Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I hope she straight.

Mfs gotta be careful cus it looks like that injury bug going around again with Summerslam right around the corner

Backstage News on Classic FTR vs. Jay White & Juice Robinson Match From AEW Collision

While speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted some backstage notes on the bout, including them working most of it on the fly and didn’t have much planned.

“An interesting aspect of this match is that they did not work a lot out before the match. I mean, I'm not saying it's all called in the ring, but there were things that happened. Juice got there at two [in the afternoon]. The match started at six [at night]. I know that there was a thing of let's, you know, they started the Collision with the match, six o'clock, whatever it is. Calgary time, I think it was. Whatever it was, they started the match. Well, six was mountain time. They started the match and there was, you know, at the start of the show there was definitely talk. I know that they wanted to get a little bit of time to work it out and start the match later. But I think that because of the nature of it being a two-hour show and you have to do this hour match, they just wanted to start it with it. Really impressive. It would've been impressive if they worked the whole match out. It still would've been. It was super impressive. But, that was another aspect of the story.”

Backstage News on Classic FTR vs. Jay White & Juice Robinson Match From AEW Collision

While speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted some backstage notes on the bout, including them working most of it on the fly and didn’t have much planned.

“An interesting aspect of this match is that they did not work a lot out before the match. I mean, I'm not saying it's all called in the ring, but there were things that happened. Juice got there at two [in the afternoon]. The match started at six [at night]. I know that there was a thing of let's, you know, they started the Collision with the match, six o'clock, whatever it is. Calgary time, I think it was. Whatever it was, they started the match. Well, six was mountain time. They started the match and there was, you know, at the start of the show there was definitely talk. I know that they wanted to get a little bit of time to work it out and start the match later. But I think that because of the nature of it being a two-hour show and you have to do this hour match, they just wanted to start it with it. Really impressive. It would've been impressive if they worked the whole match out. It still would've been. It was super impressive. But, that was another aspect of the story.”
That makes that match so much more impressive. Crazy.

WWE SmackDown Reportedly Broke Historic New Ground For Wrestling Programs Last Week

Last Friday, the "Tribal Court" segment that took up roughly the first third of "WWE SmackDown" popped a huge rating, beating recent highs to make it the biggest episode in years, but the historical significance was greater than that. As outlined in the newest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the July 7 "SmackDown" appears to be the first time a pro wrestling show has ever been the top English-language show of the week on all of television.

In the "key demo" of adults aged 18 to 49, "SmackDown" averaged a 0.76 rating and 986,000 viewers. The show peaked in the second quarter-hour — the back half of "Tribal Court" — by averaging 3,070,000 viewers overall and 1,223,000 viewers in 18 to 49 for a 0.94 rating, described as "the largest number for a "Smackdown" quarter in several years." For the uninitiated, the ratings are there to be the metric by which ad rates are set, so since younger viewers are believed to have more buying power and less brand loyalty, the 18 to 49 demographic has become the main one tracked by the TV industry.

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/133995...oric-new-ground-wrestling-programs-last-week/

roman-reigns-gifs-tenor.gif

It would've been comedy gold had stuck wit her heel persona and still called everyone losers. Lol

WWE SmackDown Reportedly Broke Historic New Ground For Wrestling Programs Last Week

Last Friday, the "Tribal Court" segment that took up roughly the first third of "WWE SmackDown" popped a huge rating, beating recent highs to make it the biggest episode in years, but the historical significance was greater than that. As outlined in the newest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the July 7 "SmackDown" appears to be the first time a pro wrestling show has ever been the top English-language show of the week on all of television.

In the "key demo" of adults aged 18 to 49, "SmackDown" averaged a 0.76 rating and 986,000 viewers. The show peaked in the second quarter-hour — the back half of "Tribal Court" — by averaging 3,070,000 viewers overall and 1,223,000 viewers in 18 to 49 for a 0.94 rating, described as "the largest number for a "Smackdown" quarter in several years." For the uninitiated, the ratings are there to be the metric by which ad rates are set, so since younger viewers are believed to have more buying power and less brand loyalty, the 18 to 49 demographic has become the main one tracked by the TV industry.

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/133995...oric-new-ground-wrestling-programs-last-week/

roman-reigns-gifs-tenor.gif

Needle...Mover

Back