Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test

Habazin Erupts: Clarissa Shields and Her Team Are Classless!

Ivana Habazin has hit back at Claressa Shields, after the multi-division champ took some shots at her in the aftermath of Friday's fight cancelation.

Shields was supposed to fight Habazin on Saturday night, but that bout was called off after Habazin’s trainer, James Ali Bashir, was hospitalized following Friday’s incident where he was punched by a man who then fled the scene at the Dort Federal Event Center. The remainder of the card will continue forward, with Showtime carrying a doubleheader.

The two fighters were scheduled to collide for the vacant WBO, WBC junior middleweight titles. Shields, who captured belts at 168 and unified the middleweight division, was looking to become a three division world champion.

Bashir was involved in a verbal back and forth with Shields' sister - which then led to someone else knocking him unconscious with a sucker-puncher. Bashir required emergency surgery for injuries to his face.

The Shields-Habazin fight was initially scheduled for August 17, but it had to be postponed because of an injury to Shields.

After Friday's unfortunate incident, Habazin lashed out in Shields' direction.

"With deep regret my trainer James Ali Bashir was punched in the back of his neck by someone in Shields entourage. Bashir was taken to a local hospital and has now been moved to Henry Ford Hospital because delicate facial reconstruction surgery must be performed. I want to say that security was nowhere to be found.
Club shows are run better than this organization," Habazin said in a statement to BoxingScene.com.

"Clarissa has a big mouth and the people around her like Clarissa are always looking for trouble. Clarissa and her team are classless. During the pre weigh-in my coach wanted to look at Clarissa’s weight and her sister and Bashir exchanged words. Her family and friends should have never been allowed on the stage.

"As we were leaving the area, someone from her camp attacked my coach and sucker punched him. Bashir hit the floor face first and was bleeding and unconscious. The attacker quickly ran out of the building. Right now it’s about 10 PM and I’m in still in the hospital. My immediate concern is to look after the well being of my coach. I think most people with a heart would do the same.

"We have been receiving threats and people are saying I am scared to fight because Clarissa is going to beat my ass. We don’t feel safe here. To Clarissa I have this message for you. You can run your filthy mouth all you want. When my trainer recovers it will be just you and me in the ring. I want to see how tough you are when the thugs you hang out with aren’t there to help you. You’re going to find out just how scared I am of a classless fighter like you. Our day will come Clarissa!"

I put 20 down to win 170 for GGG to win in the first three rounds I think it goes 4 to 5 but those odds couldn't resist

Back