Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Harrison tore him up with that jab.. that was a boxing clinic... he turned him kept him at distance. Discouraged him, countered him.. he had Garcia inhaling the jab

Fundora vs Lubin was a hell of a scrap
I had Fundora wider than farhood.

Lubin should have fought at medium range should jabe mced his feet..

Fundora made him look like an avatar

Fundora is annoyingly tall and skinny.. gotta give him props he has a hell of a chin his inside game is vicious he is wirey strong and he doesnt let you grab him... he doesnt need to fight on the pocket all the time as dangerous as he is.. he should jab

Round 7 was a round of the year candidate

Damn Lubin lost but he and Fundora fought a hell of a fight. Fundora got a chin and a hell of a work rate cause Lubin was landing some heavy shots the whole fight. That was fight was basically a war of attrition. They both took a beating for real. Fundora wasn't too far from going out himself it's just Lubin went out first.

Much respect to both cause they both seemed to have gave everything they had in the ring until it was over.

Kevin Cunningham stock also went up in my book as a trainer. I say that because he was giving Lubin great advice in the corner between rounds. If Lubin could've or followed that advice better he might've won.

Lubin might not actually be chinny. It seems that if he gets caught before he gets warmed up he can get KO'ed or rocked good. After he gets warmed up he seems to take punches just fine. Fundora hit Lubin with better shots later in the fight that Lubin took just fine than the one that dropped him in the 2nd round.

Lubin just might be a really talented fighter who might not ever win a belt.

Damn Lubin lost but he and Fundora fought a hell of a fight. Fundora got a chin and a hell of a work rate cause Lubin was landing some heavy shots the whole fight. That was fight was basically a war of attrition. They both took a beating for real. Fundora wasn't too far from going out himself it's just Lubin went out first.

Much respect to both cause they both seemed to have gave everything they had in the ring until it was over.

Kevin Cunningham stock also went up in my book as a trainer. I say that because he was giving Lubin great advice in the corner between rounds. If Lubin could've or followed that advice better he might've won.

Lubin might not actually be chinny. It seems that if he gets caught before he gets warmed up he can get KO'ed or rocked good. After he gets warmed up he seems to take punches just fine. Fundora hit Lubin with better shots later in the fight that Lubin took just fine than the one that dropped him in the 2nd round.

Lubin just might be a really talented fighter who might not ever win a belt.
I Feel bad for Lubin. Was hoping he could work his way back for a title shot...I think he is Chinny though.. he got hurt late in the fight against Gausha and hurt mid fight by Rosario...I think he was tagging Fundura early and thought he'd knock him out so he abandoned the game plan and got sucked into the wrong fight

I Feel bad for Lubin. Was hoping he could work his way back for a title shot...I think he is Chinny though.. he got hurt late in the fight against Gausha and hurt mid fight by Rosario...I think he was tagging Fundura early and thought he'd knock him out so he abandoned the game plan and got sucked into the wrong fight

I respect the opinion on being chinny just disagree.

One thing I noticed in the game plan is that Lubin tried to keep it mid range for the most part where was fucking up at is he wouldn't turn Fundora or step over once he got his shit off. Cunningham in between round kept telling him step over and turn him and Lubin either couldn't or just wouldn't do it.

Also it seems crazy how Lubin can't seem to find a way to protect himself from uppercuts. That was damn near the only punch Fundora was landing.

Yeah i dont know how chinny got to be a. Word that describes Lubin he dies get rocked on run of the mill punches he doesnt have bad reactions to those type punches.. context matters
. The fact you get koed early or lnocked down sometimes doesn't automatically mean you are chinny hebhas tasted real power

Lubin face reminds me of Cotto after the 1st Margarito fight. The way both their faces was swollen and how they was just bleeding from the nose and mouth was similar to me.
erickson-lubin_1649582110.jpg
haye3436.jpg

Lubin face reminds me of Cotto after the 1st Margarito fight. The way both their faces was swollen and how they was just bleeding from the nose and mouth was similar to me.
erickson-lubin_1649582110.jpg
haye3436.jpg
Yeah, I thought about that too. Some people were saying Fundora didn't take his glove off after the match... Ionno

Yeah, I thought about that too. Some people were saying Fundora didn't take his glove off after the match... Ionno

I heard dude talk about the glove on Barbershop conversations. I ain't going to take away from Fundora's win. If he did do something fucked up, I'll just say I hope he gets caught and gets what he deserves if that is case.

Just read that Lubin got a broken nose and separated his right shoulder and the shoulder will need surgery. This fight was fucking brutal.

Last edited:
Back