Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Nah, that nigga's juicin. The last time he got caught he said it was cuz of the beef he ate lol foh nigga

This Canelo on the juice....in the 1st fight he hit GGG w the hardest shot he prolly ever threw and GGG ate that shit and kept coming forward.....homie knew he needed something more

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-showtime-frontrunner-secure-anthony-joshua--126601

Hearn: Showtime is Frontrunner To Secure Anthony Joshua, But...
By Radio Rahim

This coming Saturday night, Showtime will televise the sixth fight involving IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs).

Showtime signed a multi-fight deal with Joshua in the aftermath of his big IBF world title win over Charles Martin in early 2016.

But the upcoming contest, a unification with WBO world champion Joseph Parker on March 31 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, will be Joshua's final bout as part of his deal with Showtime.

There is a growing rumor from within the boxing industry, that Joshua will jump ship to rival network HBO.

Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom, has been doing more and more business with HBO - and showcasing more and more of his fighters on their airwaves - like this past weekend's contest involving heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte.

As far as a U.S. broadcast partner, Hearn makes it clear that Showtime is without question the frontrunner to do future business with Joshua.

However, Hearn also indicates that there will be conversations with other parties - one of them surely being HBO.

"One thing that we're big on, that Anthony is big on, is loyalty... people that have backed us for a number of fights. This is our sixth fight on Showtime, the Parker fight. They backed us after the Charles Martin fight, where there was interest in Anthony Joshua - but nobody was really willing to put their hand in their pocket other than Showtime. They showed real bucks, they done it," Hearn said to BoxingScene.com.

"That means, before any negotiations start - [Showtime is] up here. They get first crack as far as I'm concerned. And I know there's rumors of 'Hearn is working with HBO' - I'm working with everybody. [Whyte-Browne] is on HBO, [Joshua-Parker] is on Showtime, two weeks ago I was at fight in LA on ESPN, there will be another announcement on the U.S. broadcaster for the Amir Khan fight, there will be another announcement on a Matchroom date with a U.S. broadcaster very soon. It's business, it's not ego.

"So when the question is asked - 'who will Joshua resign with, as a U.S. TV partner?' - And the answer is - whoever he wants to. And its not just about the deal and the financials... its about the vision, its about the journey, its about the profile, its about ideas and what you are going to do for the Anthony Joshua brand. It's not about this one has given you $3 million and that one has given you $4 million - it doesn't work like that with Anthony. It's about a plan and taking the brand forward and about taking the journey forward to become undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

"Showtime, as far as I'm concerned, they have first dibs. They backed Anthony Joshua from day 1. Are we going to talk to other people? Of course, we'd be mad not to. But as far as I'm concerned, they are the frontrunners because they have invested from day 1."

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-wants-sign-wilder-i-probably-pay-him-double--126653

Hearn Wants To Sign Wilder: I Can Probably Pay Him Double!
By Chris McKenna, courtesy of The Daily Star

EDDIE HEARN wants to sign Deontay Wilder to his Matchroom stable to help clear the path for a £100m fight with Anthony Joshua.

The Essex-based promoter has already started to put on shows in America and now he is looking to land their big-name heavyweight.

But the move would also help negotiations for a fight between WBA, IBO and IBF champion Joshua and the WBC titleholder.

While Hearn could also get the American to face Dillian Whyte first to help build a future Las Vegas showdown between Joshua and Wilder.

He said: “I think that’s a real possibility. If I was Deontay Wilder, how could I not think that signing with us was a good idea?

“I could pay him probably double his highest ever purse to face Whyte and then I could set up the Joshua fight very easily. Why wouldn’t you do that?”

Joshua could pocket around £35m for a clash with Wilder in Las Vegas in a fight Hearn reckons would eclipse Lennox Lewis’ mammoth meeting with Mike Tyson in 2002.

Hearn says they are not a “million miles” away from doing a deal for the Joshua fight next anyways but he is furious with Wilder for not travelling to Cardiff this weekend.

Wilder has decided not to come after the British Boxing Board of Control blocked him from getting in the ring after Joshua’s clash with WBO champion Parker.

The BBBofC do not want Saturday night’s fight in Cardiff to be overshadowed by ugly scenes in the aftermath, especially after the recent death of Scott Westgarth in the ring.

Hearn still wanted Wilder ringside to work for Sky Sports to help build their potential fight further.

But the American said: “Eddie Hearn is scared. I see it in his mannerisms whenever I’m bought up. I’ve been calling him out for years, they don’t want it.

“I love proving people wrong and I’ll do it time and time again. Us Americans chose our own path, I do what I want to do.

“I’m too athletic, I’m too hostile, I punch too hard. No other Heavyweight has the agility I have. I move like a middleweight.

“I’m very confident in what I do in the ring. There’s no man that I have stood in front of that I haven’t knocked out.

“I am the one that ends all of their plans. I’m too dangerous for them. He needs to step up and make this fight happen.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/espinoza-joshua-wilder-significantly-easier-if-both-with-sho--126660

Espinoza: Joshua-Wilder 'Significantly Easier' To Do if Both With SHO

By Steve Kim

It's not clear when heavyweight titans Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) and Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) will clash.

