Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion Feels Like It's Her Job to Offend 'Emotionally Ignorant' Men

You should be a pioneer and make those threads then my friend. A lot of mess in our community are at the fault of black men who are sheep and lack standards.

I literally JUST JOINED this forum on Friday and I’m already noticing certain patterns with threads and posts that I see here…

Theres a lot of fuckery with black men in our community, especially the BS conscious community which are full of frauds and simp niggas who think everyone is a “King/Queen”. In reality those dudes are just selling a dream and are full of contradictions..

I’m 31 years old so maybe I see things different because I wasn’t raised in the social media world. I come from a time when it was OK to label people based on their associations. No harsh judgement was needed, just an understanding on who people were and where they were coming from. If you were a whore, you were simply a whore. Growing up in Brooklyn I met and KNEW women who would PROUDLY say that they were whores. They were making their money with no shame. Now if I called a regular working chick a whore then that would be a different story. See what I mean? You can blame 90’s rap music for that. Cause niggas was calling EVERY woman a whore and rappers were giving real whores a bad name lol

The shit you see today wasn’t normal 15 years ago. Onlyfans? That shit would’ve been illegal in 2005. I remember when Nelly made Tip Drill and niggas was ready to shut down BET lol

And strippers? You can blame T-Pain and Drake for making it cool to fall in love with strippers. It was the bartenders niggas used to try to holla at not the dancers…times have changed and that’s cool. But definitions shouldn’t.

Nowadays everyone is sensitive and plays “pick & choose” in regards to their beliefs and who they like. And social media makes it SO EASY to manipulate what we see much worse than tv…
ok

You said women rappers get praised for the same things male rappers get bashed for an I presented the counters to that..

If you wanna speak about the negative aspects of their music that gets criticized then just go back one summer ago when Meg and Cardi released WAP and all the fans who have no problem bumping male rappers talking about endless groupies and fucking all of a sudden became puritan church group leaders concerned about the children being exposed to sexually explicit lyrics and videos. The shit was literally being discussed on national news outlets and had politicians commenting on it. Or is that not a high enough level of criticism?

I already provided an example. That was what the whole 2LC comment was about. They almost got banned for making sexually explicit music. No woman rapper has ever been criticized to that degree. Nelly's tip drill video got protested like a cop shooting in ATL. No woman, to my knowledge, has ever received that kind of reaction for anything in Hip Hop. I'm not saying there aren't people who criticize. Megan caught some of that from people like Ben Shapiro, but for the most part WAP was celebrated and most of her critics were clowned. And to say that those people were complaining about WAP but never said anything about male rappers is a lie. The people that complained about WAP are the same people that have traditionally blamed male rappers for all the violence in black neighborhoods.

I believe you to be an honest agent when it comes to discussions, so I'm just going to chalk the things you're saying now up to you maybe forgetting how bad rap has been attacked over the years. Again, it wasn't just pundits filling air time with meaningless drivel discussion. Politicians were actually trying to shut rap down. They created the whole explicit lyrics tagging system and prohibited people from buying certain music based on age specifically because of male Hip Hop artists.

It’s a double standard when it comes to this. it is what it is.

It’s empowering for women to do it. I disagree but that’s the current climate

It’s a double standard when it comes to this. it is what it is.

It’s empowering for women to do it. I disagree but that’s the current climate

that’s exactly what I said in my other post. Social media has made people see things in a twisted way.

No one knows what to call what anymore. And god forbid there’s a meme people see/read they don’t like…

I already provided an example. That was what the whole 2LC comment was about. They almost got banned for making sexually explicit music. No woman rapper has ever been criticized to that degree. Nelly's tip drill video got protested like a cop shooting in ATL. No woman, to my knowledge, has ever received that kind of reaction for anything in Hip Hop. I'm not saying there aren't people who criticize. Megan caught some of that from people like Ben Shapiro, but for the most part WAP was celebrated and most of her critics were clowned. And to say that those people were complaining about WAP but never said anything about male rappers is a lie. The people that complained about WAP are the same people that have traditionally blamed male rappers for all the violence in black neighborhoods.

I believe you to be an honest agent when it comes to discussions, so I'm just going to chalk the things you're saying now up to you maybe forgetting how bad rap has been attacked over the years. Again, it wasn't just pundits filling air time with meaningless drivel discussion. Politicians were actually trying to shut rap down. They created the whole explicit lyrics tagging system and prohibited people from buying certain music based on age specifically because of male Hip Hop artists.

