when he was doing promos with black talent.

Hunter also tried to stop Rock from shining too but Rocks popularity was too big to stop.

And now who has the last laugh? The Final Boss

Why would they invest in a guy who they know is going to WWE in the matter of months and makes it known. I don't think it's as petty as Iceberg is saying with the Punk affiliation since plent of Punks boys are getting TV time and pushes. Just smart business to cool him off for his release. WWE does it all the time no different.
For what it's worth, I've always heard that it's cos he's difficult to work with at times and also vetoed working with Jericho again so they didn't have anything for him going forward lmao.

I don’t want Lashley in AEW.

They can’t book big guys for shit.

Look at all their big guys… where they at and what are they doing?

Lashley is decorated as fuck and will not get the same level appreciation there as he does in TNA or WWE

Prime example: Lance Archer

I don’t want Lashley in AEW.

They can’t book big guys for shit.

Look at all their big guys… where they at and what are they doing?

Lashley is decorated as fuck and will not get the same level appreciation there as he does in TNA or WWE

TK the opposite of Vince when it comes to booking big guys ive said it a few times on here

idk if that'd change outside of the first few months with Lashley. Not when hes had big guys like Hobbs, Archer, Brian Cage who he could of really been pushing all along

i could see them strapping him up with ROH titles. MAYBE a international title run down the line but idk. its not gonna be a much better position than he is in right now cause their roster is deep and full of talent too so its gonna be real easy to get lost in the shuffle over there. Especially if they look to reunite THB cause they got just as many stables if not more

Prime example: Lance Archer
I dunno if he counts. He was a world title challenger multiple times, is one of the few people to have beaten Mox clean and gets booked strong as shit on ROH. If he does lose, it's usually to top of the card guys.

Lashley would cook in AEW's trios division if they have him teamed up with Lio Rush & Shelton w/ MVP as manager / mouthpiece.

He'd also make an excellent challenger in the TNT / World title scenes.

I'd personally prefer him to go back to Japan though.

TK not being able to book big guys is kind of a fallacy.

Wardlow got more chances than he's ever deserved. Luchasaurus is one of the most decorated wrestlers in the company. Samoa Joe has been booked at his best / strongest since his ROH days. Hobbs gets put in prominent positions too.

It's not perfect but TK does try with the big men.

TK not being able to book big guys is kind of a fallacy.

Wardlow got more chances than he's ever deserved. Luchasaurus is one of the most decorated wrestlers in the company. Samoa Joe has been booked at his best / strongest since his ROH days. Hobbs gets put in prominent positions too.

It's not perfect but TK does try with the big men.
No they completely failed Wardlow. Their biggest ball being dropped because he was over asf at one point then they butchered his character with nonsense storylines. I can see WWE doing him justice.

As we previously noted, AJ Styles was originally scheduled for last night's Smackdown taping. He was not in attendance. We are told that Styles is still slated to return to WWE storylines before the 8/31 Bash in Berlin but the decision was made that as creative plans locked in for last night's show it was not the right week to do it. We are told the plan is he'll be back shortly.

Jacob Fatu was not backstage last night. There is a growing belief among WWE talent that he is legitimately injured.

Dakota Kai is currently off the road and has not wrestled since last month's Japan tour. The belief among some is she's hurt as well but we have not confirmed that and if she is, we don't know any specific details.

The dark match after last night's WWE Friday Night Smackdown taping saw Liv Mogan vs. Kairi Sane. Dominik Mysterio interfered, which brought out Braun Strowman and they held a tag match with Kairi pinning Morgan. We are told that backstage, the Morgan-Mysterio team got high marks for how well they interacted and worked together

No they completely failed Wardlow. Their biggest ball being dropped because he was over asf at one point then they butchered his character with nonsense storylines. I can see WWE doing him justice.
They gave the ball to him multiple times and he dropped it. The MJF stuff cut his legs from under him but he was still very over.

Got the TNT belt way too many times, despite not being great in ring and being incapable of going over 10 minutes.

They put him in a program with Samoa Joe & Hobbs, was the worst part of it.

Another one with Joe, had heat going into it too, he stank the match up.
Christian feud wasn't good too.

Had another chance with Undisputed Kingdom, had yet ANOTHER bad match with Joe and got injured. (Joe has had momentum going into every one of these feuds and after, I'm not gonna blame Joe at all for any of this.)

He's also 36, there's no way he goes to the WWE without getting sent to NXT cos he's not that good.

Back