Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Thanks to sneakdissa and the other nice folks from the terrarium yea party gang or whatever the fuck the call themselves I'm getting caught up on my white ppl movies
Eighth grade. goes hard. 3 thumbs up. Y'all have no idea the struggles teenage white girls go through shirts crazy. Dont mean to get off topic but I was watching some movies where this white girl was told did it hurt when you had your baby. I was so shocked but it had me dying for hours.

Just seent Distorted. [Wack]My nigga John Cusack was in this one. That's the dude who played in the 13th floor. That shit was scary.

Thanks to sneakdissa and the other nice folks from the terrarium yea party gang or whatever the fuck the call themselves I'm getting caught up on my white ppl movies
Eighth grade. goes hard. 3 thumbs up. Y'all have no idea the struggles teenage white girls go through shirts crazy. Dont mean to get off topic but I was watching some movies where this white girl was told did it hurt when you had your baby. I was so shocked but it had me dying for hours.

Just seent Distorted. [Wack]My nigga John Cusack was in this one. That's the dude who played in the 13th floor. That shit was scary.
Mybad it's called 1408. Close enough

Superfly was bad but not anywhere as bad as this Uncle Drew movie im watchin right now

:scust:
Seent uncle drew at the theater. Couldn't escape that L. Kids enjoyed it though. Superfly....I just want to know why they made that trash. I'm dead serious

220px-Terrifier-final-poster.jpg

:hahaha:

Watched this weekend. Wasn't bad but the ending was trash. Going to watch the ending again to see if I missed something. The ending pissed me off for real.
22e120f1c6b20b13689eddd0d8920da840d4095f.jpg

This dude wasn't playing any fucking games in this movie though. Him and his homie was crushing shit
Hold+Dark+NY+Film+Screening+eMF2D6l5DIPl.jpg

Reactions: ChicagoFigure
damn Morgan, i was gonna give this a watch...

is the ending THAT bad? or are you nitpicking?

Ive been slacking updating smh.. with that said
blackkklansman-poster.jpg

BLACKkKLANSMAN

Hell of a film with and equally poignant open and close.. The way he shot certain scenes in the movie was a story in it self with the tight shots. It had hilarious bits in the film also. Also i think this was purposeful how he showed that the women werent just sitting idly by whether they were the freedom fighters or the racist.Its not as fresh on my mind but Spike did the damn thing this film.. Denzels son was great.. I was dying when he was pantomiming his potential nigga moments..

The-First-Purge-720x340.jpg

The First Purge

Saw previews a while back.Im a fan of the series.I was intrigued by the black cast so that made me even more interested.. Finally got around to seeing it this weekend. It had a lot of depth. The premise was ill. Basically they instituted the opportunity to purge in the city targeting black/brown folk. They preyed upon the socio-economic condition.They wanted it one way but it was another way. They tried to apply a racist theory thinking black/brown would be more prone to violence.. They sweetened the deal by offering people money just to stay on the island .. It was fun film like other in the series with this extra layer.

MV5BMTY0OTcxNDQyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzIzOTgwNTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

SICARIO - DAY OF THE SOLDADO

I said this about the first one on the IC
I like how matter of fact they were with this no Bombast no great savior.. it was different in that respect it was just Agents working their case.. and then you have the moment at the end that basically.. signified that you may win battles/ and skirmishes but at the end of the day sadly life goes on as is.. till the next time.. represented in the very last scene with the mom and her son

Again there is no pretense to have a heroic figure.. its just what goes on and that makes this film so endearing. Its basically i have to do what i have to do. Whether its the government, a rogue agent, the mexican cartel and those that live under the thumb of the mexican cartel all making choices that they have to live with

Watched this weekend. Wasn't bad but the ending was trash. Going to watch the ending again to see if I missed something. The ending pissed me off for real.
22e120f1c6b20b13689eddd0d8920da840d4095f.jpg

This dude wasn't playing any fucking games in this movie though. Him and his homie was crushing shit
Hold+Dark+NY+Film+Screening+eMF2D6l5DIPl.jpg
Was into this tho it was kinda slow. Scene with dudes homie the indian was crazy. Still fell asleep toward the end my girl said it was trash as well so i didnt bother finishing

damn Morgan, i was gonna give this a watch...

is the ending THAT bad? or are you nitpicking?

Was into this tho it was kinda slow. Scene with dudes homie the indian was crazy. Still fell asleep toward the end my girl said it was trash as well so i didnt bother finishing

@AP21 See its not just me. My wife hated the ending as well. The movie just ended without a real conclusion. That is why I want to watch the ending over again to see I missed something that actually wrapped it up. Cause if it didn't that ending made no fucking sense what so ever.

@AP21 See its not just me. My wife hated the ending as well. The movie just ended without a real conclusion. That is why I want to watch the ending over again to see I missed something that actually wrapped it up. Cause if it didn't that ending made no fucking sense what so ever.
damn lol

aight...bet

man I started watching some shit with Michael Jai White on Netflix called "blood and bones"

man this shit was so bad LMAO

@Black_Samson, come get ya mans

You better than me I couldn't bring myself to press play
i couldnt sleep and needed some background noise while i was looking for cpu desks on my phone

I didnt wanna put on one of my shows i actually liked to end up not paying attention

I should've known from the opening scene it was gonna be some fuck shit when he was about to get jumped by Kimbo Slice and company

Just watched Smallfoot with my lil homie

Caught a couple naps in the theater

Ive been slacking updating smh.. with that said
blackkklansman-poster.jpg

BLACKkKLANSMAN

Hell of a film with and equally poignant open and close.. The way he shot certain scenes in the movie was a story in it self with the tight shots. It had hilarious bits in the film also. Also i think this was purposeful how he showed that the women werent just sitting idly by whether they were the freedom fighters or the racist.Its not as fresh on my mind but Spike did the damn thing this film.. Denzels son was great.. I was dying when he was pantomiming his potential nigga moments..

The-First-Purge-720x340.jpg

The First Purge

Saw previews a while back.Im a fan of the series.I was intrigued by the black cast so that made me even more interested.. Finally got around to seeing it this weekend. It had a lot of depth. The premise was ill. Basically they instituted the opportunity to purge in the city targeting black/brown folk. They preyed upon the socio-economic condition.They wanted it one way but it was another way. They tried to apply a racist theory thinking black/brown would be more prone to violence.. They sweetened the deal by offering people money just to stay on the island .. It was fun film like other in the series with this extra layer.

MV5BMTY0OTcxNDQyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzIzOTgwNTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

SICARIO - DAY OF THE SOLDADO

I said this about the first one on the IC

Again there is no pretense to have a heroic figure.. its just what goes on and that makes this film so endearing. Its basically i have to do what i have to do. Whether its the government, a rogue agent, the mexican cartel and those that live under the thumb of the mexican cartel all making choices that they have to live with
Dammit

I thought this was the terrarium thread.

Had me thinkin Spike movie came out