Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
All my people who know me know I had been backing Thurman from early but fuck that guy. The way he has ducked Spence is unforgivable and he is STILL talking that Shawn Porter shit. I've never seen a guy chase a rematch so hard when he actually won the fight fairly and squarely.

All my people who know me know I had been backing Thurman from early but fuck that guy. The way he has ducked Spence is unforgivable and he is STILL talking that Shawn Porter shit. I've never seen a guy chase a rematch so hard when he actually won the fight fairly and squarely.

I get the Porter talk because the WBC made him give up the belt Porter just won. Add to that the WBC said he gets a shot at that title whenever he wants it. So I can see where that is coming from but I agree with you 100% that he on some sucka shit when it comes to Spence.

I get the Porter talk because the WBC made him give up the belt Porter just won. Add to that the WBC said he gets a shot at that title whenever he wants it. So I can see where that is coming from but I agree with you 100% that he on some sucka shit when it comes to Spence.
That's the annoying thing about Porter winning the title, it legitimizes Thurman saying he wants to fight Porter to get the belt back. Fuck all that he should be moving full steam ahead for Spence. He has already given Spence the psychological advantage with these shenanigans. By the time Spence beats Garcia and Porter he will have given Spence the profile advantage as well

That's the annoying thing about Porter winning the title, it legitimizes Thurman saying he wants to fight Porter to get the belt back. Fuck all that he should be moving full steam ahead for Spence. He has already given Spence the psychological advantage with these shenanigans. By the time Spence beats Garcia and Porter he will have given Spence the profile advantage as well

I get it as a fan even though it wasn't a bad fight I don't really want to see Porter vs Thurman again. At least not as soon as it seems like its going to happen.

Good thing about Porter winning to me is that he seems more inclined to fight Spence sooner than Danny Garcia would've been. Danny Garcia with losing might be forced to fight Spence sooner than he ever wanted to because if Spence gets the WBC belt by beating Porter. That means Spence has the IBF & WBC, Thurman got the WBA and Crawford has the WBO. We all know Crawford not an option and I think once he ready Thurman would actually fight Spence before he rematch Garcia because of the money and then the belts. With no belt Danny Garcia brings absolutely nothing to the table.

I get it as a fan even though it wasn't a bad fight I don't really want to see Porter vs Thurman again. At least not as soon as it seems like its going to happen.

Good thing about Porter winning to me is that he seems more inclined to fight Spence sooner than Danny Garcia would've been. Danny Garcia with losing might be forced to fight Spence sooner than he ever wanted to because if Spence gets the WBC belt by beating Porter. That means Spence has the IBF & WBC, Thurman got the WBA and Crawford has the WBO. We all know Crawford not an option and I think once he ready Thurman would actually fight Spence before he rematch Garcia because of the money and then the belts. With no belt Danny Garcia brings absolutely nothing to the table.
Sorry man i meant Mikey not Danny Garcia. Competitively he win't give Spence much kudos but from a profile perspective a win over Garcia gives Spence a load of momentum

https://www.boxingscene.com/james-wilkins-make-national-tv-debut-on-shobox-921--131744

James Wilkins To Make National TV Debut on ShoBox, 9/21

Undefeated super featherweight and former amateur standout James Wilkins will make his live television debut on ShoBox: The New Generation on Friday, September 21 immediately following the SHOWTIME premiere of CRADLE OF CHAMPIONS, a documentary chronicling Wilkins and the 2015 New York Golden Gloves boxing tournament. Wilkins will face undefeated featherweight prospect Misael Lopez (8-0, 4 KOs) in the opening bout of what is now a four-fight ShoBox telecast.

The back-to-back programs will begin at 8 p.m. ET/PT with CRADLE OF CHAMPIONS airing before the live ShoBox telecast at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT from Firelake Arena in Shawnee, Okla.

