Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bud Crawford signed a deal with the devil. He already speaking his lanuage "no way you the A side"

As much as I like Bud, errol Spence right..... Bud ain't fighting nothing but bums under that banner...

He might get the Pacquaio fight..... That's about it

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-threatens-sue-top-rank-over-matthysse-fight-more--131686

Pacquiao Threatens to Sue Top Rank Over Matthysse Fight, More
By Keith Idec

The longtime promotional partnership between Manny Pacquiao and Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc. took another negative turn Monday.

Pacquaio announced through his Instagram account that he intends to initiate legal action against Top Rank. According to Pacquiao’s posts, he will sue Top Rank for failing to pay him his portion of the revenue from American streaming rights to his knockout victory over Lucas Matthysse nearly two months ago.

Top Rank streamed the Pacquiao-Matthysse match and part of its undercard live on ESPN+, ESPN’s new app. Arum’s promotional company has an exclusive content deal with ESPN, which was renegotiated into a seven-year partnership earlier this summer.

Pacquiao also charged in his Instagram post that he’ll sue Top Rank and “all other parties” for trying to restrict television and streaming rights to his future fights. British star Amir Khan (33-4, 20 KOs), who’s represented by Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn, is a potential opponent for the Filipino legend’s next fight.

His fight against Matthysse marked the first time Top Rank was not involved in the promotion of a Pacquiao fight in more than a decade-and-a-half. Top Rank served as a distributor for the television/streaming rights to Pacquiao-Matthysse, but the event was co-promoted by Manny Pacquiao Promotions and Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions, which represented the since-retired Matthysse.

Pacquiao-Matthysse took place July 15 at Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was streamed live in the United States on July 14.

The 39-year-old Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KOs) ended a one-year layoff when he knocked out Argentina’s Matthysse (39-5, 36 KOs, 1 NC) in the seventh round to win the WBA world welterweight title.

Here is Pacquiao’s entire post to an Instagram account that has 4.3 million followers:

Congratulations and good luck to @ TRboxing and @ ESPN on your 7-year partnership agreement. I know both of you have been very busy finalizing the deal. However, I have not received the US rights payment for my July 15 fight against Lucas Matthysse that was broadcast on ESPN plus. Therefore, I am initiating legal proceedings against Top Rank and all other parties based on the non-payment and attempt to restrict my future rights. Thank you.

I can't fault Crawford for signing that deal. Right now with Top Rank and ESPN he is the main man for both. They are going to have to give him shit they wouldn't give to others cause he all they got. Crawford signing to Haymon he would be just another nigga on that team. We have to realize just because Crawford signed to Haymon doesn't automatically mean we get the fights we all want to see him in. Haymon already can't make the niggas he got fight each other. No promoter or manager can make a fighter fight somebody he doesn't want to. Crawford ain't ducking nobody IMO by resigning that deal. It was just smart business on Crawford's end nothing more.

If both Spence and Crawford keep doing what they doing that fight is going to happen. Only thing that might fuck it up is it happening to late in their careers like Floyd and Manny regardless of who people blame for that shit happening well after it should have.

IMO Danny Garcia would've pushed the Spence fight off for as long as he could. I think Porter is more willing to face Spence sooner than later. Might not be Porter next fight but I can see it happening in 2019.

If in 2019-early 2020 Spence fights and beats M. Garcia, Porter and Thurman. Crawford can shut the fuck up about that A-side shit he talking right now between him and Spence and who making more money. Arum and Crawford going to have to give in to everything Spence would want to make that fight. It's really nobody Crawford could fight to make a run like that under Top Rank.

Right now that the twitter back and forth along with the fans and media is already building the fight between Spence and Crawford. Spence right now has the advantage over Crawford in who he can fight to build a better resume and legacy until that fight happens though.

kYnamHx.jpg

LLS that is perfect. I know fighters put on weight when they don't have fight but that nigga Davis looked fat as fuck at the fights saturday.

https://www.boxingscene.com/frank-warren-inks-multi-year-content-deal-with-top-rank-espn--131715

Frank Warren Inks Multi-Year Content Deal With Top Rank, ESPN

Multi-year licensing agreement will bring the best events from the UK and Europe to boxing fans in the United States and Canada on the ESPN family of networks.

Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions and Top Rank are proud to announce an exclusive, landmark multi-year licensing agreement that will bring the best events from the United Kingdom and Europe to boxing fans in the United States and Canada.

“We are committed to securing the biggest and best events from around the world,” said Top Rank President Todd duBoef. “Our long-term objective is to showcase global talent and to expose the next generation of boxing stars. Frank Warren is a legend with a keen eye for building talent, and his, elite stable has proven to resonate with North American fans.”

"I am absolutely delighted and honoured to announce this landmark multi-year deal with Top Rank that will see my Promotions going forward feature regularly on the ESPN platforms in the US and Canada. This was a very attractive opportunity to us due to the level of exposure our stable of fighters will benefit from by being showcased by one of, if not, the biggest broadcaster in Sport. Boxers like Terence Crawford and Vasiliy Lomachenko appear on ESPN, and our boxers will be sharing a broadcast home with them going forward. The agreement will open doors for them to get their name known coast to coast in North America and eventually become stars there.” Warren said.

