Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-admits-miller-povetkin-more-likely-next-fight--127117

Joshua Admits Miller or Povetkin Are More Likely For Next Fight

Anthony Joshua considers American Jarrell Miller or Alexander Povetkin of Russia his likeliest next challenger.

The IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO heavyweight champion's management have made an offer to Deontay Wilder, who holds the WBC title, for what would be the world's richest and most significant fight, but Joshua is not convinced of his interest.

Those working with Wilder most recently spoke of making a counter offer because of their dissatisfaction at the one made to them, which has contributed to Joshua's pessimism.

It is understood a fight with Miller, in New York on August 25, is one potential alternative, while the WBA recently demanded he make a mandatory defence against Povetkin.

Miller also first needs to defeat Johann Duhaupas on April 28, but asked whom he was most likely to fight next, Joshua said: 'Miller or Povetkin. If I was to list which (negotiations) would be easiest I'd put them at the start.

'Miller's more serious. Miller would definitely step up to the challenge. When these guys haven't got much to lose they're more serious, they know they've got everything to gain.

'Miller's a bit more serious because it seems he hasn't got as much to lose, he'll jump at the opportunity. If Wilder was as serious as he says he is he would jump at the opportunity.

'I haven't heard from the president of the WBA, but that's a conversation to be had. If there was a situation where Wilder accepted the challenge and it was something he was looking to do this year, it would be a conversation with the WBA, to see how we could hopefully postpone Povetkin until 2019. I didn't work this hard to give things away.

'Wilder's had 40 fights. The fans and broadcasters are fed up so he has to make a move. That fight will happen sometime.

'My career isn't based around Wilder - that's what's clear about it.'

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-tabs-deontay-wilder-division-leader-very-beatable--127111

Fury Tabs Deontay Wilder as Division Leader - But "Very Beatable"

Tyson Fury will fight for the first time in nearly three years when he returns to the ring in Manchester Arena on June 9.

The former world heavyweight champion, who has signed with promoter Frank Warren to launch his comeback, is yet to reveal an opponent for the bout. Fury has been preparing to return since January after his suspension on his boxing licence was lifted by British Boxing Board of Control.

The 29-year-old last fought in November 2015 when he outpointed Wladimir Klitschko to win the IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO titles

Fury’s long lay-off included a backdated two-year ban from UK Anti-Doping in December after he was charged with testing positive for a “prohibited substance” in June 2016.

Since returning to the gym earlier this year, the orthodox fighter says he has been “working very, very hard, seven days a week” with new trainer Ben Davison in a bid to build up fitness after Fury piled on weight during his three year absence.

Fury has dismissed the theory he may have been frustrated to be away from boxing while Anthony Joshua has stepped into the spotlight and claimed the WBA, IBF, IBO and WBO belts.

At a press conference in London on Thursday, Fury said: “I’ve got to congratulate the fella, he’s done very well. I hope he makes 10 times more money than he’s already got. It’s not been frustrating at all.”

“I can’t wait to get in there and prove I am the best even after all this time out.”

Fury also admitted that he believes Deontay Wilder is “top of the pile” of the current crop of heavyweights but insisted “they’re all very vulnerable and very beatable too”.

He sensationally quipped that he could come back, take on a unified champion, land all the heavyweight belts and retire – but a world title fight is clearly some way off.

Promoter Warren suggested Fury would need “three or four fights” before being ready to take on the best in the business.

“He’s going to be busy. He needs to get some rounds under his belt,” Warren said.

“He needs to get himself fighting fit. He’s fit but he needs to be fighting fit.”

Warren also stressed that it will be Fury who will determine the pace of his return.

“The agenda will be Tyson’s agenda.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/russell-diaz-headed-maryland-not-montreal-on-19--127140

Report: Russell-Diaz Headed to Maryland, Not Montreal, on May 19
By Keith Idec

The featherweight title fight between Gary Russell Jr. and Joseph Diaz Jr. is still on for May 19.

