Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
that dude Efe Ajagba is gonna be a problem.
DlaiY3JVAAAYsE5.jpg:large

if ortiz is a gatekeeper, then joyce needs that fight.. cuz if joyce can beat ortiz i'll be impressed and convinced....

Like I said Joyce has only just had his 7th fight, if you compare the current Champs after 7th fights he is progressing well... He is being fast tracked, so I think Ortiz with in the next 12months would be impressive... Ortiz is still dangerous but I cant see him getting anymore voluntary shots, he is high risk low reward now... In his prime I was screaming for him to his chance, he was by far the best HW in the division after Wlad and Vitali, would of prolly dealt with them too...

Aint no one gonna sell out vs Canelo.. GGG first fight he had Canelo on his bike.. its not a trash fight maybe a fight you dont care to see but thats it

GGG ain't going to sell out but never know what someone else might do until they put in that position.

It's a trash fight if one fighter ain't willing to do what it takes to give himself the best chance to win and everybody knows what its going to take before the fight even starts. WTF is the purpose for the fans? For GGG its the check he gets his money regardless. For me the fan its trash if he not willing to do what he gotta do and I already know it.

aint even no one at the gate..lol

Its the best time in the divisions since the 90s AJ, Wilder and Fury... Then at the gate, Dillian, Parker, Uysk now at HW are elite... Then Joyce, Gorman (he moves great for a HW), Miller coming up and the old heads like Chisora who has looked the best in years ruffling feathers tyring to get one more chance and Ortiz... Its great time for HW'S, Im sure you got some prospect in the US too...

ortiz is literally knocking on retirements door, if u think joyce needs 12 months he just ain't there....

But you guys were just saying Joyce aint ready lol the dude has had 7 pro fights!!! Look at all the GOATS resumes at 7 fights, Joyce is progressing fine, 12 months is, what 3 fights for him??? If he does Ortiz in his 10th fight Im fine with that... 12month Ortiz will not of REgressed that much, no difference from 100yrs old and 101yrs old...

id actually like to see him fight chisora

It would be a dope fight... One more thing with Joyce, other than Loma I cant think of a tougher debut for a fighter than what Joyce had with Ian Lewison... Then he had Lenroy Thomas in his 3rd or 4th fight, the dude deserves some slack imo...

GGG already 2-0 vs Canelo. Is he just going sit on the shelf in the meantime? Danny Jacobs about to present some new challenges for Canelo. Danny got more love from the boxing community than GGG, they might turn on Canelo if Danny go in there and get robbed

Fat boy really getting under Joshua skin. If Miller don’t pull a Charles Martin when he take the first clean shot, we going learn a lot about AJ

Who do you think he should fight?

I wouldn't mind Andrade or Charlo

It would be a dope fight... One more thing with Joyce, other than Loma I cant think of a tougher debut for a fighter than what Joyce had with Ian Lewison... Then he had Lenroy Thomas in his 3rd or 4th fight, the dude deserves some slack imo...
I'll check those fights out if I can find them

Andrade too risky.

I still think he’ll school Charlo but I’m not sure it’s worth it

I honestly have no idea. Division in a dry spot because nobody else mixing it up to elevate themselves to where GGG, Canelo, Jacobs are. They just wanna be given a shot

I agree with the bold 100%.

Haymon IMO would pay good money for Charlo vs GGG IMO.

I want the Andrade fight because he seems so skilled and I want to see those skills against better competition. Also Andrade talks a lot of shit and I feel if he beat GGG it would put him in a good position to possibly get the Canelo fight.

I would like to see Andrade vs Charlo as well. Too bad Andrade pulled out of that fight years ago because of the money. Not sure which twin he was supposed to fight but it was one of them.

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenko-crolla-official-april-12-staples-center-espn--136570

Lomachenko-Crolla Official For April 12, Staples Center, ESPN+

After thrilling Big Apple audiences in his last three bouts, Vasiliy “Loma” Lomachenko is ready to bring his lightweight world titles to the City of Angels.

