Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
It annoys me when people call decent performances great fights..

Great fight have and ebb and flow it can be a chess match.. or mortal Kombat

My boy text me and said great fight. I hear great fight all the time Im about clarity and precision..

Another example Khabib and Connor wasnt a great fight it was a great performance

Bud is in Mayweather's and delahoyas exact position.

P4p top fighters making under 10 mill a fight.

Only difference was when they were in Bud shoes they said fuck the contract and started making all that money themselves.

Bud could be making 20 mill a fight self promoting
He's in an even better position than Mayweather was IMO because he has the hardcore Nebraska support. Floyd never had a base like that. 100% agree with you on the noney he could be making. Obviously the millions he is getting is nothing to sniff at, but that comes at the cost of how restricted he is.

He's in an even better position than Mayweather was IMO because he has the hardcore Nebraska support. Floyd never had a base like that. 100% agree with you on the noney he could be making. Obviously the millions he is getting is nothing to sniff at, but that comes at the cost of how restricted he is.

I agree to an extent, but Bud eventually has to venture out of being the "Illest nigga in Nebraska" and go to Vegas to be on the biggest stage (and where the bigger gate is). But that still isn't his call just yet.

Bud is in Mayweather's and delahoyas exact position.

P4p top fighters making under 10 mill a fight.

Only difference was when they were in Bud shoes they said fuck the contract and started making all that money themselves.

Bud could be making 20 mill a fight self promoting

I agree w/ this to an extent too, but does Crawford have what it takes personality wise to self promote himself and what angle does he take to get to that level. Or do you think he can just be himself?

We all know the transition from Pretty Boy to Money May made a significant difference for promo value.

The transition was a response to Bob trying to black ball him by saying he was chasing money against de La Hoya and pricing himself out of fights with guys like margarito...

He embraced the fuckery and ran with the " money" persona

Why call out Spence when we know the fight won't happen? This isn't Floyd-Pac where the money is so big that the rival networks had to come to the table. Crawford-Spence is the fight i most want to see in boxing but that shit ain't happening anytime soon.

Why not to keep building the buzz? Force the public to want to see it and apply pressure. Also potentially get the other guy fans watching as it builds.

Dont wanna hear na nothing about not calling a nigga out when you already was mouthing off.

How you think Manny and Mayweather got that big?

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-i-love-make-crawford-spence-fight-next--132749

Bob Arum: I Would Love To Make Crawford-Spence Fight Next
By Keith Idec

OMAHA, Nebraska – Bob Arum doesn’t really rate Shawn Porter or Keith Thurman as legitimate threats to Terence Crawford’s perfect record.

Errol Spence Jr., however, is the welterweight Arum assumes would give Crawford his most difficult fight at 147 pounds. Arum reiterated after Crawford’s 12th-round stoppage of Jose Benavidez Jr. on Saturday night that he is willing to make a Crawford-Spence showdown next.

That’ll require a collaborative effort between Arum and Al Haymon, who advises Spence, to make a 147-pound title unification bout between boxers backed by different networks. That shouldn’t be all that hard, according to Arum, because ESPN (Crawford) and Showtime (Spence) could work together on what would be a pay-per-view event.

“All the other guys I discard,” Arum said following Crawford’s win at CHI Health Center. “They’re not in the same league [as Crawford]. Spence may be in the same league. I would love to make the Spence fight. You hear me now – I’m ready to make that fight next. I’m ready to make it on very fair terms, where no fighter or no network has an advantage, to do that fight. We’re prepared to sit down and get that fight done. But I can’t force the other people into doing it. You understand?”

Based on what Spence said last month in Brooklyn following Porter’s victory over Danny Garcia, it seems highly unlikely that the unbeaten IBF welterweight champion’s next fight would come against the 31-year-old Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs). Spence cited their network and promotional allegiances as obstacles and appears more interested in opposing Porter (29-2-1, 17 KOs), the WBC welterweight champion, or Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC), the inactive WBA 147-pound champ.