It is not, however, headed to Montreal, as previously reported. According to an ESPN.com story Friday, Russell will make a mandatory defense of his WBC 126-pound championship against Diaz at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C.

Russell is a native of nearby Capitol Heights, Maryland, and made the last defense of his title at MGM National Harbor nearly 11 months ago. Ringtv.com reported Tuesday that Russell-Diaz would take place May 19 at Bell Centre in Montreal, on the undercard of the Adonis Stevenson-Badou Jack light heavyweight title fight.

Instead, it appears as if Russell-Diaz will headline its own card and open Showtime’s split-site doubleheader. The site for the Stevenson-Jack fight hasn’t been officially announced because Yvon Michel, Stevenson’s promoter, is negotiating an agreement with Eleider Alvarez, the mandatory challenger for Stevenson’s WBC light heavyweight title, to allow the Stevenson-Jack fight to happen May 19.

The Colombian-born, Quebec-based Alvarez (23-0, 11 KOs) has been the No. 1 challenger for Stevenson’s title since November 2015. Sweden’s Jack (22-1-2, 13 KOs), a former super middleweight and light heavyweight champ, is an optional opponent for Quebec’s Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs).

As for the 29-year-old Russell (28-1, 17 KOs), he’ll fight for the first time since stopping Colombia’s Oscar Escandon (25-3, 17 KOs) in the seventh round May 20 at MGM National Harbor. The 2008 Olympian has boxed only twice since he beat Mexico’s Jhonny Gonzalez (65-10, 54 KOs) by fourth-round technical knockout to win the WBC featherweight title in March 2015.

The 25-year-old Diaz (26-0, 14 KOs), a 2012 Olympian from Downey, California, knocked out Mexican veteran Victor Terrazas (38-5-2, 21 KOs) in the third round of his most recent fight, February 22 in Indio, California.

https://www.boxingscene.com/ggg-promoter-many-reasons-martirosyan-makes-sense-5--127115

GGG Promoter: Many Reasons Martirosyan 'Makes Sense' for May 5
By Keith Idec

Gennady Golovkin’s promoter acknowledged Thursday that he has had serious discussions regarding Golovkin facing Vanes Martirosyan on May 5.

Tom Loeffler, Golovkin and trainer Abel Sanchez had hoped to announce Golovkin’s upcoming opponent during a hastily arranged, informal press conference in Los Angeles. Loeffler was unable, however, to finalize an agreement with a replacement for the temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez in time to do that.

That left Loeffler to acknowledge Thursday that it could take until the middle of next week to either announce Golovkin’s opponent for May 5 or cancel a fight that likely would take place at StubHub Center in Carson, California. Loeffler probably would’ve been able to announce Golovkin’s upcoming opponent, but the unbeaten middleweight champion’s IBF mandatory predicament still hasn’t been resolved.

Sergiy Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs), the mandatory challenger for Golovkin’s IBF 160-pound championship, wants to replace Alvarez as Golovkin’s opponent. Unless Loeffler can come to an agreement with Lou DiBella, Derveyanchenko’s promoter, that would allow Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) to fight someone other than the unbeaten Ukrainian, Golovkin would get stripped of his IBF title.

Kazakhstan’s Golovkin doesn’t want to lose that title, which is among the reasons Thursday’s gathering amounted to much ado about nothing. Several media outlets reported Thursday that Loeffler was prepared to name Martirosyan as Golovkin’s optional opponent for May 5, but that plan changed once he couldn’t come to an agreement with DiBella and the IBF.

“Vanes has expressed interest,” Loeffler said. “He is training. He is local in L.A., so for a number of reasons he would make sense. But there are – trust me, I’ve been in contact with so many people – there are other people that are interested. Like I said, I’ve been in contact with Lou and we’ll see what we can work out to make the best of this situation.”

The 31-year-old Martirosyan isn’t ranked at middleweight by any of boxing’s recognized sanctioning organizations.

The Glendale, California, native is a longtime junior middleweight contender, however, and has not been knocked out during his 13-year pro career. Martirosyan (36-3-1, 21 KOs) has not fought since May 2016, though, and lost his last bout by unanimous decision to former WBA/IBO super welterweight champ Erislandy Lara.

