Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Danny Jacobs lack of focus for the whole fight caused him to look bad in this fight.

The Sulecki dude came to fight and is not a bad fighter at all.

People are judging Jacobs off his performance vs GGG. But did Jacobs really fight that well or do we think GGG is actually better than he is ? GGG is solid for sure. But him being this killa wilding exaggerated imo.

People are judging Jacobs off his performance vs GGG. But did Jacobs really fight that well or do we think GGG is actually better than he is ? GGG is solid for sure. But him being this killa wilding exaggerated imo.

That is a valid argument. I'm just of the opinion Jacobs fought the fight of his life vs GGG but he also is much better than his performance last Saturday

On whos part GGG on Jacobs..

no GGG is a killer he had Canelo on his bike all fight...

as for Jacobs he is full of blunt force trauma but i think he thinks too much in the ring he reminds me of Thurman in that sense but ya Sulecki is a solid opponent.. jacobs should have offered more.. in terms of output and consistency he acted like he was fighting triple GGG or some shit

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-its-up-hbo-deliver-golovkin-canelo-jacobs--127685

Hearn: It's Up to HBO to Deliver Golovkin or Canelo for Jacobs
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Daniel Jacobs and promoter Eddie Hearn hope his HBO deal eventually continues the way it was designed.

The plan Hearn arranged along with Jacobs’ manager, Keith Connolly, was for Jacobs to win two HBO bouts before getting either a rematch against Gennady Golovkin or a shot at Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez. Now that he has beaten Luis Arias and Maciej Sulecki in those two fights, it appears as if they’ll have to wait longer than they thought for a high-profile fight against Golovkin or Alvarez.

Assuming Golovkin defeats Vanes Martirosyan on Saturday night, the unbeaten IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion probably will face Canelo Alvarez in his following fight. Their rematch, which was supposed to take place Saturday night, is expected to be rescheduled for September 15, four weeks after Alvarez’s six-month suspension for failing two performance-enhancing drug tests is set to end.

That’ll leave Jacobs’ handlers to seek another opponent for his next fight.

Hearn mentioned two other undefeated fighters as potential options – Jermall Charlo (27-0, 21 KOs) and Sergiy Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs) – if Jacobs can’t get Golovkin in the ring again next. He would welcome a shot at WBO champion Billy Joe Saunders as well, but Hearn said he thinks England’s Saunders (26-0, 12 KOs) would want too much money to fight Jacobs in the United States and acknowledged that his contentious relationship with Saunders’ promoter, Frank Warren, would make it tough to come to an agreement.

Regardless, Hearn admitted it’s time for the 31-year-old Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) to take a more meaningful fight now that he has recorded unanimous-decision victories over Arias (18-1, 9 KOs) and Sulecki (26-1, 10 KOs).

“I think the most impressive thing Danny’s done is he’s fought two guys where he hasn’t got a lot to gain in those fights, but they have everything to gain,” Hearn said during the post-fight press conference early Sunday morning at Barclays Center. “You know, the first one, an undefeated fighter, against Arias. This one, a much better fighter than Arias, in Sulecki. You know, he’s come through. He’s proved his worth.

“He’s the one going out there, fighting the undefeated guys. And now, he must have a marquee fight next because he will rise and box even better against the better fighters. And, you know, I think it’s very important that he fights a Charlo, Golovkin, Derevyanchenko.”

Jacobs beat Poland’s Sulecki on all three scorecards (117-110, 116-111, 115-112), but not before Sulecki consistently landed his right hand and created some troublesome moments during their 12-round fight in Brooklyn. Jacobs took risks defensively against Sulecki that he might not have taken against a bigger puncher, but they provided entertainment in what was a competitive fight.

“We’re proud of the deal we’ve done with Danny,” Hearn said, “and also the fact that he’s doing extremely well over here and he has HBO backing him. And they’ve backed him in two fights, and now they want, along with us, the big one. You know, we came to HBO to fight Gennady Golovkin or Canelo.

“Since then, the division has split and opened up a little bit. So there are big, marquee fights out there for him, outside of those two. But, you know, again, it’s really on the network to deliver the fights that we came for. And that’s Gennady Golovkin and Canelo. So obviously it’s slowed down a little bit in that process.”

Jacobs recognizes he’ll have to win a difficult fight later this year to remain in line to fight Golovkin or Alvarez sometime in 2019.

“We took this guy’s 0, just like we took the last guy’s 0,” Jacobs said, referring to Sulecki and Arias. “And we’re not gonna cherry pick. We’re not gonna go down the line of what I call scrubs. But at the end of the day, I just wanna make sure the fans are happy.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-on-crowd-broner-vargas-much-bigger-jacobs-sulecki--127678

Hearn on Crowd: Broner-Vargas Much Bigger Than Jacobs-Sulecki
By Radio Rahim

In the month of April, there were back to back events at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Last week, the venue held a Showtime televised tripleheader, which featured Gervonta Davis and Jermall Charlo in separate title fights - and a crossroads main event between former world champions Adrien Broner and Jessie Vargas.

And last night, Barclays held an HBO televised doubleheader with Brooklyn natives Jarrell Miller and Daniel Jacobs. Jacobs topped the card in a competitive fight against undefeated Maciej Sulecki.