Spence (24-0, 21 KOs), of DeSoto, Texas, doesn’t have a fight scheduled. The powerful southpaw most recently knocked out Mexico’s Carlos Ocampo (23-1, 14 KOs), his mandatory challenger, in the first round June 16 in Frisco, Texas.

Crawford wants to face Spence, too. The WBO champion realizes, though, that he can’t force Spence or anyone else to fight him.

“Al Haymon and Bob could sit down and talk to each other about it,” Crawford said. “That’s it. I want all them [welterweight champions]. I’ve been saying it. How bad do you want me to say something over and over and over. I said what I said and that’s it.”

3FCCE15E-1B4B-447F-9EBD-4919AA899FEF.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-offers-apology-over-mascot-network-denies-injury--132752

Wilder Offers Apology Over Mascot, Network Denies Injury
Deontay Wilder has apologised if a punch he landed on a mascot on a television show led to an injury to the person inside the costume.

The WBC heavyweight champion floored the mascot, wearing a sombrero and a moustache, with one punch after apparently being invited to show off his power on the Spanish language Nacion ESPN.

Reports circulated that the recipient of the punch had suffered a broken jaw while Wilder denied he was unaware there was anyone in the costume.

A contrite Wilder has offered the mascot tickets to his upcoming bout against Tyson Fury on December 1 in Los Angeles.

He wrote in an Instagram post: “Anything headlining I didn’t know a “Human Being” was in there is just straight “Click Baiting” like come on now, I guess the Mascot rolled out there. show some respect!

“I sincerely apologize to the brave man that was injured (if this is true) I have the up most high respect for him, his participation, willingness and courage.

“If this is true @nacionespn I personally would like to invite him to my Dec.1 fight. Word Is Bond.”

But the network has actually come out and denied the reports of an injury, which may be a hoax that was created by video posters and then pushed by various unsuspecting media members.

“Reports are innacurate. No injury was caused to the Mascot performer during the Nación ESPN segment,” an ESPN representative told TheWrap Sunday.

https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-reacts-khabib-cbs-sho-get-checkbook--132770

Mayweather Reacts To Khabib: CBS, SHO - Get The Checkbook!

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has taken a page out of Conor McGregor's playbook and issued a challenge to undefeated five division world champion Floyd Mayweather.

Nurmagomedov's challenge came in a video posted on Instagram by Mayweather's company CEO, Leonard Ellerbe, who indicated he ran into the UFC fighter during the World Boxing Super Series doubleheader in Russia.

Both Ellerbe and Khabib were ringside for Saturday's card at the Ekaterinburg Expo in Ekaterinburg.

Khabib did not say whether he wished to fight Mayweather in a boxing or UFC match. Like McGregor, the Russian has no previous experience as a professional boxer.

"Let's go Floyd. We have to fight now: 50-0 versus 27-0," Nurmagomedov said with Ellerbe standing next to him smiling. "We are two guys who never lose. In the jungle there is only one king. Of course, I am the king because he cannot drop McGregor but I dropped him easily. Let's go."

McGregor made as much as a $100 million last year by taking on Mayweather in a lopsided boxing match. Mayweather, who retired afterwards, appeared to carry McGregor in the early rounds before stopping the Irishman in the 10th to improve to 50-0.

Mayweather took to social media to respond to the challenge. The add fuel to the fire, Mayweather wants to see a large number on the table.

“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out! Go to Leonard Ellerbe’s page to view Khabib Nurmagomedov challenging me. Let’s make Las Vegas great again,” Mayweather stated.

Last weekend, Khabib retained his UFC lightweight crown, beating McGregor by fourth-round submission. It was McGregor's first UFC bout in two years.

There was wild drama in the aftermath, when Khabib climbed out of the Octagon to fight with a member of McGregor's entourage who had been taunting him. McGregor also exchanged punches with members of Khabib's team.

