Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

It’s shit like Tony Kahn being extra corny & the overall Great Value WCW vibe that turns me off on AEW. There. I said it.
TK being corny for sure but AE Dub way better then WCW tho by a long shot lol folks forget how trash WCW really was outside 97. Atleast they give you fire matches in AEW weekly.

I been running through the NITRO/RAW shows from 96-2000. My ass be having to fast forward 90% of the Nitros and I loved Nitro as a kid.

Shit way better then WCW tho lol folks forget how trash WCW really was outside 97. Atleast they give you fire matches in AEW weekly.

Oh, trust me WCW was trash as fuck. Why they stress upon bringing that feeling back however is beyond me. Just cuz they on TBS & TNT don’t mean they gotta half present themselves as it’s spiritual successor. There’s many other problems I got with AEW as a whole but that’s just one. In-ring yea they do have some really good matches.

Last edited:
TK being corny for sure but AE Dub way better then WCW tho by a long shot lol folks forget how trash WCW really was outside 97. Atleast they give you fire matches in AEW weekly.

I been running through the NITRO/RAW shows from 96-2000. My ass be having to fast forward 90% of the Nitros and I loved Nitro as a kid.
Damn you pulling a Wrestling Bios? Bless your eyes bro I cannot revisit 65% of that shit it’s so wack as an adult lmaoo

Damn you pulling a Wrestling Bios? Bless your eyes bro I cannot revisit 65% of that shit it’s so wack as an adult lmaoo
I love that series too and have watched it since his first video at the beginning but i eventually had to just watch those instead of the actual shows because holy fuck WCW was horrible.

Hell even goin back and watching the Sting/nWo build can be a choir. Sting popping up to lay out a gang banging NWO on a baby face was the excitement. Lol as a kid those were huge holy shit moments.

I love that series too and have watched it since his first video at the beginning but i eventually had to just watch those instead of the actual shows because holy fuck WCW was horrible.

I only watched WCW off and on after 1998 so Wrestling Bios is the only way to get this full story without sitting through the fuckery lol

We're told by several people within AEW they were surprised that Tony Khan's tweet about Undertaker/John Cena drawing less than a million viewers ended up going out. From what we understand, Khan doesn't clear his tweets with AEW PR for those asking. Another source said that those who took issue with it should take a glance at the replies that Tony Khan, Triple H, or any top wrestling executives on any given day.

Of those that we spoke to, there wasn't any real concern or issues with it, and most of the reaction reflected that of social media -- either thinking he shouldn't have tweeted it at all, or thinking it was him having fun with a situation that didn't favor him. Another pointed out that right after the tweet, he announced a series of matches for next week's Dynamite while people were on his profile.
funny-hilarious.gif

WCW 98 has a lot of fun stuff, the rise of Goldberg, Raven and the Flock, Jericho & Rufus, the Wolfpack, booker t & Benoit best of 7 series, regal and Finlay beating the hell out of each other, cruiserweights rising up the card.

There's a looooooot of bullshit to get to the good parts though.
Trust me I know. I gotta hit the blunt before i let one of those episodes play. Dont get me started on the PPVS tho... ASS CHEEKS all year. They probably had 1 decent ppv out of the other 11 no matter the year.

One of my favorite WCW feuds of 98 was Raven vs DDP. They put on some bangers and then when they added Benoit for a triple threat...fucking classic. But you right 98 had some fun stuff but the pay offs and ppvs ruined alot of it.

Back