The Broner-Vargas card packed in the house with an announced crowd of 13,964.

And a week later, the crowd for Jacobs-Sulecki was announced at 7,892.

Last night's card was the second promotional venture in the United States for British promoter Eddie Hearn - who several months ago started his Matchroom USA banner.

A lot of industry critics were very focused on the attendance drop-off between the back to back Brooklyn cards.

Many critics argue that Hearn's event, featuring two hometown fighters, should have sold just as many tickets, or even more, than a tripleheader which featured fighters from Ohio, Maryland, Texas and Las Vegas.

On the other hand, Hearn counters that Broner-Vargas was simply a much bigger fight - and the contest also had a well known supporting cast. The British promoter also states that Showtime's tripleheader, taking place one week prior, took some of the shine away from his card.

"I was reasonably happy with the attendance. It did half of last week. We did 7,000 and we did 6,000 at the NYCB [for Jacobs' last fight]. We're coming in a week after a really good card with Broner-Vargas - which is a much bigger fight than Jacobs-Sulecki, let's not kid ourselves. Charlo was on the card as well, Gervonta Davis was on the card as well," Hearn told BoxingScene.com.

"If I did Bellew-Haye at the O2 [in London] or another promoter did Bellew-Haye at the O2, and then I went a week after and I did 7,000 - I would be over the moon. People will try to put a focus and say 'oh Hearn didn't do very well on the gate.' No problem, we're learning. We had a great atmosphere tonight. It was a really good show. It was a real good win for Danny Jacobs."

Hearn has been boasting of a very big announcement in two weeks.

"The next move, in two weeks time, our new announcement, and then you're going to see massive fights and you're going to see sold-out arenas every time," Hearn said.

While there are many rumors going around regarding the announcement, some industry insiders expect Hearn to announce that Matchroom USA is opening a physical office, with an actual staff, in the United States - and they are going to start aggressively pursing new fighters to sign.

On whos part GGG on Jacobs..

no GGG is a killer he had Canelo on his bike all fight...

as for Jacobs he is full of blunt force trauma but i think he thinks too much in the ring he reminds me of Thurman in that sense but ya Sulecki is a solid opponent.. jacobs should have offered more.. in terms of output and consistency he acted like he was fighting triple GGG or some shit

Just my opinion. I feel GGG is solid. But is resume isnt full of solid opponents for me to consider him a killa.

https://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spence-im-best-147-i-want-garcia-porter-thurman--127788

Errol Spence: I'm The Best at 147 - I Want Garcia, Porter, Thurman

IBF welterweight world champion Errol Spence (23-0, 20 KOs) wants to secure fights with the top boxers of his division - and he's willing to face every recognizable fighter in the weight class.

Spence will return to the ring on June 16th, when he makes a mandatory title defense against unbeaten Carlos Ocampo (22-0, 13 KOs) at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas.

The contest will headline a Showtime televised card on June 16th.

After Ocampo, Spence is hoping to face the winner of Shawn Porter vs. Danny Garcia - which was recently ordered for the vacant WBC welterweight title.

And he also hopes to get his hands on WBA champion Keith Thurman, who is currently out with injury.

"I do believe I'm the best welterweight in boxing right now. I've been trying to prove it for a long time. I'm never looking past anyone, but I'd love to fight Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter and when he's back, Keith Thurman. I'm ready to fight the best in the division and prove I reign supreme over all of them," Spence said.

While he wants those big names, Spence is not overlooking Ocampo.

The young Mexican boxer is a huge underdog in the contest and very few are expecting him to see the final bell.

Spence is training very hard to get a statement win - which he hopes will come by way of a knockout.

"Everybody poses a challenge in the ring. Ocampo is tough. He's young and this is something he's been fighting for his whole life. I know he's coming to fight. Mexican fighters have a great tradition. They come to fight and they don't back down. I know he's going to give it his all and that gets me motivated," Spence said.

"My motto is 'Man Down' and I have to live up to it. I don't go in looking for the knockout, but I let it happen naturally. I let it come to me and we're definitely going to let it happen on fight night."

LLS @ "I'M FREE SMOKE SPENCE ANYBODY IN THE DIVISION CAN GET IT!!" You gotta love shit like that

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...kin-unsure-rematch-saul-canelo-alvarez-happen

Gennady Golovkin: Canelo Alvarez rematch right now 'a question mark'

If there is no rematch, Sanchez said GGG won't lack for interesting opponents.

"Boxing does not revolve around Canelo. There are a lot of other fighters in the middleweight division who deserve to fight for a title," he said.

Sanchez mentioned fighters such as titleholder Billy Joe Saunders; interim titlist Jermall Charlo, now one of Golovkin's mandatory challengers; Daniel Jacobs, who lost a competitive decision to Golovkin last year and is another GGG mandatory challenger; Sergey Derevyanchenko, yet another Golovkin mandatory challenger; and secondary titlist Ryota Murata, whose handlers have piqued Golovkin's interest by mentioning the possibility of a major fight in Japan at the Tokyo Dome.

A9C4A3D8-39F4-4FA3-ABD7-26A950424B36.gif

Back