Deadeye acting like they just turned the Captain marvel character into a woman out of thin air

They are taking this directly from the comic and iirc she just had a comic reboot within the last ten years

The fact that you feel some type of way they didn't go with the male iteration of this character is unsettling

Last edited:
https://nerdbot.com/2019/01/10/capt...6xt5cNcuFot00sGGTExRdszyNEpyR365HElRuotr4xmOo

Captain Marvel’ in Top 3 For The MCU After Only One Day of Ticket Sales

Looks like the early interest is there if we are to go by early ticket sales. Looking like it won't be the financial failure some of you seem to be hoping for.

Now we wait to see just how good of a movie it is.
Goddamn thats crazy. Wonder if its mainly from the ladies or if the marvel movie fans in general are excited for it.

I typically take the day off of work to go see the comicbook movies. I'm definitely gonna see this in theaters, but I think ill save the PTO and go see it early on Saturday or Sunday.

Reactions: BDP™️
Deadeye acting like they just turned the Captain marvel character into a woman out of thin air

They are taking this directly from the comic and iirc she just had a comic reboot within the last ten years

The bolded is exactly how I felt when I saw the trailer.

I already said a few posts back that.......when I was reading comics back in the day......there was only Captain Marvel (a man) and Ms. Marvel (a woman).

This is my first time hearing about a female being Captain Marvel instead of Ms. Marvel.

Having said all that, it doesn't change the fact that Captain Marvel was originally a male character.

So it's no coincidence that they decided to go with the female version instead of the male version.

Fairly obvious that there's some type of social agenda at play.......regardless of whether or not any of you are willing to acknowledge it.

https://nerdbot.com/2019/01/10/capt...6xt5cNcuFot00sGGTExRdszyNEpyR365HElRuotr4xmOo

Captain Marvel’ in Top 3 For The MCU After Only One Day of Ticket Sales

Looks like the early interest is there if we are to go by early ticket sales. Looking like it won't be the financial failure some of you seem to be hoping for.

Now we wait to see just how good of a movie it is.

Impressive, but meaningless if the ticket sales don't meet or exceed the costs of production, marketing, and promotion.

Time will tell I suppose.

Wrong on all counts.

It's not about any of that.

Didn't know any of this.

When I was reading comics...........mid-70's-mid 80's.........the only Marvels were Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel.

Don't recall what their real names were either, so unless Carol and Monica were Ms Marvels.........they must've come along after I stopped reading comics.

So, when I see a trailer for a Captain Marvel movie with a female playing that role.........it's not a big stretch for me to assume that it's part of the same line of thinking that produced the Ghostbusters and Ocean's 8 foolishness.

Not just because it's a female lead, but because the trailer doesn't look promising.......and because the female playing Captain Marvel doesn't seem like she's meshing into the role at all.

I would've had the same opinion about the movie possibly being a flop if there was a male character playing the role and I got the same vibe.

Obviously the SJW angle wouldn't have come into play, but.........based on the previews I've seen.........this movie has the potential to be a huge fail for the Marvel Universe.

Monica was Captain Marvel for a while starting in 1982, so she was Captain Marvel for a short time while you were still reading. Phyla, the other chick, and Carol probably came along after you stopped, but all of them had that title before the SJW wave came along.

Impressive, but meaningless if the ticket sales don't meet or exceed the costs of production, marketing, and promotion.

Time will tell I suppose.
why do you want this movie to fail so bad lol

every comment is "well, thats good"...followed by "but"

stop acting like this fucking with your childhood

gawd forbid little girls out there want to see a superhero as a woman on the big screen

Monica was Captain Marvel for a while starting in 1982, so she was Captain Marvel for a short time while you were still reading. Phyla, the other chick, and Carol probably came along after you stopped, but all of them had that title before the SJW wave came along.

Gonna have to go in the attic and dust off my comic collection, because I don't remember any of that.

why do you want this movie to fail so bad lol

every comment is "well, thats good"...followed by "but"

stop acting like this fucking with your childhood

gawd forbid little girls out there want to see a superhero as a woman on the big screen

I wasn't impressed with the trailer.

And I have reason to believe it's due to them choosing to go with the female version of Captain Marvel to push some sort of social agenda.

Like I said earlier, most girls aren't into this kinda shit anyway.

So it really doesn't make sense to try and push this agenda and put out an inferior product in the process.

This is just dumb.

1. she's a woman in the comics and I'm not a comic reader but I do know that they have switched genders for established characters a few times.

2. Did you have that same felling bout Nick Fury.

It's not that cut and dry:

Captain Marvel started out male; Mar-Vell. He died of cancer in the early 80's and it was a pretty huge event ending with Thanos basically guiding him to the afterlife.
Monica takes up the name and eventually leads the Avengers.
Monica loses her powers, regains them, and gives up the name to Genis-Vell, son of Mar-Vell after fighting by his side.
Genis goes insane and destroys, then recreates the universe. His "sister", Phyla-Vell tries to take over the name but Genis keeps it.