I've written 20-30 pg papers on Hip hop and it's cultural impact before so I'm well aware of the history of male rappers being criticized. I've mentioned on abw before when people make claims about rap criticism reminding people of folks bringing literal steam rollers to destroy rappers cds out of protest. So I'm well aware of this history of the criticism rappers face.

What I'm saying is that women rappers not only face those same critiques from those on the outside but they also deal with the criticisms I previously listed from those within the culture as well which adds another dynamic that male rappers don't face as harshly. Especially when it comes specifically to sexually explicit content. Men rap about how many women they got and the songs become anthems. Women rappers talk about fucking 1 person and they become all kinds of names, bad role models for kids etc. Yes male rappers as a whole get more criticism but when it comes specifically to sexually explicit lyrics those critiques are lobbed at women rappers far more than their male counterparts

lol I guess that ends it. So much for trying to encourage you
I definitely wouldn't use the word encourage to describe whatever it was you were attempting to do but I saw where the convo was going and decided to pull over and find a new destination.

I've written 20-30 pg papers on Hip hop and it's cultural impact before so I'm well aware of the history of male rappers being criticized. I've mentioned on abw before when people make claims about rap criticism reminding people of folks bringing literal steam rollers to destroy rappers cds out of protest. So I'm well aware of this history of the criticism rappers face.

What I'm saying is that women rappers not only face those same critiques from those on the outside but they also deal with the criticisms I previously listed from those within the culture as well which adds another dynamic that male rappers don't face as harshly. Especially when it comes specifically to sexually explicit content. Men rap about how many women they got and the songs become anthems. Women rappers talk about fucking 1 person and they become all kinds of names, bad role models for kids etc. Yes male rappers as a whole get more criticism but when it comes specifically to sexually explicit lyrics those critiques are lobbed at women rappers far more than their male counterparts

I get what you're trying to say, but I can't agree with it. I don't think women get criticized for making sexual songs more than men do. I think the criticism is just different. Women get called sluts for making that music and men get called misogynists. At best I'd say they catch that flack about the same, but I don't know. Lil Kim and Trina made entire careers about talking about how much they suck and fuck, and I think that's actually to the detriment of women rappers because they actually outshined people like Remy, Rah Digga, Brat, etc... who are better rappers and made better music without having to oversexualize themselves. That's a different discussion.

On this topic, I get what you're saying, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

You're full of shit.

I don't know why folks go back and forth with you, you stay posting stupid shit.

I get what you're trying to say, but I can't agree with it. I don't think women get criticized for making sexual songs more than men do. I think the criticism is just different. Women get called sluts for making that music and men get called misogynists. At best I'd say they catch that flack about the same, but I don't know. Lil Kim and Trina made entire careers about talking about how much they suck and fuck, and I think that's actually to the detriment of women rappers because they actually outshined people like Remy, Rah Digga, Brat, etc... who are better rappers and made better music without having to oversexualize themselves. That's a different discussion.

On this topic, I get what you're saying, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

When I read the word misogynist I 100% came to your side of this argument. That word is used so much and so often to male rappers when they make their music.

Women most definitely don’t get that same treatment. They get hate but at the same time they get standing ovations for that type of music in this social media world

Women do not get criticized for making sexual songs more than men do. Women rappers whole careers are made from off of the sexual content that they make.

The most that would ever come out of a situation is, a fan complaining about a woman rapping about sexual content all the time.

That nigga stay spewing out dumb shit

He can't list 10 female rappers that the public tried to ban because of their sexual content or lyrics.

I can see the argument that the criticism is different but it also affects women's careers in different ways. I've yet to hear someone say they're tired of Pusha T still rapping about cocaine for the past 20 years on the same level that after barely a 2 year run people are saying "Damn Meg only talks about sexual shit". Yet would also say they won't listen to her rap unless she's talking about that same sexual shit. So for women rappers it's a double edge sword.

I do agree that on some level Kim and Foxy did do some damage because of the way they were promoted but that's also on us as a culture for supporting it while not also supporting their female counterparts who didn't take such a sexual image on.

Meg, Cardi, Beyonce all rap about doing x, y, and z to men but yet all of them are married or has a bf with a black man.

Meg, Cardi promote hoe activities in their lyrics but want those same men, black men to step up and protect them.

Hoes can't be empowered. Niggas understand this notion but niggas want to change the rules because of what they hear and see come outta these hoes mouths on social media

Back