Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

96 HBK & WWE was mid as hell things didnt start picking up til post WM 13 when Austin started becoming an important piece and Bret went heel with the Hart Foundation. That was the prelude to the Attitude era they was about to get in their bag.
I still fucked with 96 Michaels, he had some solid matches with Mankind and Vader. Also fucked with the HBK-Sycho Sid feud. But yeah 97 Michaels was when we got to see him be himself..good or bad.

Michaels is my all time GOAT so i pretty much enjoyed all that shit.

Thank you.. The revisionist history shit was killing me.. WCW didn’t start fall off creatively until around like the fourth quarter of 98.. And creatively they started to slowly cook with the start Pillman/Kevin Sullivan storyline in February of 96.. That’s when they began to phase out all WWF rip-off cartoon bullshit characters & storylines…
WCW wheels were falling off completely right after Goldberg won the title in Atlanta on Nitro(the pinnacle IMO of WCW before the drop). That was the last major crowd reaction they had.

I had a homeboy who had PPV that lived across the street from me. Holy shit he was key. Watched many PPVs at his house, especially that one
My mom and my uncle were big on WCW so they ordered every ppv back in 97, they had been jumped off the WWF bus lol
Yeah it was the most hyped up one. I just wish they would of executed the main event with a clean Sting victory. That ending fucked the whole show up for me. And FUCK HOGAN for all that.

The ppv commericals for that show that would air on different channels between random shows always had me glued as a kid. I thought it was going to be the biggest wrestling match in history at that point. Also i loved The Crow movie so i was locked in.

I remember watching that shit as a kid and when Hogan got that 3 count I was so shocked that Sting lost.

Even worse, I had no idea wtf was going on when Bret popped up and restarted the match I thought it was valid lmaoooooo
They had 1 shot to really put their stamp on the industry with what could have been the biggest match in history and they fumbled literally at the 1 yard line. Shit was an absolute hot mess

Before that you had no draw Diesel and his boring ass year long title reign
I dont remember a thing about Nash's title reign I just remember watching whatever WWE show was on back during that time and they cut to a segment showing Nash winning the title at a house show as MSG lmaoooo

Back when WWE would do random ass shit like major title changes on the house show circuit

My mom and my uncle were big on WCW so they ordered every ppv back in 97, they had been jumped off the WWF bus lol

I remember watching that shit as a kid and when Hogan got that 3 count I was so shocked that Sting lost.

Even worse, I had no idea wtf was going on when Bret popped up and restarted the match I thought it was valid lmaoooooo
They had 1 shot to really put their stamp on the industry with what could have been the biggest match in history and they fumbled literally at the 1 yard line. Shit was an absolute hot mess
That was my friends parents, i still remember them ordering the ppv with Jay Leno and DDP vs Hogan and Dennis Rodman I think....his parents were HYPED for that and i spent the night i enjoyed every last minute of it...looking back my gawd that was awful. Lol i think it was Road Wild too.

That was my friends parents, i still remember them ordering the ppv with Jay Leno and DDP vs Hogan and Dennis Rodman I think....his parents were HYPED for that and i spent the night i enjoyed every last minute of it...looking back my gawd that was awful. Lol i think it was Road Wild too.
Was that Bash at the Beach? It was DDP & Karl Malone nigga was rocking some tight ass purple leather pants lmaoooo

Never experienced Surfer Sting tbh. I would go to Blockbuster and see the old WCW VHS shows and skip right over them. I heard he got a couple classics with Flair tho.
Flair made him look like a good wrestler. Sting owe his whole career to Ric Flair

artworks-000513361053-cx3vvt-t500x500.jpg

A low key banger that gets praised alot from 99. The 4 Way was actually one of their better quality main event matches.

Side note: i never got down with the new WCW logo and stage.

Back