For the time being, both are circling one another but this is among the biggest bouts - literally and figuratively - that can be made in all of boxing.

Joshua, the IBF, IBO, WBA word heavyweight champion, attempts to unify his belt against WBO champion, Joseph Parker this Saturday at the Principlaity Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Showtime.

Wilder is one of the few fighters in recent years to have never competed on HBO's airwaves, and still generates ratings of over 1 million viewers on Showtime.

Stephen Espinoza, the head of Showtime Sports, makes it clear that having both Joshua and Wilder under the Showtime banner expedites the process of bringing these two heavyweights into the ring together.

"It makes it significantly easier and from our perspective we at Showtime have built this fight," said Espinoza to BoxingScene.com.

"Anthony has only been seen in the United States on Showtime and Wilder, our next fight will be our 11th fight with Wilder and he's been seen on a couple of other platforms but the majority of his recent career has been on Showtime.

"So the excitement, energy and enthusiasm has largely been the result, certainly on their great performances, but also our investment into their careers and bringing them to the U.S. audience. For that reason it should be a Showtime pay-per-view. We've brought this to fruition and we deserve the opportunity to deliver completely."

This upcoming bout involving Joshua is the last of the multi-fight agreement between Matchroom Sports (which represents Joshua) and Showtime. There is rampant speculation that HBO will be making a play for the services of the 2012 Olympic gold medalist - who is among the most popular fighters in the game. But Showtime will certainly not go down without a fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-joshua-extra-security-ready-restraining-order-too--126693

Wilder: Joshua Had Extra Security Ready, Restraining Order Too!

Anthony Joshua heads into his bout against rival world heavyweight champion Joseph Parker in Cardiff on Saturday with Deontay Wilder lying in wait – but the Briton insists he is not looking beyond this fight.

Joshua is putting his International Boxing Federation, International Boxing Organization and World Boxing Association titles on the line against World Boxing Organisation champion Parker in front of an expected 78,000 sell-out crowd at the Principality Stadium.

It will be the first time two undefeated heavyweight champions have met in a title fight in the United Kingdom, with the British Olympic gold medallist boasting a professional record of 20 wins, including 20 knockouts, from as many contests.

New Zealander Parker has stopped 18 of his opponents inside the distance during an unbeaten 24-fight career.

But next in line for the winner is Deontay Wilder, who holds the World Boxing Council version of the heavyweight title.

Wilder was scheduled to be ringside as part of the Sky Sports broadcast team - until Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn rejected Wilder's request to enter the ring in the aftermath to go face to face with Joshua.

"I'm not making the trip now. I was looking forward to it," Wilder said during an interview with Good Morning Football.

"Sky Sports hired me to come over and I said I'd come on one condition: If AJ wins then I would get in front of the ring, size him up and tell him I wanted to knock him out.

"Sky Sports told me they could make it happen. They said it wouldn't be problem then a couple of days later I get a phone call from my manager saying it's not going to be possible. And I said I couldn't come if it wasn't possible.

"They said AJ didn't want it to happen and had hired extra security, I even heard something about a restraining order!

"Joshua didn't want to hype the fight. But this is one of the biggest heavyweight title fights in history."

See the video, what I took from it: Eddie Hearn had arranged for Wilder to be ringside, Wilder wanted it scripted for him to enter the ring after, Hearn said no we not scripting it, its Joshua's night (speaking as joshua's promoter), BUT we want you ringside to boost your profile over here (wether it be Whyte or Joshua v Wilder) and you will prolly enter the ring anyways!!! But we arnt scripting it like WWE...

:shrug3:

Starts at 4.40

Fuck what he talking about bro

Wilder been HW champ far longer, done proven his self far more times

Hearn trying to run the show. Wilder got a strong team. He don’t have to play pawn. Hearn don’t dictate to him who to fight to get Joshua. Hearn has all but sent out a press release saying Wilder ain’t gettting that fight this year. So why go over there? The UK fans know who Wilder is. The only place to build that fight is over here

Wilder is calling out AJ, and you think Wilder has proved himself more???

And bro, you do realise AJ is selling out 90,000 stadiums and doing mad PPV's??? Wilder can dream of them numbers... This fight was a chance for Wilder make a fuss in front of 80,000 people in the UK, not to mention all the people watching on PPV across the world...

AJ is on David Beckham, Ronaldo, Lebron status, he transcends sport now... Even little old ladies know who he is, he cant walk down the street without being mobbed, it made me laugh I think it was Hearn who said, he *hearn* was in NY and asked a random person in the street do you know who this guy is *pointing at wilder* and she said something like 'oh no sorry dear I have no idea'...

You do know that if you ask most boxing journalist that the UK have the most passionate boxing fans, its simple PR and brand promotions... If/when AJ fights Wilder in America, Im almost certain the UK fans will out sing and number Wilder's by the 1000's...

Dana White apparently made a $500mill offer to AJ, why didnt he offer it to his American compatriot Wilder???

Last edited:
Back