Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
I listen to him ego(better with Troy King) and just stumbled up on barbershop conversation youtube channel. That's where I get most of my boxing news.
Yea frequent all those joints to get different POVs. GGG need to stop fakin at this point. Yea there was a time that there werent alot of fighters for him to fight. But thats not the case right know.

It was a mockery of the sport, preposterous, utterly absurd

220px-Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.JPG
Self evaluation, I think Jackie Chile's might have been my best character online....

Sad du was brilliant too....I turned my Avi to a sad smiley face and literally Debbie downered every thread I was on... This was years ago... And I wanna say it was on the heels of a roast I lost, so Niggaz was trying to say I was still in my feelings so I ran with it..... Good times

Vargas should've won that fight by a couple of points if he wasn't so damn dumb down the stretch. IMO Vargas had a nice lead he just needed to maintain it.

I see folks still believe in Broner and still have this sense like if only he could just focus and put it all together. Broner is who the fuck he is. A decent fighter but never someone who was going to be a true great or even an ATG fighter. Broner hasn't beat one decent fighter who he wasn't able to bully in the ring. Once Broner left 135 all that bullying shit was over and so was him being looked at some top notch fighter. Broner sold himself to the public as being something way better than he actually ever was and some people can't let go of the dream he sold himself as and accept the reality of that nigga just being average.

Stephen "Breadman" Edwards said in a interview a few years ago. That Broner was never one of the best amateur fighters in the country. He said in all the real big national tournaments that had all the best american amateurs that Broner would always lose early in the those tournaments. So his pro career is playing out just like in the amateurs. Broner looks good beating up the real lower tier fighters but when the competition gets better he barely scraps by or he loses.

Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Jermall Charlo, Demetrius Andrade, BJ Saunders.

There is a zero percent chance GGG fights all of these guys. Zero percent chance he fights 3of them. 10 percent chance he fights 2. 20 percent chance he fights just 1 of them before he retires. Thoughts.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Triple Borat is going fight Canelo 2 or 3 more times.. After that he may cash out.. If doesn’t retire I could see him fight Billy Joe because he connected to HBO & I think Billy Joe’s team will do everything that they can to hog that WBO belt until he gets a big fight w/ either GGG or Roids x Cinnamon.. Also I could see GGG fighting Andrade If he’s still on HBO.. Because HBO has apparently soured on Andrade even though he has 3 fights left on his deal with them...

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/broner-my-stocks-up-vargas-fight-i-performed-yall--127456

Broner: My Stock's Up After Vargas Fight; I Performed for Y'all!
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Adrien Broner didn’t get the victory he thinks he earned Saturday night.

Broner is sure, though, that the way he fought against Jessie Vargas proved the inconsistent ex-champion can continue to succeed against championship-caliber opposition. Even Broner feels his majority draw with Vargas amounted to a close fight at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, but the Cincinnati native figures fighting in an entertaining way was exactly what he needed to show boxing fans in his first fight after losing to Mikey Garcia.

“Sh*t, my stock go up,” Broner said at ringside late Saturday night. “Y’all see what I did in here? Did y’all see what I did in here? Come on, man, did y’all see what I did in here? And do y’all see the type of performance I put on, man? I performed for y’all.”

His fight against Las Vegas’ Vargas (28-2-1, 10 KOs) was widely viewed as one Broner couldn’t afford to lose if he is to remain in contention for sizeable paydays and meaningful fights against top opponents. The 28-year-old Broner (33-3-1, 24 KOs, 1 NC), one of the most polarizing people in boxing, lost a decisive decision to Garcia (38-0, 30 KOs) in their 12-round, 140-pound bout July 29 at Barclays Center.

He was much more competitive and entertaining Saturday night than he was against Garcia. Broner still didn’t let his hands go enough at times, but he was very accurate with his power punches versus the defensively flawed Vargas (152-of-347; 44 percent).

Only one judge, Julie Lederman, scored their 12-round, 144-pound fight for Broner (115-113). Two judges, Eric Marlinski and Kevin Morgan, scored the action even (114-114).

Broner still was pretty pleased with how he performed in his first fight with no-nonsense veteran Kevin Cunningham as his head trainer. Cunningham, who previously worked Broner’s corner, ran what Broner called a “militant” training camp in West Palm Beach, Florida.

“Very different,” said Broner, who made $1 million, twice what Vargas earned ($500,000). “As you can see, I was letting my hands go more. This is just the first fight with Kevin. It was a very different training camp and I felt great. As you can see, I’m as clean as a whistle. I ain’t got a scratch on me. I look good. I look like I just walked in the ring. He f*cked up. He probably gotta spend the night in the hospital.”

neil-no.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/frampton-hopes-get-valdez-selby-warrington-next--127460

Frampton Hopes To Get Valdez, Selby or Warrington Next
By Chris McKenna, courtesy of The Daily Star

CARL FRAMPTON admitted he cannot wait to fight at Windsor Park in August.

