Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah he is wack.. he has decent power but is too rigid and straight up and down they said he was a great athlete i dont see it looks like dude is punching by the numbers

He is definitely not wack thats for sure, he is Olympic Silver medalist has a World Amateur bronze and a Gold European medal and this is only his 7th pro fight, plus he has sparred pretty much all the best fighters and has WSB experience too...

When you compare his record current record to AJ, Wilder and Fury etc after 7 pro fights its alot tougher... He is really athletic he normally does a backflip in the ring, not often a 19stone human does that haha but I agree he is rigid though, which is strange given how athletic he is, could be he has been amateur too long and he is 33 now, which isnt old for a heavyweight but its still hard to change youre style at that age... Like I said Im not sold on him winning a real world title either unless he can become more relaxed and start slipping punches... But TBH its technical fighters and straight punches that will trouble Wilder...

Like you said before he has a good engine. Thats about the only positive i see. His lack of head movement is scary. He is a devastating knockout waiting to happen

That sums it up perfectly. How can you be a pro boxer and not know how to get leverage ona punch. I don't understand it

He is throws in bunches, same are fighters in the lower weights and the boxers that spent along time in the amateur code... Its not a bad thing because he still hurts fighters, he KO'd fighters out in the amateurs which is rare... He is an usual puncher though, not alot of snap in his punches...

https://www.boxingscene.com/holyfield-wilder-best-heavyweight-not-joshua--136539

Holyfield: Wilder is The Best at Heavyweight, Not Joshua

Former two division undisputed champion Evander Holyfield backs WBC world champion Deontay Wilder as the best heavyweight in the world.

While he views IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO champion Anthony Joshua as being the most skilled fighter in the division - he can't back him to be the best of the division.

Holyfield also believes that Wilder's fight in December with Tyson Fury should have been stopped in the twelfth round, because Fury was dropped hard and laid motionless for several seconds.

Between Wilder, Fury and Joshua - Holyfield is giving Wilder the top spot in the weight class.

"All there of them are good. With me personally, I think it's Deontay - regardless of the last fight with Fury. When you knock a guy down like that, and he's down for four seconds - they usually stop it. They don't wait for the guy to get up," Holyfield told TMZ Sports.

"I think Deontay [is the best at heavyweight], but I think skill-wise I can say Anthony Joshua, but he won't fight [someone]. Until you fight somebody it don't really make a difference [if you have better skills].

"Deontay stand a chance to beat any of them guys, because he got the knockout power and he's quicker than a lot of guys think he is. He gets better in each and every fight."

Joshua is back in the ring on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, when he faces undefeated contender Jarrell Miller. The bout will be Joshua's United States debut.

Wilder and Fury were heading to a rematch, but that is no longer clear - as Fury recently signed an exclusive contract with Top Rank and ESPN - while Wilder is aligned with Premier Boxing Champions, who have content deals with Showtime and Fox Sports.

Joe Joyce cool as a person, but he will get flattened by any of the top heavies...

Shit even big baby destroys him....stiverene almost did with one punch.... Cuz that's all he had.... And I shit you not there were a few times in the fight when I thought that nigga might have got him with it...

I have no faith in Joyce as a champ

Joe Joyce cool as a person, but he will get flattened by any of the top heavies...

Shit even big baby destroys him....stiverene almost did with one punch.... Cuz that's all he had.... And I shit you not there were a few times in the fight when I thought that nigga might have got him with it...

I have no faith in Joyce as a champ

Joyce took Stiverne's punches clean when Stiverne was fresh and Miler punches like a featherweight compared to the rest of the division... I dont think Joyce had any respect for the Stiverne's power which is why he traded BUT he does need to work on slipping punches, because he wont be able to take flush shots from AJ and Wilder...

I will say, I think you guys are forgetting Joyce's pedigree, he has fought all the tricky Cuban's and Eastern European's and even Usyk said he was his toughest opponent to date...

GGG close to signing with DAZN...

SOURCE:
https://www.ringtv.com/554960-genna...zing-multi-fight-deal-that-guarantees-equity/

'HBO helped build Gennady Golovkin into a star, but with the network’s exit from boxing, it was time for the former middleweight champion to find a new network home.

Canelo Alvarez quickly linked up with DAZN on a 10-fight, $350 million deal, but GGG bided his time. Since October he’s deliberated. He held multiple meetings with officials from PBC; he fielded offers from Top Rank to compete exclusively on ESPN.