Another delay Thursday leaves Loeffler with barely three weeks remaining before a fight Golovkin is adamant about taking May 5.

Alvarez officially withdrew from their lucrative middleweight championship rematch April 3 because his handlers were advised that the Nevada State Athletic Commission wouldn’t have allowed him to fight Golovkin on May 5 when the temporarily suspended Alvarez appears before the NSAC next week.

The NSAC is expected to extend Alvarez’s suspension Wednesday because he failed two performance-enhancing drug tests in February. Alvarez has blamed contaminated meat for testing positive for clenbuterol, a banned substance, on February 17 and February 20.

Loeffler also stated Thursday that he wants that rematch to be rescheduled as soon as possible for Golovkin.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-if-ggg-fight-derevyanchenko-give-up-ibf-belt--127122

Loeffler: Golovkin, Derevyanchenko Must Be Paid More to Fight
By Keith Idec

More than 30 minutes into an impromptu press conference to announce nothing Thursday, a reporter posed an essential question to Gennady Golovkin’s promoter.

Tom Loeffler was asked, rather than dragging out the search for Canelo Alvarez’s replacement any longer, why doesn’t Golovkin just fight Sergiy Derevyanchenko on May 5? The unbeaten, unknown Ukrainian is the mandatory challenger for Golovkin’s IBF middleweight title and the primary reason Loeffler hasn’t been able to announce an opponent for Golovkin’s upcoming fight, tentatively scheduled for three weeks from Saturday night.

Derevyanchenko wants the title shot he is owed May 5. Lou DiBella, Derevyanchenko’s promoter, has petitioned the IBF to strip Golovkin if the Kazakh knockout artist fights anyone other than Derevyanchenko that night.

Loeffler explained Thursday in Los Angeles that there’s not enough money in the license fee HBO has agreed to pay to televise Golovkin’s May 5 fight to make it worthwhile for Golovkin or Derevyanchenko to fight each other on three weeks’ notice. Loeffler didn’t mention how much money HBO paid to air Golovkin’s return May 5, but multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that approximately $1 million will be paid to help cover the purses of Golovkin and his opponent.

“It’s a pretty simple answer, and I don’t really wanna get into the discussions [I’ve had] with Lou,” Loeffler said. “But we feel, under a reduced television fee, under a condensed schedule for marketing a fight, not only would it be disadvantageous for a mandatory [challenger], but also for Triple-G. I mean, Triple-G sells out the biggest arenas in the world, and if we have a proper time to promote and market a fight, nobody does it better than we do with the Triple-G fights. You know, when you can sell out Madison Square Garden twice, with a David Lemieux, with a Danny Jacobs, Derevyanchenko would be a huge fight in Madison Square Garden. So why would you want to shortchange the mandatory challenger and the champion, the unified champion, squeezing a situation like that?”

The 32-year-old Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs) is considered a high-risk, low-reward proposition for Golovkin, particularly with an eight-figure purse for an Alvarez rematch at stake against whoever Golovkin fights next. Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) doesn’t want to give up any of his four titles, though, which is the primary reason he still doesn’t have an opponent so close to the night he’s supposed to fight.

“I think Derevyanchenko has gotten more publicity over the last week or 10 days than he has ever in his career, just being linked as Triple-G’s mandatory,” Loeffler said. “So if there’s a way to build a fight like that, that makes sense for both sides, that would be the most prudent way to do it, instead of forcing both guys to take extremely short [amounts] on their financial side to rush a fight like this, when a fight can actually be built into another big fight.

“It’s not a knock on Derevyanchenko. And we believe Gennady can beat whether it’s Derevyanchenko, whether it’s [Jermall] Charlo. Out of all those mandatories, I would say Danny Jacobs was one of the toughest fights that could be made for Gennady. And Gennady never blinked about making his WBA mandatory defense against Danny Jacobs, and Danny really rose to the occasion for that fight.”

Loeffler also addressed those criticizing Golovkin because they feel he is avoiding Derevyanchenko.