The featherweight star put in a stunning display to outbox former four-weight world champion Nonito Donaire in Belfast last night.

Now he is eyeing up a world title shot in the summer at the home of his beloved Northern Ireland.

Frampton is set to meet either WBO champion Oscar Valdez or the winner of the clash between IBF title holder Lee Selby against Josh Warrington.

“It’s going to be hard to describe, I can’t wait,” Frampton said after his 25 career win. “I’m excited about it already and I don’t even know my opponent is.

“Valdez, I’d love Valdez, Selby, Warrington - I’d love any of those.

“Leo Santa Cuz isn’t going to happen because he’s fighting Abner Mares in June. Listen, I want a world title and that’s it.”

Former two-weight world champion Frampton put in an almost punch perfect display as he cutely outsmarted Filipino puncher Donaire at the SSE Arena.

The sharp counter right hands from Frampton did most of the damage while his fast footwork got him out of danger.

Donaire did hurt the hometown favourite in the 11 round but by then Frampton had the fight won and the judges all gave it to him 117-111.

He said: “It showed a different side to me.

“I’m a boxer and I can box if I want to. I’ve got a whole lot of sides to my game and I think I showed that. It was a masterclass at times.

“I had a simple game plan, there was nothing too scientific about it - use my jab from the outside and when I got close, to stay close.

“I knew I was the stronger man and I started to bully him a bit on the inside.

“It was simple boxing, it was a jab on the outside and when I got close to stay close and use my physical presence. And that was it.

“I knew he was dangerous and my plan, although it was simple, it worked to a T.

“I thought it was a pretty decent performance.

“I just felt so fresh. I didn’t feel tired at all. It was the best camp I’ve ever had and the most scientific approach. That’s credit to my trainer Jamie Moore and everyone.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-povetkin-expects-fight-anthony-joshua-next--127465

Alexander Povetkin Expects To Fight Anthony Joshua Next

Alexander Povetkin (34-1, 24 KOs) is expecting to become the next opponent for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO world champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs).

Povetkin, an Olympic gold medal winner and a former world champion, is the mandatory challenger under the WBA and WBO.

The WBA recently ordered the two fighters to negotiate a deal or risk the possibility of heading to a purse bid. They have until May 6th.

Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, anticipated this possibility, and placed the Russian boxer on undercard of Joshua's event last month at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Povetkin scored a brutal fifth round knockout over Olympic bronze medal winner David Price, while Joshua appeared in the main event and won a twelve round unanimous decision over Joseph Parker to unify his four belts.

There is some talk of a fight between Joshua and WBC champion Deontay Wilder - but the two sides are very far apart on the financial terms.

Andrei Ryabinsky, who promotes Povetkin, believes the contest with Joshua will happen next.

"I believe that Joshua will follow and cooperate with the rules of the sanctioning bodies for the titles that he holds," Ryabinsky exclusively told Sky Sports.

"I think every fighter has to fight the best to prove that he is the best. I see no reason why Joshua would not want to fight Povetkin as his next opponent. We have started discussing the fight. [Joshua's promoter] Eddie Hearn is a very respectable promoter, we consider him our partner, and we hope that we can have a pleasant and efficient negotiations process."

Povetkin's promoter has no problem with doing the fight at any major venue in the UK, Russia or even the United States.

"We are happy to make the fight in England as both fighters have a lot of fans in England, there are many Russians that live in England and many who will come to England for the fight," Ryabinsky said.

"Yes, of course, it is possible [to fight Joshua in Russia]. [The Luzhniki Stadium] has been recently renovated, it's a legendary stadium, it has the capacity for a fight of this magnitude. Doing the fight in the USA is also an option."

I think it’s pretty obvious that Triple Borat is going fight Canelo 2 or 3 more times.. After that he may cash out.. If doesn’t retire I could see him fight Billy Joe because he connected to HBO & I think Billy Joe’s team will do everything that they can to hog that WBO belt until he gets a big fight w/ either GGG or Roids x Cinnamon.. Also I could see GGG fighting Andrade If he’s still on HBO.. Because HBO has apparently soured on Andrade even though he has 3 fights left on his deal with them...

If GGG wins the rematch with Canelo in Sept. They not fighting a 3rd time in row cause Canelo ain't going to want to do an immediate rematch. A 3rd fight will only happen with GGG on his very last legs with the chances of winning for Canelo being very high. The media will eat that shit up and act like GGG wasn't washed up.

Saunders and his team basically admitted they waited for GGG to get this old. They hoping he wins the rematch and is looking even older in doing so just in case they finally decided to make the fight. Saunders fighting and beating Lemiuex and possibly Martin Murray in his next fight are "OK"wins but he needs to do a lot better than them competition wise.