Finally, approximately four months into the process, Golovkin is close to finalizing a deal with DAZN, industry sources told The Ring. One source described the negotiations as “at the one-yard line.”'...

Joyce took Stiverne's punches clean when Stiverne was fresh and Miler punches like a featherweight compared to the rest of the division... I dont think Joyce had any respect for the Stiverne's power which is why he traded BUT he does need to work on slipping punches, because he wont be able to take flush shots from AJ and Wilder...

I will say, I think you guys are forgetting Joyce's pedigree, he has fought all the tricky Cuban's and Eastern European's and even Usyk said he was his toughest opponent to date...
I think ortiz beats him too

I'll watch it for $10 but fuck that trilogy for real.

GGG another year older and slower and he not going to KO Canelo which is the only way that he can win. So it's a pointless fight outside of the check.

Yeah they have shared 24round, the last couple rounds of the first fight showed how the second fight ultimately turned out... Like you say GGG will have gotten older and Canelo prolly improved, so there is really nothing to see... Plus we know they can both take each others hellacious shots...

Yeah they have shared 24round, the last couple rounds of the first fight showed how the second fight ultimately turned out... Like you say GGG will have gotten older and Canelo prolly improved, so there is really nothing to see... Plus we know they can both take each others hellacious shots...

True.

The crazy part with the bold out of 24 rounds I still don't think GGG caught Canelo with a good clean punch right on the chin when put something on it. I'm not even saying if GGG did Canelo would get dropped or KOed. I just don't think its happened and if it hasn't happened in 24 rounds the probability of it happening is extremely low.

True.

The crazy part with the bold out of 24 rounds I still don't think GGG caught Canelo with a good clean punch right on the chin when put something on it. I'm not even saying if GGG did Canelo would get dropped or KOed. I just don't think its happened and if it hasn't happened in 24 rounds the probability of it happening is extremely low.
Yea i dont think he caught him with his best best.. and i agree but shit im still there for the fight.. Canelo got him with his best and he just looked at him

True.

My memory is terrible tbh, I can only remember that huge shot GGG took off Canelo throughout the 24 rounds lol but I remember after the second fight thinking Jesus they both have granite chins so Im sure GGG did land big shots, I would have to watch it back... This is the only GIF I can find of GGG landing...

canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-boxing-punch-gif-9876545.gif

Yea i dont think he caught him with his best best.. and i agree but shit im still there for the fight.. Canelo got him with his best and he just looked at him

It's a trash fight but if nothing better is on that night if they do a 3rd fight. I'll watch it for $10.

After 24 rounds I don't see GGG selling out and willing to risk getting KOed himself to KO Canelo which is the only way he can win. That is another reason its a trash fight. GGG only has one possible way to win but he not willing to do what it takes to try and win that way.

Ortiz probably the 4rd or 5th best Heavyweight.

I only say one of the two because that dude Efe Ajagba is gonna be a problem.

Joyce has had 7 fight bro, 7th fights... Ortiz is old as dust now anyways I think his time is up and will become a gate keeper now, unfortunately he was avoided like the boogie man in his prime and when Hearn tried to bring him to UK he stunk the place out... Joyce is used to facing slick Cubans and Kazakh fighters etc with world amateur/Olympic and WSB experience, imo he would be able to deal with Ortiz within the next 6-12months... The jury is out though like I said, Im not sold yet either but the next 12months will see if Joyce is the real deal or not...

It's a trash fight but if nothing better is on that night if they do a 3rd fight. I'll watch it for $10.

After 24 rounds I don't see GGG selling out and willing to risk getting KOed himself to KO Canelo which is the only way he can win. That is another reason its a trash fight. GGG only has one possible way to win but he not willing to do what it takes to try and win that way.

Aint no one gonna sell out vs Canelo.. GGG first fight he had Canelo on his bike.. its not a trash fight maybe a fight you dont care to see but thats it

Joyce has had 7 fight bro, 7th fights... Ortiz is old as dust now anyways I think his time is up and will become a gate keeper now, unfortunately he was avoided like the boogie man in his prime and when Hearn tried to bring him to UK he stunk the place out... Joyce is used to facing slick Cubans and Kazakh fighters etc with world amateur/Olympic and WSB experience, imo he would be able to deal with Ortiz within the next 6-12months... The jury is out though like I said, Im not sold yet either but the next 12months will see if Joyce is the real deal or not...
He would not beat Ortiz.

Back