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-i-believe-theres-an-al-haymon-hes-fictional--132759

Bob Arum: I Don't Believe There's An Al Haymon; He's Fictional
By Keith Idec

OMAHA, Nebraska – Bob Arum is confident that, if given the opportunity to meet again with Al Haymon, they can come to an agreement to make a Terence Crawford-Errol Spence Jr. fight a reality.

They did, after all, put together a much more complicated pay-per-view showdown when they finally made Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao early in 2015.

Crawford’s promoter made it clear, though, that it won’t be easy to provide fans with the welterweight title unification fight they most want unless Haymon, who advises Spence, at least is interested in negotiating with him.

With his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, the 86-year-old Arum questioned whether the notoriously private Haymon even exists.

“The problem is who is PBC?,” Arum told BoxingScene.com, referring to the Premier Boxing Champions organization Haymon launched early in 2015.

“And people say, ‘Al Haymon.’ And I say Al Haymon is a fiction Sam Watson has created. I don’t believe there’s an Al Haymon. I haven’t seen him in three years. Have you seen him? Is there an Al Haymon? No! I think Sam Watson has created some guy named Al Haymon, who is responsible for all of these bad decisions because there is no Al Haymon. You’re blaming it on a fictional character.”

Watson, a longtime Haymon employee, has been commonly mistaken for Haymon by some fans and media when Watson stands alongside Haymon’s boxers in the ring before and after their fights. When reminded that there’s evidence Haymon does indeed exist, Arum continued.

“You may have interviewed who you thought was Al Haymon,” Arum explained. “But how do you know it’s Al Haymon? [Promoter Lou] DiBella says, ‘Well, I talk to him on the phone.’ I say, ‘Lou, how do you know [it’s him]? People today can mimic any voice.’ How do I know it’s him? I haven’t spoken to him in over two years. How do I know it’s him? The last time I saw him was maybe four years ago, and I’m in the business full-time.”

Whenever they eventually begin negotiating a bout between Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs), the WBO welterweight champion, and Spence (24-0, 21 KOs), the IBF 147-pound champ, Arum doesn’t think it’ll be as difficult as some suspect to finalize a deal. As a pay-per-view event, Arum doesn’t feel the fighters’ network affiliations should complicate matters as much as if Crawford-Spence were to air either on ESPN (Crawford) or Showtime (Spence).

“It’s a pay-per-view event when they fight,” Arum said, “and the same way that we did it with Mayweather and Pacquiao, both HBO and Showtime were co-distributors of the fight and shared the distribution fee. All of that can be worked out. I mean, it’s silly. But again, you can always say that because of this and because of that something can’t happen.

“But if you have any kinds of brains or ingenuity, you can work through those problems to make it happen. Obviously, it would be wrong for Errol Spence to say, ‘Screw you, Showtime. I’m gonna fight Terence Crawford on a pay-per-view distributed by ESPN.’ I recognize that. And just as soon it would be wrong for Terence to say, ‘To hell with that. Thanks, ESPN, but I’m gone.’ No, but you can work it out like gentlemen.”

FDE0309A-7BB9-4E77-AE1C-0299CE6C3364.gif

I agree to an extent, but Bud eventually has to venture out of being the "Illest nigga in Nebraska" and go to Vegas to be on the biggest stage (and where the bigger gate is). But that still isn't his call just yet.

Bud has to have the right opponent for a big fight in Vegas. Bud fought Horn in Vegas. Can't find the ppv numbers but they were less than 100K. Bud has also fought in NY and Dallas.

I get what yall saying but selling 13K tickets in Omaha is better than selling 3-5K tickets in Vegas.

Spence and Bud needs each other to sell big tickets in Vegas.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-canelo-shut-mouths-showed-hes-better-ggg--132796

WBC Prez: Canelo Shut Mouths, Showed He's Better Than GGG!
By Miguel Rivera

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Canelo Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs) officially received his WBC middleweight world title on Monday at Museo Soumaya in Mexico City.

