Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
That never happened.

I'm also sure that Spence and his team as well as the folks at PBC have seen that fans don't want that fight right now. Probably just one of the reasons Spence tweeted that him and Porter could run it back. Spence don't give a fuck about that shit with Danny that's why he said "my my my how the tables have turned" when Danny got in the ring. Spence going to make Danny wait IMO just like Danny did to him. Danny is a last option for Spence right now IMO.

They pretty much did though, just look on any boxing website (not forum) and its full by the Spence/Danny talk... The negative reactions prolly the only reason why it hasnt been officially announced... Why would PBC or whoever have a 'rival' fighter in the same promotional banner come stand next to the victor after the fight??? Its the classic set up to build a fight these days...

Hence why people are even talking about it now... What was the point of Danny even getting into the ring and talking next to Spence if it wasnt to test the waters for a fight???

What I was getting at anyway was seeing Danny up there and even be suggested as a next opponent was deflating after watching a great fight... Everyone wants to see a unification fight with Crawford next not Garcia...

They pretty much did though, just look on any boxing website (not forum) and its full by the Spence/Danny talk... The negative reactions prolly the only reason why it hasnt been officially announced... Why would PBC or whoever have a 'rival' fighter in the same promotional banner come stand next to the victor after the fight??? Its the classic set up to build a fight these days...

Hence why people are even talking about it now... What was the point of Danny even getting into the ring and talking next to Spence if it wasnt to test the waters for a fight???

What I was getting at anyway was seeing Danny up there and even be suggested as a next opponent was deflating after watching a great fight... Everyone wants to see a unification fight with Crawford next not Garcia...

Plenty of fighters have gotten in the ring and said I want to fight you next and that fight didn't happen next. What happened between Spence and Garcia wasn't an announcement.

Shit Manny got in the ring after the Spence vs Mikey Garcia fight with Spence telling Manny he wanted him next. We all see how that played out.

I'll give you it could've been a temperature check and that shit ain't go well at all.

We both glad that shit ain't go well. You right it would be a big ass let down if Spence did pursue other fights before settling to fight Danny Garcia.

Boxing fans are fickle as fuck.

And it's always been clear that Arum influences the media. It's always a top rank fighter that's magically p4p #1 when the resumes don't really add up...

And it's always non top rank fighters that get slammed by the media.....

More of the same

Boxing fans are fickle as fuck.

And it's always been clear that Arum influences the media. It's always a top rank fighter that's magically p4p #1 when the resumes don't really add up...

And it's always non top rank fighters that get slammed by the media.....

More of the same

De La Hoya Sued By Former Golden Boy Announcer "Tattoo"

A former Golden Boy Promotions employee has filed a lawsuit against Oscar De La Hoya.

According to a story broken by TMZ on Thursday afternoon, a lawsuit filed on behalf of David “Tattoo” Gonzalez states that De La Hoya called him at inappropriate hours to help him when the retired boxing star-turned-promoter was “highly intoxicated.” Gonzalez, a radio personality in Los Angeles, was hired by Golden Boy Promotions in 2010 to perform promotional work, mostly announcing and engaging fans at weigh-ins, fights and other events related to boxing cards.

Gonzalez quit working for De La Hoya’s promotional company last year.

The lawsuit states that De La Hoya often contacted Gonzalez “at all hours of the night, in need of help from various compromising situations and, in most cases, assisting De La Hoya out of life-threatening situations while he was highly intoxicated and under the influence of various substances.” Gonzalez has sued for damages for pain and suffering, as well compensation for unpaid overtime and other work.

According to Gonzalez, his situation grew worse when he informed Golden Boy Promotions that he wouldn’t be able to work an event due to serious injuries he suffered in an accident. Gonzalez claims he was told he would be fired if he didn’t show up.

Gonzalez says he attended that fight week, but later needed time off to recover from his injuries. He contends Golden Boy forced him to quit thereafter, and he since has suffered “severe emotional distress.”

De La Hoya could not be reached for comment Thursday.

De La Hoya, 46, retired following his technical-knockout loss to Manny Pacquiao in December 2008. The six-division champion founded Golden Boy Promotions in 2002, and it quickly became one of the sport’s most prominent promoters.

The 1992 Olympic gold medalist admitted in the past that he has abused alcohol and cocaine. He has sought treatment for substance abuse multiple times, including a stint that caused him to miss Canelo Alvarez’s fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in September 2013.

Wilder on Fury Ticket Sales: Now We Know I Sold The PPV!

WBC heavyweight world champion Deontay Wilder believes there is no doubt that he's the bigger name when compared to his division rival, Tyson Fury.

Wilder and Fury fought to a controversial twelve round split draw in December 2018, and a rematch is scheduled to take place in February of 2020.

Since then, Fury has gone on a conquest of America and fought twice in Las Vegas.

Last month, Fury won a bloody twelve round decision over Otto Wallin at the T-Mobile Arena.

But Wilder rolled his eyes when it was revealed that Fury had only sold a bit over 3,500 tickets for the fight, with 3,898 complimentary tickets being issues.

"Now we know who sold all the pay-per-views [for the first fight]. This bro only sold 3,500 tickets. November 23rd will prove that even more," Wilder said.

Wilder is back in Las Vegas, at the MGM Grand, when he faces Luis Ortiz in a rematch on November 23rd.

Wilder also denied all talk that Fury was the rightful winner of their first bout. He felt the commentating team on Showtime, who handled the pay-per-view of the first round, was being too biased - especially former two division world champion Paulie Malignaggi.

During the fight, Wilder scored two knockdowns - with Fury going down in the ninth and then again in the twelfth and final round.

"I beat Fury. The first four rounds is me easy, the fifth round is also. The only way people move that narrative like that [is] because of the commentary, the commentaries of Showtime, Paulie Malignaggi, all of them, especially Paulie. I won the first four rounds easily," Wilder said.

Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Spence-Porter probably will have produced approximately 275,000 buys, based on initial projections from cable and satellite operators. Spence’s first FOX Sports Pay-Per-View appearance – a unanimous-decision defeat of Mikey Garcia on March 16 – reportedly generated about 330,000 buys.

Back