Wilkins, of New York City, has five wins and five knockouts since turning professional two years ago following an accomplished amateur run. CRADLE OF CHAMPIONS documents one of the pinnacle moments of his amateur career as the Staten Island native fights through the 10-week tournament in hopes of establishing himself as an elite amateur prospect. Having already won the New York Golden Gloves in 2013 at 123 pounds, CRADLE OF CHAMPIONS chronicles Wilkins’ journey as a 19-year-old competing in the 132-pound class and culminates with a dramatic 2015 championship bout.

“I’m honored to be a part of CRADLE OF CHAMPIONS,” the 22-year-old Wilkins said. “Fighting in the Golden Gloves was a life-changing experience for me and it’s a great feeling to know that boxing fans can watch the documentary on SHOWTIME and then watch my ShoBox debut right after.”

"They call me 'Crunchtime' and that's what I'm bringing to ShoBox on September 21. I'll be ripping and running and I look forward to putting on a spectacular performance against Misael Lopez.”

Wilkins, who counts former four-division champion Roy Jones Jr. and former two-division champion Paulie Malignaggi as mentors, fought his way to the 2016 Olympic Trails in what was his last amateur tournament. His professional debut came in June of 2016 when he defeated Jack Grady via second-round knockout in a super lightweight contest.

In Friday’s main event, undefeated super featherweight prospect Jon Fernandez (16-0, 14 KOs) will clash with O’Shaquie Foster (13-2, 8 KOs) in a 10-round super featherweight bout. In the eight-round co-featured bouts, Irvin Gonzalez Jr. (10-0, 9 KOs) meets Carlos Ramos (9-0, 6 KOs) in a featherweight matchup, and Wesley Ferrer (12-0-1, 7 KOs) will face Steven Ortiz (8-0, 3 KOs) in a battle of lightweights.

Presented by DiBella Entertainment, tickets for the event are priced at $60 for ringside, $40 for floor seats and $30 for general admission and can be purchased in advance.

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacquiao-steps-back-from-legal-threat-top-rank--131754

Manny Pacquiao Steps Back From Legal Threat To Top Rank

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao is working things out with Top Rank, after indicating to sue the promoter for what he claimed was "non-payment and attempt to restrict" his "future rights" as regards his July 15 fight against Lucas Matthysse in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

According to an Instagram post on Monday evening, September 10, Pacquiao said he has not received payment for the US rights to his fight against Matthysse, which was broadcast on the ESPN+ streaming service.

"Therefore," Pacquiao added, "I am initiating legal proceedings against Top Rank and all other parties based on the non-payment and attempt to restrict my future rights. Thank you."

But on Wednesday, Pacquiao stepped away from those statements and said there was some miscommunication that was being worked out with the legal team for promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank.

"My post from the other day was a result of miscommunication between my Team and Top Rank. Everything has been clarified. I would like to thank Bob and Top Rank for helping guide my career and for the many great years of working together. We have accomplished so many amazing things together," Pacquiao stated.

Pacquiao, 39 years old, came back in style after dropping Matthysse in three times for a seventh round knockout.

The Filipino star, who was promoted by Top Rank for over a decade, is now claiming to be a full promotional free agent and recently had a meeting with promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom regarding the possibility of fighting Amir Khan on the new DAZN streaming service.

fd6.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-explore-options-hbo-deal-expires-saturday--131760

Canelo to Explore Options Once HBO Deal Expires After Saturday
By Keith Idec

LAS VEGAS – Win, lose or draw, Canelo’s Alvarez’s rematch with Gennady Golovkin could be the Mexican superstar’s last fight with HBO.

The Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday that Alvarez’s exclusive contract with HBO expires after his pay-per-view main event versus Golovkin on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. Oscar De La Hoya, whose company promotes Alvarez, told the newspaper that he’ll consider a new television or streaming partner for Alvarez because he’s not certain about HBO’s long-term commitment to boxing.

“It makes me wonder if HBO even wants to be in boxing,” De La Hoya told the Los Angeles Times.

Competitors Showtime, ESPN and DAZN, a well-funded streaming service set to launch September 22, all would be interested in doing business with Alvarez, boxing’s most proven pay-per-view star.

