Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Heard Ortiz didnt impress last night, havnt seen the fight yet as it wasnt on TV over here...

He was in cruise control and won comfortably but it wasn't a spectacular performance. I never really been sold on Ortiz though. He's a good fighter but too many people overrate him.

He was in cruise control and won comfortably but it wasn't a spectacular performance. I never really been sold on Ortiz though. He's a good fighter but too many people overrate him.

Theres no doubting his boxing skills and IQ, he has power too, but alot of Cuban fighters when they turn pro, kind of just do enough to get the win with out taking risks and go in cruise control, probably because of their extensive amateur background...

Breazele so trash

Lara is so infuriating

He caught most of dudes shots but really didnt do enough..it was an excruciating watch... at least be a ghost in the ring but nope glorified sparring match

Luis Ortiz a 78 year old geezer heavy weight who puts the clubs of Cuba on any heavyweight not named Wilder.

I don't care how he looked. He beats all them niggaz

https://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-mayweather-canelo-ii-15-billion-fight--136753

De La Hoya: Mayweather-Canelo II Could Be a $1.5 Billion Fight

According to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, who promotes WBC, WBA middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez, his fighter is dead serious about setting up a rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

And De La Hoya says Floyd has more than a BILLION reasons to make it happen.

"First of all, Floyd is retired so there is no fight to make. But if Floyd did want to come back, he should stop fighting fighters who are two weight divisions smaller than him. If Floyd Mayweather decides to come back, a fight with him and Canelo could be a $1.5 billion fight," Oscar tells TMZ Sports.

Of course, Canelo and Floyd initially fought in 2013 -- with Floyd dominating the then-23-year-old rising star. Floyd got a $41 million guarantee for that fight, which was a record payday at the time.

But, things have changed in a big way since then. Mayweather claims to have made more than $300 million per fight for his bouts with Manny Pacquiao and Conor McGregor.

Canelo's value has also gone way up -- he recently signed a $365 million, 11 fight contract with streaming service DAZN after notching impressive wins over stars like Miguel Cotto, Amir Khan, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Gennady Golovkin.

De La Hoya says he's realistic about the chances of making the rematch happen -- and even takes shots at Mayweather for taking easy fights against hugely overmatched opponents like kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa.

Outside of his exhibition against Nasukawa on New Year's Eve, Mayweather has been away from an actual sanctioned boxing match since August of 2017, when he stopped McGregor in a cross sport fight. And that was his first sanctioned fight since September 2015, when he retired after dominating Andre Berto.

But, Canelo says he's out for revenge -- and hopes he can convince Mayweather to strap on the gloves for one final fight.

"I would love to have the opportunity to avenge that defeat," Canelo told us through a translator. "But if it doesn't, then I will continue my path and write my own history."

In the meantime, Canelo is gearing up for his May 4 fight against Daniel Jacobs to unify the WBC, WBA, IBF middleweight belts at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

https://www.boxingscene.com/whyte-aims-become-wbc-mandatory-if-wilder-faces-breazeale--136738

Whyte Aims To Become WBC Mandatory if Wilder Faces Breazeale

Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte is hoping to become the next mandatory challenger to WBC world champion Deontay Wilder.

Whyte is not looking for his own crack at gold after Wilder's planned rematch with Tyson Fury fell apart.

The World Boxing Council had ordered Whyte to face Dominic Breazeale in a final eliminator for the WBC interim-title.

But now Breazeale is the likely next opponent for Wilder, which leaves Whyte's immediate future in limbo.

If that fight goes forward, Whyte believes that he should automatically become the mandatory challenger to Wilder. On the other hand, Breazeale is technically the current mandatory challenger.

"Right now, I don't know, because the Wilder-Tyson Fury fight fell out of bed," Whyte told Sky Sports.

"The WBC, they ordered me against Breazeale. Hopefully they will honour that and keep true to their word, and they will give me the mandatory position.

"If Wilder wants to fight Breazeale, I should become the WBC automatic mandatory, because Dominic Breazeale is pulling out of the fight, not me."

There were ongoing negotiations for Whyte to face IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO world champion Anthony Joshua on April 13th in a world title fight at Wembley Stadium in London, but their contest fell apart after Whyte felt the offers coming his way were a bit too low.

Whyte does not regret his decision to walk away from the table.

"No, you have to believe in yourself, you have to be patient in this game, and sometimes you need to take backward steps to move forward, that's all it is," said Whyte.

"I know my value. I've built my way back to being No 1 contender in two governing bodies. I'm the highest ranked fighter across all the governing bodies. The fight only gets bigger."

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-smiles-canelo-our-franchise-champion--136740

WBC Prez Smiles: Canelo Will Be Our Franchise Champion

By Miguel Rivera

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman has revealed that Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez will receive a special distinction from his organization.

"Canelo is a boxer who has crossed all borders and that is why he will be named as the franchise champion of the World Boxing Council," Sulaiman said.

Although no details of the appointment were given, the sanctioning body leader pointed out that in the near future the exact information will disclosed when the implications of this title is explained.

Canelo has a tough night ahead, when he defends his WBC, WBA middleweight titles against IBF world champion Daniel Jacobs in a high stakes unification.

The contest takes place on May 4th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Sulaiman is very happy with the staging of this particular contest.

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, the sanctioning body will stake a special "Mayan belt" for the upcoming fight.

The president of the WBC pointed out that this type of meeting is the exact kind of contest that the fans who love boxing want to watch.

"I am happy with how everyone can work as a team, to make these champion against champion fights - because that's what the public wants to see," Sulaiman said.

There was a moment in time where the WBC and Canelo found themselves at odds and there was a lot of friction - because in 2016 the sanctioning body made attempts to force Canelo to make a mandatory defense against Gennady Golovkin. Instead of doing so, Canelo vacated the title and then more or less blocked off the WBC from being a part of his events.

After weeks of discussions, the two sides were able to completely bury the hatchet in 2018. And now the WBC appears to be completely in Canelo's corner.

https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-arrest-warrant-issued-alleged-assault--136784

Gervonta Davis - Arrest Warrant Issued For Alleged Assault

According to TMZ Sports, an arrest warrant has been issued for WBA super featherweight world champion Gervonta Davis.

The warrant was issued in connection with Davis having an alleged altercation with another man at an ATM machine at an upscale mall in Virginia on February 17.

Officers did arrive on the scene, and one witness had told TMZ that Davis allegedly acted hostile toward the cops.

After completing an initial investigation, police issued a warrant for Davis' arrest on one misdemeanor count of assault.

The charge carries a maximum penalty of 1 year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Per a Fairfax County Police Department spokesperson ... multiple attempts to reach Davis to inform him of his warrant have been unsuccessful.

Davis, who last month went to 21-0 after demolishing Hugo Ruiz in one round for knockout number 20 -- is already a 2-time super featherweight world champ.

Mayweather recently told TMZ Sports he's got big plans for Davis as a fighter ... with a potential fight in the future with undefeated prospect Ryan Garcia.

Unfortunately for Davis, he's no stranger to police drama ... he was arrested back in September after allegedly getting into a fist fight in the streets in Washington D.C.

According that the police report, Davis and another man duked it out -- "punching each other with a closed fist about the upper body."

Several people tried to break it up but the two guys tried to flee -- until cops swooped in and picked them both up. That case is still ongoing.

SMH...

Back