“I don’t think anyone can accuse Triple-G of not fighting the best guys in the middleweight division,” Loeffler said. “And if a Derevyanchenko fight should be made, I think it needs to be made properly, with the right type of promotion, the right type of planning, so that both guys on each side can get paid and compensated properly.”

Meanwhile, longtime junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan (36-3-1, 21 KOs) has emerged as the favorite on an ever-changing list of possible replacements for Alvarez. Loeffler acknowledged during Thursday’s gathering that Martirosyan is a viable option to fight Golovkin on May 5, probably at StubHub Center in Carson, California.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-if-ggg-fight-derevyanchenko-give-up-ibf-belt--127122

DiBella: If GGG Won't Fight Derevyanchenko, Must Give Up IBF Belt
By Keith Idec

As a fellow promoter, Lou DiBella understands Tom Loeffler’s predicament.

Gennady Golovkin wants to fight May 5 and Loeffler is trying his best to accommodate the unbeaten middleweight champion. At the same time, business is business.

It’s DiBella’s job to protect the interests of the unbeaten contender he promotes, Sergiy Derevyanchenko. Ukraine’s Derveyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs), the mandatory challenger for Golovkin’s IBF title, wants his title shot May 5 if Golovkin indeed fights that night.

From DiBella’s perspective, if Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) wants to simply keep busy against an opponent less dangerous than Derevyanchenko because he doesn’t want to jeopardize an eight-figure purse for his rematch against Canelo Alvarez, well, that’s Golovkin’s problem.

“It’s a hard, hard fight for Golovkin,” DiBella told BoxingScene.com, referring to Derevyanchenko. “And I’m not even ripping them apart for this. You haven’t heard me say a bad word about Triple-G. You don’t hear me downing Tom. You don’t hear me downing Triple-G.

“I respect them and I understand they’re in a jam, but do the right thing and give up your belt. If you don’t wanna fight [Derevyanchenko], it’s OK. Just give up the belt. You’ve got two or three others. You can’t have it both ways.”

Golovkin seemingly wants to fight junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan (36-3-1, 21 KOs), the latest atop a long list of potential replacements for temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez, and keep his IBF title. Loeffler said Thursday that there isn’t an enough money available from HBO’s license fee for May 5 to properly compensate Golovkin or Derevyanchenko for such a difficult fight on short notice.

Regardless, DiBella and Keith Connolly, Derevyanchenko’s manager, want their fighter to get his title shot May 5. If not, they’re certain that the IBF should strip Golovkin of its 160-pound championship, so that the No. 1-rated Derevyanchenko can at least fight someone else for it.

“Derevyanchenko has instructed me to do whatever needs to be done to protect his rights and to secure his IBF title shot immediately,” Connolly said. “Golovkin is looking for a fight, presumably May 5th, and Sergiy is willing and able to fight. I’m puzzled why Golovkin is saying he can’t find an opponent, when he knows he can easily set up a fight with us and get his mandatory out of the way.”

Connolly added that Derevyanchenko isn’t interested in taking step-aside money because, more than anything, the 2008 Olympian wants the world title shot he is owed.

“There is no way Golovkin’s next fight can be against Canelo or anyone except Sergiy without being stripped of the IBF belt,” Connolly said. “I have the utmost respect for Golovkin, but Sergiy has earned his shot, so we will protect his legal rights.”

It's bein reported that 2 women tried ta extort 2million from de la hoya.... their clamin they have "damagin" photos

It cant get much more damaging then the photo that leaked years back lol Isnt this 'just' a video of two women performing sexual acts on him with kitchen utensils??? It might put people off eating for a while, but at least dude isnt dressed as tranny in fckn lingerie lol...

It cant get much more damaging then the photo that leaked years back lol Isnt this 'just' a video of two women performing sexual acts on him with kitchen utensils??? It might put people off eating for a while, but at least dude isnt dressed as tranny in fckn lingerie lol...
Sexual acts wit kitchen utensils??? I just lost all respect fa him

Back