Lomachenko, the pound-for-pound Picasso and the WBA and WBO lightweight world champion, will defend his titles against former lightweight world champion Anthony “Million Dollar” Crolla on Friday, April 12 at Staples Center. In the co-feature, longtime WBO super middleweight world champion Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez will make his light heavyweight debut against an opponent to be announced in a 10-rounder.

Lomachenko-Crolla and Ramirez's fight will stream live and exclusively in the United States beginning at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT on ESPN+ The entire undercard will also stream live on ESPN+ starting at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

https://www.boxingscene.com/de-gracia-ramirez-replace-cherry-nunez-on-sho-triple--136569

De Gracia-Ramirez Will Replace Cherry-Nunez on SHO Triple

Hard-hitting Bryan De Gracia will face once-beaten contender Eduardo Ramirez in a 12-round featherweight match live on SHOWTIME Saturday, March 2 from Barclays Center, the home of BROOKLYN BOXING™, and presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

De Gracia vs. Ramirez replaces the previously scheduled Ricardo Núñez vs. Edner Cherry match after Cherry was forced to withdraw due to a medical issue. The winner of De Garcia vs. Ramirez will capture the WBA Gold Featherweight Championship and be in line to face WBA (Regular) Featherweight World Champion Can Xu.

The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® tripleheader begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and is headlined by former world champion Erislandy Lara challenging undefeated WBA Super Welterweight Champion Brian Castaño and also features Cuban heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz battling Christian Hammer.

Tickets for the event, which is promoted by TGB Promotions in association with DiBella Entertainment, are on sale now and can be purchased at ticketmaster.com, barclayscenter.com, or by calling 800-745-3000. Tickets can also be purchased at the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center. Group discounts are available by calling 844-BKLYN-GP.

The Panamanian De Gracia (24-1-1, 20 KOs) will be fighting for the first time in the United States on March 2. The 25-year-old has knocked out seven of his last eight opponents and scored four straight stoppage victories since his one loss to Jorge Sanchez in 2017. De Gracia, who is ranked No. 2 by the WBA at 126 pounds, picked up two victories in 2018, including most recently stopping previously unbeaten Edinso Torres Jr. in August.

Ramirez (21-1-3, 8 KOs) suffered the only loss of his career when he dropped a unanimous decision to then-featherweight champion Lee Selby in December 2017. The 26-year-old southpaw from Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico had fought unbeaten Leduan Barthelemy to a draw prior to the Selby fight and most recently bounced back from that loss with a TKO victory over Carlos Jacobo in November.

https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-investigated-alleged-altercation-with-cops--136563

Gervonta Davis Investigated For Alleged Altercation With Cops

According to TMZ Sports, WBA super featherweight world champion Gervonta Davis is the subject of a police investigation after an alleged physical altercation with police.

Davis -- Floyd Mayweather's top protege -- was at an upscale mall in Virginia on February 17 when he got into it with another man at an ATM machine.

One witness told TMZ that Davis began shouting at the man and cops were called to the scene. When officers arrived, the outlet alleges that Gervonta acted hostile toward the cops.

TMZ spoke to one person who alleged that he saw watched Gervonta shove one of the officers while screaming obscenities while his friends were desperately trying to restrain him.

TMZ spoke with the Fairfax County Police Dept. who would only confirm there was an "interaction" and/or an "encounter" with Davis ... and that an investigation is ongoing.

Cops also informed that Davis was not formally arrested.

Davis, who earlier this month went to 21-0 after demolishing Hugo Ruiz in one round for knockout number 20 -- is already a 2-time super featherweight world champ.

Mayweather recently told TMZ Sports he's got big plans for Davis as a fighter ... with a potential fight in the future with undefeated prospect Ryan Garcia.

Unfortunately for Davis, he's no stranger to police drama ... he was arrested back in September after allegedly getting into a fist fight in the streets in Washington D.C.

According that the police report, Davis and another man duked it out -- "punching each other with a closed fist about the upper body."

Several people tried to break it up but the two guys tried to flee -- until cops swooped in and picked them both up. That case is still ongoing.

SMDH...

Back