Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
No fighter is perfect in all the fights they do and don't take. I didn't even say what I said as a defense or that I agree with every move Canelo has made. But to sit here and act like these dudes ain't doing exactly what he said is bullshit as well. Stop acting like Khan wasn't a business decision. We know what that was about and truth be told for his weight Khan has a damn good resume. Andrade and Charlo have shit resumes. 154 Charlo has a good resume though.

I'll give Andrade his credit though because he at least takes the fights that would make him a Canelo mandatory even if he fighting fighters that aren't good to get that position.

IMO it don't make sense to avoid fighting the best fights competition wise to lessen the chance of losing a fight just to hope to get a Canelo fight. With Canelo being the cash cow he has the option to fight basically anybody he wants. The best option would be to eliminate those other options so he basically has to choose the winner of those fights. That would actually give them more negotiating leverage. Especially since it's already been proven the belt orgs always going to side with Canelo.

I just can’t get down with Saul fighting the likes of Yldrim and Amir. I don’t have an issue with showcase fights, but you can’t justify him facing Amir and that’s what bothers me because I know what those comments read like.

Those two fighters did absolutely nothing to earn a match, but two better fighters have to go through the gauntlet? Nah. Charlo and Andrade are the men he knows he doesn’t wanna face because they’ll make him look bad.

I just can’t get down with Saul fighting the likes of Yldrim and Amir. I don’t have an issue with showcase fights, but you can’t justify him facing Amir and that’s what bothers me because I know what those comments read like.

Those two fighters did absolutely nothing to earn a match, but two better fighters have to go through the gauntlet? Nah. Charlo and Andrade are the men he knows he doesn’t wanna face because they’ll make him look bad.

I ain't justifying shit just calling it what it is. Canelo vs Khan was a money grab plain and simple I don't like it but I know what it is. Yldrim was some bullshit mandatory fight.

LLS at calling for 2 good fighters to face each other a gauntlet. Them facing each other ain't no gauntlet. A gauntlet would be all those fighters waiting on a Canelo payday participating in a Super Six style tournament with the winner facing Canelo. That would be a gauntlet.

Funny you say they're better but Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez haven't PROVEN that they're better. In reality Khan faced a better level of competition at 140 &147 than either of those 3 have at 154, 160 & 168. For the record I actually do believe they are better than Khan but they all have to get in the ring and prove it. Waiting on a Canelo fight ain't only way they can prove that point.

Why do they have to wait to fight Canelo before they fight each other?

Should Floyd not have fought Zab Judah, Castillo(2 times) & Corrales because he wanted to fight De la Hoya? Should Pacquiao not have fought Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Bradley because he wanted to fight Floyd?

Both things can be true is the point. The Khan & Yldrim fights didn't need to happen. But just because they did doesn't mean Andrade, Charlo or Benavidez shouldn't have to fight each other.

I know Canelo ain't facing world beaters but its a fact he facing better fighters than those 3 are just waiting and praying for Canelo to pick them.

No 1 fight has ever made a fighter legendary. They all going to have to fight more than Canelo to make it to the HOF let alone to be considered a legend.

Last edited:
I find it funny when we know a spanish speaking fighter understands english but can't speak it and the question still gets translated. Stop wasting time just translate the answer cause the question was already understood.

See the source image

I ain't justifying shit just calling it what it is. Canelo vs Khan was a money grab plain and simple I don't like it but I know what it is. Yldrim was some bullshit mandatory fight.

LLS at calling for 2 good fighters to face each other a gauntlet. Them facing each other ain't no gauntlet. A gauntlet would be all those fighters waiting on a Canelo payday participating in a Super Six style tournament with the winner facing Canelo. That would be a gauntlet.

Funny you say they're better but Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez haven't PROVEN that they're better. In reality Khan faced a better level of competition at 140 &147 than either of those 3 have at 154, 160 & 168. For the record I actually do believe they are better than Khan but they all have to get in the ring and prove it. Waiting on a Canelo fight ain't only way they can prove that point.

Why do they have to wait to fight Canelo before they fight each other?

Should Floyd not have fought Zab Judah, Castillo(2 times) & Corrales because he wanted to fight De la Hoya? Should Pacquiao not have fought Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Bradley because he wanted to fight Floyd?

Both things can be true is the point. The Khan & Yldrim fights didn't need to happen. But just because they did doesn't mean Andrade, Charlo or Benavidez shouldn't have to fight each other.

I know Canelo ain't facing world beaters but its a fact he facing better fighters than those 3 are just waiting and praying for Canelo to pick them.

No 1 fight has ever made a fighter legendary. They all going to have to fight more than Canelo to make it to the HOF let alone to be considered a legend.

Yes they should face one another. However? It’s a common trick thar boxers do, they avoid the slick and talented black fighters and face these european stiffs and bums to build up their profile. Amir being a money fight to me is irrelevant. Amir was a man who couldn’t handle a Junior welterweights power in Danny Garcia. He was stunned against Chris Algeri. He got stopped by a lightweight bredis Prescottl

Him and GGG want Charlo and Andrade to pick each other off so they can maybe face the winner and never face the loser. Look at how BJS ran from Andrade twice.

