Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-not-impressed-with-joshua-win-biggest-bum-i-ever-saw--132090

Fury Not Impressed With Joshua Win: Biggest Bum I Ever Saw

WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua retained his world titles, and inflicted the first stoppage defeat of Alexander Povetkin’s professional career with a ruthless seventh-round finish at Wembley Stadium in London.

But whether this win takes Joshua any closer to a fight with WBC titleholder Deontay Wilder, who next fights Britain’s former world champion Tyson Fury on December 1, remains to be seen.

Joshua, whose promoter is Eddie Hearn, is already booked for Wembley for April 13, against an opponent to be determined.

Joshua notably discussed both Wilder and Whyte as options, but left Fury off his list of potential opponents. And the Gypsy King didn’t take kindly to the omission, taking to Instagram to vent his frustration.

“I think it’s safe to say now, that neither Team Joshua or Matchroom [Boxing] will ever fight the Gypsy King,” Fury said.

“Never. They mentioned if it’s not Wilder it’ll be Whyte. There’s no mention of Tyson Fury, the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.

“It’s alright fighting men, 39-years-old [Povetkin], half your size. Tonight is pure evidence that I’m fighting the best heavyweight out there in Deontay Wilder; Joshua’s not even close.

“He’s slow, methodical, ponderous at times. Powerful, yes. But they all are. Very, very clear to see. Avoid me at all costs. If I was you Joshua, I’d avoid me, because I will jab your face off, you bum ... Haghtag bum city, can’t box ... easy’s night’s work.

“I’ve never seen a bigger bum in my life.”

Fury, who is still the lineal champion with a victory over Wladimir Klitschko in November of 2015, is arguably the biggest possible domestic fight for Joshua. Should Fury upset the odds and defeat Wilder, it would make a fight with Joshua the richest event to make and possibly the biggest money fight in the history of British boxing.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-very-interested-bringing-canelo-golovkin-espn--132101

Arum Very Interested in Bringing Canelo and Golovkin To ESPN
By Miguel Rivera

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is going to throw his hat in the race to secure the services of middleweight free agents Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.

Last Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Canelo (50-1-2, 34 KOs) won a twelve round majority decision over Gennady Golovkin (38-1-1, 34 KOs) to capture the WBC, WBA middleweight titles. The judge saw it 114-114, 115-113, 115-113.

The fight was a rematch of their September 2017 contest, which saw the bout end in a controversial twelve round split draw.

In the aftermath of that fight, both boxers became TV free agents - as their network deals with HBO had expired.

Canelo is promoted by Oscar De La Hoya of Golden Boy Promotions, while Golovkin is self-promoted with Tom Loeffler running GGG Promotions.

For decades, HBO was regarded as the biggest network force in boxing.

No longer is that the case, as the network's budget has been significantly slashed and their 2018 schedule of televised fights has been bare bones.

Showtime, ESPN and DAZN are leading the way with their respective busy schedules.

Arum, as part of his exclusive deal with ESPN, would love to get Canelo and Golovkin on the network.

He recently lured away several key fights from HBO, including the light heavyweight rematch between Sergey Kovalev and Eleider Alvarez, and the super featherweight clash between Miguel Berchelt and Miguel Roman.

"In our agreement with ESPN we will welcome all promoters," said Arum to ESPN Deportes.

"[Main Events CEO] Kathy Duva is coming with the rematch between (Sergey) Kovalev and (Eleider) Alvarez, [promoters] Fernando Beltran and Oswaldo Kuchle are coming with Miguel Berchelt and Miguel Roman; We are going to be open to everyone.

"And if Oscar de la Hoya is sincere and Golden Boy wants to make fights on ESPN in that agreement that we have, we are open to it, in the same way we will be for Tom Loeffler and Gennady Golovkin."

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-wilder-agree-now-we-wait-fury-fight--132112

Hearn: Wilder Must Agree Now, We Won't Wait Until Fury Fight!

Anthony Joshua believes his long-awaited clash with fellow world heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder will take place as it would be "silly not to".

But promoter Eddie Hearn has warned a deal must be agreed quickly if the American is to be Joshua's next opponent.

Joshua successfully defended his International Boxing Federation, World Boxing Association and World Boxing Organisation belts with brutal a seventh-round stoppage of Alexander Povetkin at London's Wembley Stadium on Saturday.

He is already booked in to box again at Wembley on April 13, but the question of an opponent has still to be resolved.

Joshua has repeatedly stressed he wants to fight fellow undefeated champion Wilder, who holds the World Boxing Council version of the heavyweight title, next.

"We have to fight, it would be silly not to" Joshua told reporters after inflicting the first stoppage-loss of Povetkin's professional career.

Wilder, however, is next due to face Britain's former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury on December 1.

Talks between the Joshua and Wilder camps have stalled and Hearn is worried a fight that will be worth far more than the "peanuts" of an initially offered $50 million could be derailed.

If Fury beats Wilder, the rematch clause would likely be activated, delaying both boxers from facing Joshua, the London 2012 Olympic champion who now has a professional record of 22 wins from 22 fights, with 21 knockouts.

"Being British, we'd like Fury to win, but for April, Wilder must win if that's going to happen," said Hearn.

"We're not willing to wait until December to see. A deal must be done in advance of that, subject to him winning.

"But now, after 80,000 (the estimated crowd at Wembley) and the worldwide exposure and after the finish (against Povetkin) that offer (made previously, by the Wilder camp) will look like absolute peanuts when this fight is made."

"That is the biggest fight in boxing; Wilder-Fury is a really good fight to see who's the second best heavyweight in the world. Joshua-Wladimir Klitschko was the biggest fight in British boxing history, and Joshua-Wilder would eclipse that. We want that now."

Hearn insisted: "We're not waiting for time-wasters; we understand if they lose we'll have to find another opponent, but if you win, we're not waiting until December.

"These aren't negotiations that will take 24 hours, and Joshua's career is not being slowed down. If they don't want to do that, we'll fight someone else."

SMH...

No he didn’t

Fury is the lineal champion.

Making the Fury fight proved he ain’t have to be a bitch and just accept whatever demands. Told dude take a flat fee on a POV fight. Joshua a draw in the UK. Fighters and their promoters only get away with this A side/leverage bullshit because fans seem to care about that part these days and take sides
Fury Neva defended Tha title I consider wlad to be lineal champ when he fought joshua

Last edited:
Back