“The level of exposure, consistency of events being shown and our long and valued relationship with Top Rank will ensure this deal will be a huge success for all involved. US Boxing fans tuning in on ESPN can look forward to seeing competitive match-ups featuring some of the UK's finest Boxing talent on a regular basis,” Warren added.

The first show under the agreement will be Warren’s stacked card on Saturday, Oct. 6 at Morningside Arena Leicester in Leicester, England. That main event will feature WBO No. 2 super lightweight contender Jack “El Gato” Catterall (22-0, 12 KOs) against fellow top contender Ohara Davies (18-1, 14 KOs). Two-time Olympic gold medalist Nicola Adams (4-0, 3 KOs) and young heavyweight knockout artist Daniel Dubois (8-0, 8 KOs) will also see action on the bill. Dubois will face his toughest test to date against former world title challenger Kevin Johnson.

Warren, who was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2008, has been promoting cards for nearly 40 years and has one of the sport’s deepest rosters. He has helped turn many of the United Kingdom’s biggest stars into fan favorites across the pond. Ricky Hatton, Nigel Benn, Joe Calzaghe, Prince Naseem Hamed, and Amir Khan all fought under the Warren banner.

https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-spence-2-147-crawford-barely-champion--131733

Thurman: Spence is '2' at 147, Crawford is Barely a Champion!
By Victor Salazar

New York - Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman (28-0, 22 KO’s) has been out of the ring since he defeated Danny Garcia (33-2, 20 KO’s) in March of last year.

Thurman says he suffered a shoulder injury within his camp in preparation for Garcia. He was scheduled to return this year but a hand injury kept him out of the ring even further.

Talking to the media this past Saturday, it seems that a return is imminent.

“In a few weeks, there should be an announcement,” Thurman said. “I’m hoping to get good news from my doctor and then we should hopefully be negotiating a new date. You might hear something you’re going to like.”

Thurman says part of the reason he was out so long because he did not listen to the doctors the second time around when they ordered him to rest.

“When I got back in camp, we injured our hand, its called bone bruising and it put me on the bench,” explained Thurman. “There were times I thought it was feeling quicker and I would spar and it would hurt. The doctor said I’m not going to get better until you rest it. My motto don’t change, I got an 0, I’m not afraid to let it go.”

Thurman says he will come back soon and fight the fighters everyone wants him to fight including Shawn Porter (29-2-1, 17 KO’s) and Errol Spence (24-0, 21 KO’s).

“Most people don’t know shit about boxing and I don’t really enjoy quoting the Mayweathers but it’s real,” stated Thurman. “I haven’t been in the ring in a while and my next fight is going to be a tune-up and a rematch with Porter is a respectable fight. To act like its not a respectable fight is dumb.

“At the end of the day, why do they want Keith and Spence? Number 1 versus number 2. They want to see it. Spence is number 2. He deserves to be number 2, if there wasn’t Keith Thurman, Spence would be number 1. I don’t think Crawford’s fought any welterweight yet. To me he’s barely a champion. That Australian [Jeff Horn] - give me one eye and one arm and I beat him too.”

Thurman: Spence is '2' at 147, Crawford is Barely a Champion!

New York - Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman (28-0, 22 KO’s) has been out of the ring since he defeated Danny Garcia (33-2, 20 KO’s) in March of last year.

Thurman says he suffered a shoulder injury within his camp in preparation for Garcia. He was scheduled to return this year but a hand injury kept him out of the ring even further.

Talking to the media this past Saturday, it seems that a return is imminent.

“In a few weeks, there should be an announcement,” Thurman said. “I’m hoping to get good news from my doctor and then we should hopefully be negotiating a new date. You might hear something you’re going to like.”

Thurman says part of the reason he was out so long because he did not listen to the doctors the second time around when they ordered him to rest.

“When I got back in camp, we injured our hand, its called bone bruising and it put me on the bench,” explained Thurman. “There were times I thought it was feeling quicker and I would spar and it would hurt. The doctor said I’m not going to get better until you rest it. My motto don’t change, I got an 0, I’m not afraid to let it go.”

Thurman says he will come back soon and fight the fighters everyone wants him to fight including Shawn Porter (29-2-1, 17 KO’s) and Errol Spence (24-0, 21 KO’s).

“Most people don’t know shit about boxing and I don’t really enjoy quoting the Mayweathers but it’s real,” stated Thurman. “I haven’t been in the ring in a while and my next fight is going to be a tune-up and a rematch with Porter is a respectable fight. To act like its not a respectable fight is dumb.

“At the end of the day, why do they want Keith and Spence? Number 1 versus number 2. They want to see it. Spence is number 2. He deserves to be number 2, if there wasn’t Keith Thurman, Spence would be number 1. I don’t think Crawford’s fought any welterweight yet. To me he’s barely a champion. That Australian [Jeff Horn] - give me one eye and one arm and I beat him too.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-spence-2-147-crawford-barely-champion--131733?print_friendly=1

I don't think what Thurman said about Crawford was disrespectful but what he said about Jeff Horn! Got damn Horn need to see that man.

Back