Canelo captured the title last month at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, when he won a twelve round majority decision over Gennady "GGG" Golovkin.

On December 15th, the 28-year-old WBC, WBA, Lineal champion at 160-pounds will move up in weight to challenge WBA "regular" super middleweight world champion Rocky Fielding (27-1, 15 KOs) at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

After nearly two years of animosity, Canelo and the World Boxing Council are now on very good terms.

The two sides had a falling out in the aftermath of Canelo win over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in May of 2016 - when the sanctioning body ordered him to face Golovkin in a mandatory defense. At the time Canelo was the WBC champion at 160.

Canelo vacated the belt, lashed out at the WBC and dropped down to 154-pounds to fight for the WBO title.

For several fights, Canelo was refusing to fight for the WBC title.

During Canelo's PED saga earlier this year, when the Mexican superstar tested positive for clenbuterol - it was WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman who was defending him to no end in the press.

And now that Canelo has vowed to represent the WBC - Sulaiman is singing the boxer's graces.

"Canelo shut a lot of mouths in his last fight. He quieted a lot of critics who said he did not come forward. But in his last fight he showed with his fists and his aggression that he is the better fighter. Canelo is always first to raise the Mexican flag after a victory and yell Viva Mexico! I am so proud he is representing the WBC once again," Sulaiman said.

"This day is very special, because today we recognize a champion who has dedicated his life to boxing, to place the name of Mexico in a high position. A young man who does not forget his roots and he's been an inspiration for many young people. His contest against Gennady Golovkin to win the belt was one of the great fights in [boxing] history."

The WBC really loves cinnamon...

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-mayweather-wouldnt-gone-ko-like-crawford--132787

Arum: Mayweather Wouldn’t Have Gone For KO Like Crawford
By Keith Idec

OMAHA, Nebraska – What impressed Bob Arum most about Terence Crawford’s performance Saturday night was that Crawford wasn’t content to beat Jose Benavidez Jr. on points.

An aggressive Crawford finished Benavidez late in the 12th round, even though the unbeaten WBO welterweight champion knew he was comfortably in front on the scorecards.

Crawford cracked Benavidez with a right uppercut that sent Benavidez to the canvas with just under 50 seconds remaining in their 12-round, 147-pound championship match.

Benavidez reached his feet, only to have Crawford attack him and hurt him again with a right hook. Referee Celestino Ruiz stepped in to stop their fight at 2:42 of the 12th round, with a battered Benavidez against the ropes.

“It was tremendous,” said Arum, Crawford’s promoter. “Let’s be honest about it – most fighters today in that position, having clearly won the fight, would back off in the 12th round, not take any chances and run out the clock. It’s like equivalent to taking a knee. Not him. He’s a performer. He wanted to close the show and that’s what he did, and that makes him special. It really does. Look what we have, other fighters today, that is not the mindset that most of them have.”

The 31-year-old Crawford (35-0, 24 KOs) was ahead 110-99, 108-101 and 107-102 on the scorecards when he dropped and stopped Phoenix’s Benavidez (27-1, 18 KOs). That sent Crawford’s hometown crowd of 13,323 into a frenzy at CHI Health Center.

“That’s the kind of person he is,” Arum said. “He’s a showman. He wants to close the show. He wants to make a statement. I just think – I mean, we know he’s a brilliant fighter. But the fact that he’s so crowd-pleasing makes him special. And really, in next year, when there’ll be a time when he moves into the pay-per-view arena really seriously, people will remember that.

“They’ll wanna see him fight because he’s so entertaining. And he’s not gonna – again, when you look at Floyd Mayweather, tremendous fighter. Ask yourself honestly, if Mayweather [were] going into the 12th round of this fight, would he have done anything like that or tried to?”

AC876D93-F694-45B4-8796-CD03D695B5A6.gif

Back