Carol Danvers has been known as Ms Marvel, Binary, and Warbird. Only very recently has she taken up the name Captain Marvel. This is the same broad that Rogue permanently drained and got her abilities from. She was altered by the Brood and became Binary, loses the majority of her power and switched her name to Warbird, then falls back on Ms Marvel again. Eventually she just hijacks the name Captain Marvel and now we're here.

The issue I have with it is that they skipped over the first iterations of Captain Marvel to give us a blond white woman with the name and this, to me, was a clear shot at appeasing the SJW crowd.

With the Avengers in a state of disarray, it would have been perfect to have Monica step in and pull the team back together. Her abilities and cosmic awareness (though not on the level of Mar Vell's) would have been enough to make for an interesting flick. But, we already had a "Black hero" with Black Panther, so that wasn't going to work at all because, as we know, the crowd they're going after doesn't give a shit about Black women.

At one point the original Captain Marvel was one of the most powerful heroes known, and one of the very few with a cosmic level of awareness, something that would obviously aid him in a fight with Thanos, but we already have plenty of white male heroes. Even still, having him switch places with Rick Jones for three hours at a time could have been made interesting in the right hands and would have beat DC to the punch with an somewhat similar storyline in Shazam.

This leaves us with Genis and/or Phyla, and truthfully the MCU needs to be fully merged with the rest of the properties in order to make sense of those two.

The first two would have been better choices in my opinion with Monica being the obvious choice condiering her background as an Avenger.

Deadeye mad cause Danvers aint the damsel in distress he grew up reading about.

Well... If you knew how she acted in the current comics you'd be even more pissed.

Danvers is a ball busting yes man, that cant think for herself, and lives to follow orders.

I personally hope they do not go that route with her, I have my doubts due to how close Rousey was to landing the role, and being a block of wood with a screwface is definately a superpower Danvers and Rousey both share.

It's not that cut and dry:

Captain Marvel started out male; Mar-Vell. He died of cancer in the early 80's and it was a pretty huge event ending with Thanos basically guiding him to the afterlife.
Monica takes up the name and eventually leads the Avengers.
Monica loses her powers, regains them, and gives up the name to Genis-Vell, son of Mar-Vell after fighting by his side.
Genis goes insane and destroys, then recreates the universe. His "sister", Phyla-Vell tries to take over the name but Genis keeps it.

Carol Danvers has been known as Ms Marvel, Binary, and Warbird. Only very recently has she taken up the name Captain Marvel. This is the same broad that Rogue permanently drained and got her abilities from. She was altered by the Brood and became Binary, loses the majority of her power and switched her name to Warbird, then falls back on Ms Marvel again. Eventually she just hijacks the name Captain Marvel and now we're here.

The issue I have with it is that they skipped over the first iterations of Captain Marvel to give us a blond white woman with the name and this, to me, was a clear shot at appeasing the SJW crowd.

With the Avengers in a state of disarray, it would have been perfect to have Monica step in and pull the team back together. Her abilities and cosmic awareness (though not on the level of Mar Vell's) would have been enough to make for an interesting flick. But, we already had a "Black hero" with Black Panther, so that wasn't going to work at all because, as we know, the crowd they're going after doesn't give a shit about Black women.

At one point the original Captain Marvel was one of the most powerful heroes known, and one of the very few with a cosmic level of awareness, something that would obviously aid him in a fight with Thanos, but we already have plenty of white male heroes. Even still, having him switch places with Rick Jones for three hours at a time could have been made interesting in the right hands and would have beat DC to the punch with an somewhat similar storyline in Shazam.

This leaves us with Genis and/or Phyla, and truthfully the MCU needs to be fully merged with the rest of the properties in order to make sense of those two.

The first two would have been better choices in my opinion with Monica being the obvious choice condiering her background as an Avenger.

Fam, im pretty sure most of the people in here knew this

and by knew, i mean they were somewhat familiar with it

my point, along with everyone else's sans Deadeye, is "SO WHAT THEY USED THE FEMALE ITERATION OF THE CHARACTER?"

Deadeye is hellbent on trying to suggest they are pushing some forced agenda to appease women demo when that's the furthest thing from it

he is more than welcome to have his opinion about the trailer provided his expectations are tempered. If you didnt think the trailer was impressive...cool, but at this point, if you dont like the person chose, then maybe the issue is with this particular character they chose to make a movie about vs the iteration. In other words, maybe there should've been another Marvel character like Adam Warlock they should've introduced instead of Captain Marvel (Male or Female version)