Yes they should face one another. However? It’s a common trick thar boxers do, they avoid the slick and talented black fighters and face these european stiffs and bums to build up their profile. Amir being a money fight to me is irrelevant. Amir was a man who couldn’t handle a Junior welterweights power in Danny Garcia. He was stunned against Chris Algeri. He got stopped by a lightweight bredis Prescottl

Him and GGG want Charlo and Andrade to pick each other off so they can maybe face the winner and never face the loser. Look at how BJS ran from Andrade twice.

The bold is the only thing that matter cause that was the whole point of any of this.

I'll reply to the rest just cause. I agree that happens with some black fighters. Lets see if you have that same energy for black fighters and promoters doing that same thing to other black fighters. Haymon did that exact same thing to Gary Russell Jr by keeping him out of that circle of fights between Leon Santa Cruz, Carl Frampton and Abner Mares. 154 Charlo is trying to do that to Erickson Lubin right now.

GGG ain't fought nobody since he got a and draw and lost to Canelo so race ain't really playing factor in the shit he is on. He just ain't fighting anybody. I will say this though about Canelo and GGG. GGG fought Danny Jacobs who has proven more in the ring than Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez. Canelo has fought Austin Trout, Danny Jacobs & Erislandy Lara. Again 3 black fighters who have all proven more in the ring than Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez.

I don't see why its so difficult to for Canelo to want the people calling him out to actually fight some quality fights as well. Canelo saying they should fight each other ain't no different to me than what Errol Spence said when told Crawford that "I'm doing all the heavy lifting". Basically he told Crawford to fight some good fighters instead fighting cans until you get a fight with him. That is fair statement from Spence and Canelo IMO.

Damn near all fighters have to go to the back of the line when they lose. So the fighter who losses should do exactly what Lubin has done since he lost. Lubin worked his way back up to a mandatory position and on his way to doing that he is actually picking off all the other fighters that Charlo could use to not fight him. Basically he making himself Charlo's only viable option. That is what fighters used to do and should still be doing.

Last edited:
The bold is the only thing that matter cause that was the whole point of any of this.

I'll reply to the rest just cause. I agree that happens with some black fighters. Lets see if you have that same energy for black fighters and promoters doing that same thing to other black fighters. Haymon did that exact same thing to Gary Russell Jr by keeping him out of that circle of fights between Leon Santa Cruz, Carl Frampton and Abner Mares. 154 Charlo is trying to do that to Erickson Lubin right now.

GGG ain't fought nobody since he got a and draw and lost to Canelo so race ain't really playing factor in the shit he is on. He just ain't fighting anybody. I will say this though about Canelo and GGG. GGG fought Danny Jacobs who has proven more in the ring than Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez. Canelo has fought Austin Trout, Danny Jacobs & Erislandy Lara. Again 3 black fighters who have all proven more in the ring than Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez.

I don't see why its so difficult to for Canelo to want the people calling him out to actually fight some quality fights as well. Canelo saying they should fight each other ain't no different to me than what Errol Spence said when told Crawford that "I'm doing all the heavy lifting". Basically he told Crawford to fight some good fighters instead fighting cans until you get a fight with him. That is fair statement from Spence and Canelo IMO.

Damn near all fighters have to go to the back of the line when they lose. So the fighter who losses should do exactly what Lubin has done since he lost. Lubin worked his way back up to a mandatory position and on his way to doing that he is actually picking off all the other fighters that Charlo could use to not fight him. Basically he making himself Charlo's only viable option. That is what fighters used to do and should still be doing.
👏🏾👏🏾

GGG has fought three times since losing to Saul. He has had chances to face Andrade and Charlo and he hasn’t. So saying race plays no factor? He’s about to face Ryota Murata In April.

Saul is a dude who knows he has guys who are tough opponents wanting to face him, there should be no issue with him facing Andrade, when he faced Yldrim and Amir Khan. The whole quality fights argument goes out the window when you see that Amir couldn’t handle Junior Welterweight power or lightweight power.

Austin isn’t better than Andrade or Charlo.
Lara was a great great great win. A fight he didn’t have to take. So I give him credit, but that was what? Seven years ago?

The issue with the Errol x Crawford argument is that Terence knew like everybody knew that top rank wasnt going to budge. Bob has alway done business like that. All the welterweight talent at one point was on PBC, so why resign with someone who doesn’t wanna work with Al? Canelo choosing to face soft touches again, I have no issue with showcase fights, but if you faced Billy who ducked Andrade twice, Khan and called for the Yldrim fight? I can’t see why he’s acting like Andrade who was his mandatory and the man who held the belt when he wanted to be undisputed can’t get a match.

After I saw Roman get knocked out a few years back??? I am shocked he still fights. That looked so career ending and brutal.

Back