I don't see GGG fighting Andrade. That fight does nothing for GGG at this point. Andrade too good to be a inbetween stay busy voluntary belt defense and Andrade doesn't bring enough money to make it worth while to pay a lesser mandatory step aside money so Andrade vs GGG can be made.

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/jermel...over-alleged-racial-profiling-news.48359.html

Jermell Charlo Will Take Legal Action Over Alleged Racial Profiling

We reported on an alleged incident involving Boxing Champ Jermell Charlo and a gym refusing his entry. The Life Time Athletic gym in Manhattan have since apologized for the "misunderstanding concerning (their) guest policy." They did however deny accusations of racial profiling on record: "To be clear, we apologize for what appears to be a misunderstanding concerning our guest policy. Ultimately, we always welcome all individuals and the opportunity to serve them in a safe and respectful manner."

Jermell is not buying their effort to make amends. His initial response to their press release was indicative of his stance. He said in short, "I'm a black man and they didn't let me in." The video footage of the incident, filmed by Jermell himself, shows the employee at the reception refusing his offer to pay. Although described by staffers as a "verbal altercation," the video does not convey any violent behaviours by either side.

Jermell sat down with TMZ Sports in the above segment, basically signally his intent to sue The Life Time Athletic gym. Most importantly he wants to make an example of the situation in the context of racist mistreatment. Jermell claims his crew were falsely accused of "smelling like weed" when in fact the culprit was a staff member who walk reeking of Cannabis. Hopefully, Jermell can set aside his outrage momentarily for his brother's championship fight on Saturday, and pick things up shortly thereafter.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jermall-charlo-expects-return-august-fight-houston--127459

Jermall Charlo Expects to Return for August Fight in Houston
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Ideally, Jermall Charlo would love to challenge Gennady Golovkin for middleweight supremacy in his next fight.

Charlo, the mandatory challenger for Golovkin’s WBC 160-pound championship, realizes that he is much more likely to face another opponent next because Golovkin is expected to fight Canelo Alvarez again September 15.

The newly crowned WBC interim middleweight champion probably will take on a less imposing opponent when he returns to the ring late in the summer.

Charlo revealed adviser Al Haymon has mentioned he could come back in August against an undetermined opponent in his hometown of Houston.

“I was promised [a fight] in August, so probably August in my hometown,” Charlo said following his impressive second-round demolition of Hugo Centeno Jr. on Saturday night in Brooklyn. “Maybe take a nice little – another fight. I wanna stay active because I don’t want anybody to think that I’m not training, I’m not working. So I wanna keep fighting. I wanna deliver the fans some more explosive fights, some more explosive knockouts while I’ve got that window of opportunity right here. So I’m ready.”

When asked if top middleweights like Golovkin, Alvarez, WBO champion Billy Joe Saunders or Daniel Jacobs will want to fight a young, dangerous challenger who’s knocking out opponents, Charlo was diplomatic.

“Hey, I’m not a matchmaker, I’m not a promoter or a manager or any of that,” Charlo said. “I’m an active fighter. I fight for a living. That’s what I do. I’ll fight whoever. I’ll fight Canelo, if that’s what they want me to do. I’m No. 1 in the world right now. I just moved up to middleweight. This is my second fight at middleweight. I’m going for No. 3. Look, I’m ready.”

The 27-year-old Charlo (27-0, 21 KOs) and his twin brother, WBC super welterweight champ Jermell Charlo (30-0, 15 KOs), have been asking Haymon to headline cards in Houston since they became world champions. Jermall Charlo, a former IBF junior middleweight champ, hasn’t fought in Houston since March 2012.

Ortiz-Whyte wbc eliminator ordered if anyone cares

Bigger news. Keith Thurman vacated WBC title. Garcia-Porter ordered for the title. Thurman mandatory to belt once he returns. Or if. Big if.

Ortiz vs Whyte is going to be a good fight.

I'm picking King Kong if anyone wants that action.

And Porter over Garcia too.

Ortiz-Whyte wbc eliminator ordered if anyone cares

Bigger news. Keith Thurman vacated WBC title. Garcia-Porter ordered for the title. Thurman mandatory to belt once he returns. Or if. Big if.

Good that Porter and Garcia are fighting for that belt. Now after a easy fight after they fight. I want to see which one is going to be willing to fight Spence. I would say chances are better that Porter would fight Spence before Garcia would.

I'm leaning towards Porter beating Danny cause Porter likes to fight inside and Danny needs his opponent to be at mid-range to get that left hook off. Just feel like Porter can smother Danny cause he is the stronger fighter and I don't see Danny catching Porter too much on the way inside.

Back