Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought @King Du was more paid than that what happened to your money homie .. cot damn.. i took a hard ass hit the other night when serena lost im trying to recoup half that this weekend

Man I want to order the fight just so I don’t have to deal with a shitty stream, but $85 is kind of a lot specially after that bs they pulled the last fight. But FUCK imma have to do it.

Man I want to order the fight just so I don’t have to deal with a shitty stream, but $85 is kind of a lot specially after that bs they pulled the last fight. But FUCK imma have to do it.
hit up a movie theater....

i hit up my uncle, he gotta little home theater jump off in his basement,

we been doing the big fights there for about the last year or so.....but if he ain't come thru, i prolly woulda went to the movies...

Gervonta Davis Arrested Over Street Fight

According to TMZ, WBA super featherweight Gervonta Davis was arrested in Washington D.C. early Friday morning after fighting in the street.

The incident allegedly began at Rosebar Lounge ... where sources say Davis spent more than $10,000 turning up.

One source tells us there was a dispute over the bill that escalated -- and Davis and another man took the beef into the street.

gervonta-davis%20(2)_9.jpg

According to the police report, the two guys started to fist fight -- "punching each other with a closed fist about the upper body."

Several people tried to break it up but the two guys tried to flee -- until cops swooped in and picked them both up.

Both men -- including Davis -- were arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to a nearby station where they were booked and processed.

In a video obtained by TMZ, you can see Davis in handcuffs being walked to a squad car.

Davis (20-0, 19 KOs) has been out of the ring since April, when he blew away Jesus Cuellar.

He was seen at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn last weekend, where he sat ringside for Shawn Porter's win over Danny Garcia. Davis was obviously not in training as he was well over his fighting weight and was grossly out of shape.

Last year in Baltimore, Davis was in hot water over punching a man to the side of the head with a gloved fist at the Upton Boxing Center. The man Anthony Wheeler, claimed a fight broke out between Davis and his brother. Wheeler has alleged that after the boxer’s bodyguard broke up the altercation, Davis came around and “sucker punched me very violently.”

Wheeler said he was knocked out by the punch and afterwards he was diagnosed with a concussion at St. Agnes Hospital. He pressed charges with the District Court Commissioner and Davis was arrested. The charges were eventually dropped after Wheeler refused to further pursue the matter.

Tank og trainer got him home now.

He just posted a pic from today saying they got him now, we good.

He got the same clothes on from the last video, so yea... They had to get homie.

I think this might help get him back on the right track. He can't end up like broner.. Tank could be better than homie if he focuses his craft for real

https://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-mentioning-caveman-ggg-with-hagler-disrespectful--131793

Hopkins: Mentioning 'Caveman' GGG With Hagler Disrespectful
By Keith Idec

LAS VEGAS – Bernard Hopkins readily admits he has “an agenda.”

Not only is the retired legend a partner in the company that promotes Canelo Alvarez, the Mexican icon can prevent Gennady Golovkin from breaking Hopkins’ record for consecutive middleweight title defenses by beating Golovkin on Saturday night. Hopkins recognizes that their rematch should amount to another close fight Saturday night, though, and respects Golovkin’s considerable power.

Where Hopkins draws the proverbial line is when he hears or reads about anyone mentioning Golovkin in the same sentence as Marvin Hagler.

Hopkins’ opinion reflects conventional wisdom, that Hagler is one of the absolute best middleweights in boxing history. He’s not sure if Golovkin even cracks his top 20 historically within the 160-pound division.

“Don’t never mention Marvin Hagler and Triple-G in the same breath,” Hopkins told BoxingScene.com. “It’s disrespectful to Marvin Hagler.”

Hagler was considered boxing’s undisputed middleweight champion from September 1980 until he lost a controversial split decision to “Sugar” Ray Leonard in April 1987. A disgusted Hagler (62-3-2, 52 KOs) never fought again after suffering that debatable defeat to Leonard.

The 36-year-old Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs) tied Hopkins’ record when he produced his 20thstraight defense of the WBA title May 5 by knocking out Vanes Martirosyan in the second round in Carson, California. Hopkins made 20 consecutive defenses of the IBF middleweight title from 1996-2005.

Golovkin’s critics contend that his streak isn’t as legitimate as Hopkins’ mark because Golovkin was one of two middleweight champions the WBA recognized during the early portion of his title reign, along with Germany’s Felix Sturm. Golovkin won only the WBA’s interim middleweight title in August 2010 and wasn’t able to land a fight against Sturm before Strum lost the WBA’s “super” middleweight title by split decision to Australia’s Daniel Geale in September 2012.

Kazakhstan’s Golovkin knocked out Geale, who never defended the WBA’s “super” middleweight title, in the third round of their July 2014 fight at Madison Square Garden.

Hopkins refrained from flat-out saying Golovkin’s championship reign isn’t as authentic as his, yet emphasized that Golovkin isn’t nearly as good as the revered Hagler.

“That must be them millennials saying that,” Hopkins told BoxingScene.com, “because nobody in they right mind – now there’s one thing promoting boxing and promoting the middleweight division, and you can exaggerate a little bit and have some fun. I understand this is a fun time and some conversations that you have, this is what’s called fun. When you say certain things, when you talk about Marvin Hagler and Triple-G, it’s disrespectful to Marvin Hagler.

“When you start talking about is ‘Caveman’ Triple-G and Marvin Hagler in the same voice, it’s disrespectful to Marvin Hagler. It’s not even hype. It comes a point when certain things are just disrespectful. … We’re all having fun. But I know when to not have fun. I know when to cut the fun sh*t out.”

I'm calling it GGG with a 2 knockdowns 12rd UD. A smaller canelo.. I feel he's not 100% mentally going into this one he's going all out but it won't be enough. 12rd UD GGG.

'I’m coming back to fight Manny Pacquiao this year,' said Mayweather, who ran into Pacquiao in Japan according to his Instagram post. 'Another nine-figure payday on the way.'

The verbal jibes between the pair continue as the Filipino reminds Mayweather that he 'has the belts', only for the American to fire back to claims in 2015 about injury in their first fight.

'I don’t want to be hearing "Oh, my shoulder hurts,"' he said.

Back