Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

TK being corny for sure but AE Dub way better then WCW tho by a long shot lol folks forget how trash WCW really was outside 97. Atleast they give you fire matches in AEW weekly.

I been running through the NITRO/RAW shows from 96-2000. My ass be having to fast forward 90% of the Nitros and I loved Nitro as a kid.

After the Yeti shyt wit Hogan...I stopped watching WCW until lil bit after the NWO 1st started up.

Dungeon Of Doom should have been more than what it ended up being. Once they started doing the silly character like Yeti and a mummy that shit became a comedy faction

Dungeon Of Doom should have been more than what it ended up being. Once they started doing the silly character like Yeti and a mummy that shit became a comedy faction
I couldnt even imagine watching WCW in 94-96. Then again WWF wasnt really doing much better at that same time looking back. Luckily i got into wrestling at the end of 96.

Favorite PPV was Starcade 97 cause I was HYPE AS FUCK for Sting / Hogan with Bret pullin up into WCW
Yeah it was the most hyped up one. I just wish they would of executed the main event with a clean Sting victory. That ending fucked the whole show up for me. And FUCK HOGAN for all that.

The ppv commericals for that show that would air on different channels between random shows always had me glued as a kid. I thought it was going to be the biggest wrestling match in history at that point. Also i loved The Crow movie so i was locked in.

96 HBK & WWE was mid as hell things didnt start picking up til post WM 13 when Austin started becoming an important piece and Bret went heel with the Hart Foundation. That was the prelude to the Attitude era they was about to get in their bag.

96 HBK & WWE was mid as hell things didnt start picking up til post WM 13 when Austin started becoming an important piece and Bret went heel with the Hart Foundation. That was the prelude to the Attitude era they was about to get in their bag.
Before that you had no draw Diesel and his boring ass year long title reign

WCW 98 has a lot of fun stuff, the rise of Goldberg, Raven and the Flock, Jericho & Rufus, the Wolfpack, booker t & Benoit best of 7 series, cruiserweights rising up the card.

There's a looooooot of bullshit to get to the good parts though.

Thank you.. The revisionist history shit was killing me.. WCW didn’t start fall off creatively until around like the fourth quarter of 98.. And creatively they started to slowly cook with the start Pillman/Kevin Sullivan storyline in February of 96.. That’s when they began to phase out all WWF rip-off cartoon bullshit characters & storylines…

Back