Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rigo was the one that challenged and goaded Loma into the fight, not the other way around and ROC Nation also insisted on a same day check weigh in on the morning of the fight, so Loma couldnt rehydrate until hours before the fight... Both fighters were under 130ib at the weigh in, Loma put on 7ib after rehydrating and Rigo 2ib...

Im not disputing Rigo went up in weight to fight Loma but its not like there was a huge hight and weight disparity and Loma won by frustrating Rigo into quitting on his stall, not by KO'ing him... Thats what makes the win so great, he frustrated one of the best technicians into quitting...

If you dont see this as a GOAT win, then you can dispute plenty of Floyd, Canelo, ODLH, SRL wins (and so on throughout history)...

Loma is now the one fighting guys at weights he has no business being at....

And that was a mistake by Rigo. He is a bantamweight fighting a lightweight and he didn't gradually move up weight class like he should of.

SMH @ GOAT win. Nah, I ain't buying it. Y'all throw around the term GOAT liberally. Why he ain't trying to fight Haney? Hell even fight Stevenson? Please explain to me the plenty of Floyd fights that can be disputed?

And that was a mistake by Rigo. He is a bantamweight fighting a lightweight and he didn't gradually move up weight class like he should of.

SMH @ GOAT win. Nah, I ain't buying it. Y'all throw around the term GOAT liberally. Why he ain't trying to fight Haney? Hell even fight Stevenson? Please explain to me the plenty of Floyd fights that can be disputed?
What?

Because Stevenson isnt in the same weight division, he is a super feather who has been fighting at featherweight and Loma has been a lightweight champion for the last 3/4 years... Stevenson has only just really fought a recognised name (at super feather) that casual fans have even heard of...

Though Loma and Stevenson have sparred in the past and Loma said if Stevenson went up to 135 he would fight him...

TBF Haney will probably fight Kambosos next, Tank wont leave PBC so I reckon Loma will end up fighting Lopez or Stevenson next... Then winner of Haney/Kambosos and Loma/Stevenson/Lopez will probably fight eachother for the undisputed belts...

With Floyd, the name that instantly stands out is him dragging Marquez up from 135ib to the 144 catch weight then deliberately coming in 2ib over willing and taking the $600,000 fine... Marquez weighed in at 142 and most people believe by fight night Floyd was close to 160ib which he typically weighed on fight nights, so thats nearly 20ib heavier than Marquez... Though its nothing new in boxing and the Rigo/Loma fight was nowhere near this level of weight and size shenanigans...

Last edited:
Back