Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

LOL hol on dont tell me Phenom is taking Jim Cornette talking points
We just got rid of one bum who was using another wrestling podcaster's talking points as his own
This is that gatekeeping shit right here. I don't have to watch bum ass Jim Cornette to know that AEW is hurting. OG already gave up the game, yall can stop now. AEW business is hurting. Point blank.

Why in the wild blue hell do y’all root for billionaires and brands?

Just enjoy the chaos like a true maniac.

Quit picking sides and continue to poke fun at the shit we usually do.

Like how Sasha got Sammy Guevara off our TV’s for a while.

I don't watch TNA/Impact. But I'm sure as hell not gonna waste my time posting negative shyt or researching anti-TNA/Impact twitter articles. What's the point?

When links about AEW's ratings being down gets posted...anti-AEWers are quick to respond and be on some "HA! HA! AEW SUCKS!"

Yet when links about AEW's ratings are up or surpassed a ratings mark...
View attachment 1282739
Okay. The next time AEW ratings surpass a mark, I'll throw yall a fucking pizza party. Until then. Please let me know where I can discuss wrestling news, if not the wrestling news thread in the wrestling section.

Why in the wild blue hell do y’all root for billionaires and brands?

Just enjoy the chaos like a true maniac.

Quit picking sides and continue to poke fun at the shit we usually do.

Like how Sasha got Sammy Guevara off our TV’s for a while.

Theres folks in here who are affluent in viewership numbers, quarterly hours and other shit so they letting us know since they got personal financial stock in AEW.

"riight"

Okay. The next time AEW ratings surpass a mark, I'll throw yall a fucking pizza party. Until then. Please let me know where I can discuss wrestling news, if not the wrestling news thread in the wrestling section.
Where is all the smoke for the IMPACT/TNA negative news posted on here or is this just an AEW thing?

Theres folks in here who are affluent in viewership numbers, quarterly hours and other shit so they letting us know since they got personal financial stock in AEW.

"riight"
Every other week it’s like niggas gotta have the LL Cool J vs Canibus/Wyclef beef..

“Yeah but who sold the most?”

Just the same conversation across multiple genres of entertainment.

Where is all the smoke for the IMPACT/TNA negative news posted on here or is this just an AEW thing?
See. That's the thing you can't wrap your head around. I actually like AEW.

But when you like something you don't have to blindly accept shit and lap it all up. I can tell you AEW is failing. Because it is. If AEW were doing better, I would be pleased as punch. But they aren't. And it's not my fault. It's not the talent (well not solely, they should be reigned in from their worst impulses).

But if shit continues down the shitter like it is at present, well we all know what happens next. Seen it happen with WCW, seen it with ECW, seen it with ROH, would've seen it numerous times with TNA but they're a cockroach that you can't kill.

And since Tony Yayo is so terminally online that he throws bitch fests on Twitter every other week. Maybe true blue AEW fans like yourself need to get on there and tell him to fix his show before he doesn't have 1 anymore. Pretending everything is great is the exact reason that people are not watching.

Yall peeped how @PhenomTheMac continously moved the goalpost after inaccurately describing so called non-existent story lines?

So he moves to the next talking point of attendance being down and ratings decreasing. Smh.

Something will stick huh? Lol

Say what you want about the “storylines” or aew’s business but they are putting on entertaining wrestling matches weekly, even with cards that seem “weak” on paper.

Get off Cornette dick too

The bolded is that matter imo. Yeah it's good to have a good story. But how many times have we've seen good storylines, but the matches underwhelmed like a muthafonka?

C'mon now. WWE been known to do this under the VKM regime for years.

The bolded is that matter imo. Yeah it's good to have a good story. But how many times have we've seen good storylines, but the matches underwhelmed like a muthafonka?

Bray and LA Knight had a storyline leading into that Mt Dew match…and the match was booty buttcheeks.

See. That's the thing you can't wrap your head around. I actually like AEW.

But when you like something you don't have to blindly accept shit and lap it all up. I can tell you AEW is failing. Because it is. If AEW were doing better, I would be pleased as punch. But they aren't. And it's not my fault. It's not the talent (well not solely, they should be reigned in from their worst impulses).

But if shit continues down the shitter like it is at present, well we all know what happens next. Seen it happen with WCW, seen it with ECW, seen it with ROH, would've seen it numerous times with TNA but they're a cockroach that you can't kill.

And since Tony Yayo is so terminally online that he throws bitch fests on Twitter every other week. Maybe true blue AEW fans like yourself need to get on there and tell him to fix his show before he doesn't have 1 anymore. Pretending everything is great is the exact reason that people are not watching.
Or we will continue to watch the show until we are not entertained anymore and hope they can steer the business side up in the mean time. Difference between fans and just being a smark which we all have some in us to some degree but as I get older I just want to be entertained and care less about the backstage side of things and having an "OMG THEY SUCK" moment off their business.

Respect. I'd say the opposite though, and that's where our tastes converge. To me a great match without a story is soon to be forgotten. But a great story is the type of shit you always remember.

Not having better storytelling is the reason AEW is losing audience at the same time WWE is doing record business. That's the difference. What's more problematic is the *style* of wrestling AEW perpetuates in lieu of storytelling necessitates a constant need to 1 up themselves. Bigger stunts, more no selling of big moves, more injuries, less memorable in the long run.

Or we will continue to watch the show until we are not entertained anymore and hope they can steer the business side up in the mean time. Difference between fans and just being a smark which we all have some in us to some degree but as I get older I just want to be entertained and care less about the backstage side of things and having an "OMG THEY SUCK" moment off their business.
And I can respect that. I got no qualms with that whatsoever. But this is the wrestling news thread, so you should already know what you gonna get. Yall can call me shenco all you want, but I do stay out of the AEW thread. This shit here should be fair game.

The problem with these awesome exhibition dream matches is that such a style of booking is not meant for mainstream TV. Also, we already got that era in the indies twenty years ago. RoH, PWG, Puro, CZW, TNA, etc...we already did dream indie/puro matches to death.

When AEW started I thought we were getting that awesome indie talent in an organized product with some long term direction, something DIFFERENT than what the low budget indie companies can offer.

Why is AEW giving me the exact same product I can get at an indie show/TNA/MLW? Billion dollar budget, dollar store product. It makes no sense. Unfortunately WWE caught up and is now using that same indie talent, except without most of the old WWE barriers. Now it's going to be really hard for a show like AEW to thrive on just exhibition matches.

I hope SHE don't do it but I'm surprised nobody ever sampled this fr. Not the vocals/hook but just an instrumental flip in general

The problem with these awesome exhibition dream matches is that such a style of booking is not meant for mainstream TV. Also, we already got that era in the indies twenty years ago. RoH, PWG, Puro, CZW, TNA, etc...we already did dream indie/puro matches to death.

When AEW started I thought we were getting that awesome indie talent in an organized product with some long term direction, something DIFFERENT than what the low budget indie companies can offer.

Why is AEW giving me the exact same product I can get at an indie show/TNA/MLW? Billion dollar budget, dollar store product. It makes no sense.
AEW product still blows TNA and MLW out the water. No comparison if we are being fair.

Back