“HBO’s been my family since I started boxing and it has been my family up until today,” De La Hoya said. “I’ve always given HBO the first and last opportunity, but this is a business and I must do what’s best for my fighters. I want to do what’s best for Canelo’s career and, right now particularly, boxing is big business on television, with more than 200 fights on a year.”

Depending on what happens Saturday night, the 28-year-old Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) could return to the ring in December for a lower-profile fight. That possibility will make De La Hoya act quickly to secure Alvarez’s next television or streaming contract.

“I’m going to carefully analyze everything,” De La Hoya said, “and right after the final bell Saturday, I’m moving forward with this decision to explore what’s in Canelo’s best interest.”

Alvarez returned to fight exclusively for HBO after he edged Erislandy Lara in a Showtime Pay-Per-View main event in July 2014. He fought live on HBO in the first fight of that agreement – a third-round knockout of James Kirkland in May 2015 – but his rematch against Golovkin will mark his sixth straight HBO Pay-Per-View fight since he defeated Kirkland.

“Given the circumstances that boxing is in at this moment,” De La Hoya said, “with ESPN, DAZN and the fact that FOX television has paid millions and Showtime’s doing many things, it’s going to be very interesting for us and Canelo to see what HBO can do to keep him.”

Those new features premiering on ESPN include 42 to 1 on Dec. 11, about Buster Douglas' infamous 1990 upset knockout of Mike Tyson at the Tokyo Dome. ESPN's Jeremy Schaap, who co-directed the film with Ben Houser, was at the historic fight and had a week's worth of footage that will be seen by viewers for the first time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...eau-tyson-douglas-fight-deion-sanders-1142918

Those 30 for 30 docs are usually great work but I'm not paying for espn+ just to watch them. If I already pay for espn as part of my cable package i'm not about to pay extra just for that shit. I know it has plenty of other stuff but so far none of seems worth the extra money to me and I believe its only $5 a month.

Those 30 for 30 docs are usually great work but I'm not paying for espn+ just to watch them. If I already pay for espn as part of my cable package i'm not about to pay extra just for that shit. I know it has plenty of other stuff but so far none of seems worth the extra money to me and I believe its only $5 a month.

The new ones still debut on ESPN

Those new features premiering on ESPN include 42 to 1 on Dec. 11, about Buster Douglas' infamous 1990 upset knockout of Mike Tyson at the Tokyo Dome. ESPN's Jeremy Schaap, who co-directed the film with Ben Houser, was at the historic fight and had a week's worth of footage that will be seen by viewers for the first time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...eau-tyson-douglas-fight-deion-sanders-1142918

The Deion Sanders and Buster Douglas one are premiering on espn but the Jr Seau one is premiering only on espn+. Here is the quote from the article you posted "Seau will premiere Sept. 20 exclusively on ESPN+. Geist explains that the documentary is being used to help encourage fans to sign up for the streaming service".

That's petty as shit but its also business. People not signing up for that shit like they thought they would.

https://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-banned-by-uber-goes-bonkers-during-ride--131802

Adrien Broner Banned By Uber, Goes Bonkers During Ride
By TMZ

Former four division world champion Adrien Broner terrorized his Uber driver -- and now he's paying the price ... he's been BANNED from using the app ever again all because he's the passenger from hell, TMZ Sports has learned.

The boxing star captured his out-of-control ride on his own social media earlier this week -- trying to turn up from the backseat when Drake and Travis Scott's hit "Sicko Mode" started playing.

Broner leans over and unleashes a full-throated scream right in the driver's face -- before grabbing the volume knob and turning it to the max.

Then he started wildly dancing -- while the driver tried to focus on driving in the rain.

Finally, the driver has enough, slams on the brakes and pulls the car over -- demanding Broner and his crew get the hell out of the vehicle immediately.

A rep for Uber tells us ... company officials looked into the incident, and decided Broner's behavior was unacceptable and his access to the app has been revoked.

Smh.. What a clown ass nigga...

Back