Welcome To aBlackWeb

im legit shocked at him thinking this was some forced attempt to make females the lead character of a movie to ride a wave

If anything it's probably just what they had left of the Marvel properties they had rights to.

:js4:

Can you talk about how the role came to you in the first place, and what attracted you to it?

"Really what it came down to is I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie. And I remember going home being like, S**t, am I gonna do this? It's kind of everything that I've wanted. I don't do movies based upon any hidden agenda other than I just want more representation and I want to do what I can to bring more representation and to see more colors of what [life is] like. Like, I know my limitations. I know that I'm just one white girl. I'm just trying to do as much as I can within that, within the framework of my body."

https://www.etonline.com/brie-larso...ls-big-feminist-action-movie-set-visit-114994

told you.gif

Can you talk about how the role came to you in the first place, and what attracted you to it?

"Really what it came down to is I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie. And I remember going home being like, S**t, am I gonna do this? It's kind of everything that I've wanted. I don't do movies based upon any hidden agenda other than I just want more representation and I want to do what I can to bring more representation and to see more colors of what [life is] like. Like, I know my limitations. I know that I'm just one white girl. I'm just trying to do as much as I can within that, within the framework of my body."

https://www.etonline.com/brie-larso...ls-big-feminist-action-movie-set-visit-114994

View attachment 101475

man, go home titan lol

check ya account btw

View attachment 101475

tenor.gif

and we already know the feminist movement ain't giving two fucks about Black women.

this why we shouldnt talk about movies months before they come out

i hate some of ya'll

this why we shouldnt talk about movies months before they come out

i hate some of ya'll

truth hurts, don't it?

Ya'll couldn't spot the SJW agenda at work despite niggas pointing it out to you. Now they're actually saying that was the plan all along and it's "we shouldnt talk about movies months before they come out"?

tenor.gif

truth hurts, don't it?

Ya'll couldn't spot the SJW agenda at work despite niggas pointing it out to you. Now they're actually saying that was the plan all along and it's "we shouldnt talk about movies months before they come out"?

tenor.gif

you know what this proves?

that ya'll just some miserable people

i'ma still go see this b/c i want to see how everything lines up for endgame

you know what this proves?

that ya'll just some miserable people

i'ma still go see this b/c i want to see how everything lines up for endgame

nah, it just proves that the world ain't the place you believe it is.

Saying that we're miserable people is a deflection. We understand the world, how it works, and can move within it. We can spot the bullshit from a distance while y'all can't figure it out until someone smears it under your nose. Y'all want the world to be one way, but when confronted with the truth y'all can't handle the shit, so somehow we're the miserable folks.

Nah b, take the L on this. The roadmap was laid out by myself, Deadeye, and others in the thread that could see this for what it is. You willfully chose to ignore it and fell off in a ditch.

nah, it just proves that the world ain't the place you believe it is.

Saying that we're miserable people is a deflection. We understand the world, how it works, and can move within it. We can spot the bullshit from a distance while y'all can't figure it out until someone smears it under your nose. Y'all want the world to be one way, but when confronted with the truth y'all can't handle the shit, so somehow we're the miserable folks.

Nah b, take the L on this. The roadmap was laid out by myself, Deadeye, and others in the thread that could see this for what it is. You willfully chose to ignore it and fell off in a ditch.

Take an L?

ok man, you got me...

still going to see the movie tho...

Take an L?

ok man, you got me...

still going to see the movie tho...

I never said I wasn't going to see it. My gripe is going with the blond white hoe instead of the strong Black woman that led the team, lost her powers, fought with them as they slowly came back, led the team several times more even with her abilities diminished, and was conceded to be more worthy of the title "Captain Marvel" by Genis Vell after fighting alongside her.

I never said I wasn't going to see it. My gripe is going with the blond white hoe instead of the strong Black woman that led the team, lost her powers, fought with them as they slowly came back, led the team several times more even with her abilities diminished, and was conceded to be more worthy of the title "Captain Marvel" by Genis Vell after fighting alongside her.

i think you thinking way too deep about it tbh

now had they just axed "photon" altogether or made her white, then i would side with you in this discussion, but we dont know what they have planned for the future though

View attachment 101475

I dont give a shit that they chose the female version. Brie just doesnt seem to capture the role from what Ive seen.

tenor.gif

You wasn't worried bout some feminist shit. Your ass was already judging her role b4 you even seen the fukn movie.

I'm trying to find the issue folks are having with this shit. @The Lonious Monk already said.. the MCU is mainly based offa 616 and Ultimate versions of characters where Carol Danvers is featured heavily.. hell wasn't she one of the main muhfuckas in Civil War 2.. maybe they are setting shit up...

What's the real issue here? Marvel has from jump been making movies and trying to hit as many demographics as they can. Why is it a problem when they try to make a movie that features a woman as the lead?

I'm trying to find the issue folks are having with this shit. @The Lonious Monk already said.. the MCU is mainly based offa 616 and Ultimate versions of characters where Carol Danvers is featured heavily.. hell wasn't she one of the main muhfuckas in Civil War 2.. maybe they are setting shit up...

What's the real issue here? Marvel has from jump been making movies and trying to hit as many demographics as they can. Why is it a problem when they try to make a movie that features a woman as the lead?
they up in here acting like Mattel making a movie about He Man being a woman and calling it She Man

Monica's history as leader of the Avengers under the name Captain Marvel makes for a better fit. As of right now the Avengers are in complete disarray. Having her step in as Captain Marvel, pulling them back together, and leading the charge against Thanos makes more sense, IMO, than Carol Danvers coming out of nowhere because Nick Fury used his intergalactic SkyPager before being dusted.

Carol has led Avengers teams too, and more recently. Also, Monica would basically be coming out of nowhere too since she's not an established character yet.

Carol has led Avengers teams too, and more recently. Also, Monica would basically be coming out of nowhere too since she's not an established character yet.

I also think Marvel may want to bring in Kamala Khan at some point...

from what i've read Kamala really looks up to Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel so that's more setup being done as well IMO

Back