Fam, im pretty sure most of the people in here knew this

and by knew, i mean they were somewhat familiar with it

my point, along with everyone else's sans Deadeye, is "SO WHAT THEY USED THE FEMALE ITERATION OF THE CHARACTER?"

Deadeye is hellbent on trying to suggest they are pushing some forced agenda to appease women demo when that's the furthest thing from it

he is more than welcome to have his opinion about the trailer provided his expectations are tempered. If you didnt think the trailer was impressive...cool, but at this point, if you dont like the person chose, then maybe the issue is with this particular character they chose to make a movie about vs the iteration. In other words, maybe there should've been another Marvel character like Adam Warlock they should've introduced instead of Captain Marvel (Male or Female version)

So basically yall saying he'd shut up for a Namor movie?

Pffffthahahahahahah

my point, along with everyone else's sans Deadeye, is "SO WHAT THEY USED THE FEMALE ITERATION OF THE CHARACTER?"

Deadeye is hellbent on trying to suggest they are pushing some forced agenda to appease women demo when that's the furthest thing from it

he is more than welcome to have his opinion about the trailer provided his expectations are tempered. If you didnt think the trailer was impressive...cool, but at this point, if you dont like the person chose, then maybe the issue is with this particular character they chose to make a movie about vs the iteration. In other words, maybe there should've been another Marvel character like Adam Warlock they should've introduced instead of Captain Marvel (Male or Female version)

Exactly. Captain Marvel been in the works since at least 2013. Long before some "feminist agenda".

In fact they had plans to put her in Age of Ultron but they scrapped it.

Reactions: AP2.5
Exactly. Captain Marvel been in the works since at least 2013. Long before some "feminist agenda".

In fact they had plans to put her in Age of Ultron but they scrapped it.

The SJW agenda started in 2014.

And Holly Holm's saved us from that AOU Capt Marvel. Look at the dates...

Why wouldn't they use a female version of the character? A male hasn't been Captain Marvel for the long time (aside from some very brief takes). On top of that, most of the MCU characters are mish mashes of more modern 616 takes on the characters and Ultimate Universe versions (hence why Sam L is Nick Fury). It honestly makes no sense to argue that Captain Marvel should be Mar-vell. He hasn't had that mantle for decades. If it wasn't Carol, it probably would have been Phyla Veil, since she had that role during Annihilation, which was one of the most popular cosmic storylines in recent years and she has a strong connection with the GotG which give grounds for more crossovers or a change in the team lineup if they wanted.

The SJW agenda started in 2014.

And Holly Holm's saved us from that AOU Capt Marvel. Look at the dates...

Got that saved on my computer.

When ever I have a bad day, that left kick just left my spirits

Nunes one as well. Tho the ref was a punk for not letting Nunes fully drop her ass.

Got that saved on my computer.

When ever I have a bad day, that left kick just left my spirits

Nunes one as well. Tho the ref was a punk for not letting Nunes fully drop her ass.

Yeah she would have been a horrible captain marvel.

You seen mile 22?

Both her and marky mark fucked up an otherwise great peter berg movie.

Reactions: Bender Rodriguez
Yeah she would have been a horrible captain marvel.

You seen mile 22?

Both her and marky mark fucked up an otherwise great peter berg movie.

Nah. I haven't seen it. I'll probably catch it on HBO/Showtime or something.

Only thing I seen her in was the Entourage movie and even playing herself she was bland AF.

Why wouldn't they use a female version of the character? A male hasn't been Captain Marvel for the long time (aside from some very brief takes). On top of that, most of the MCU characters are mish mashes of more modern 616 takes on the characters and Ultimate Universe versions (hence why Sam L is Nick Fury). It honestly makes no sense to argue that Captain Marvel should be Mar-vell. He hasn't had that mantle for decades. If it wasn't Carol, it probably would have been Phyla Veil, since she had that role during Annihilation, which was one of the most popular cosmic storylines in recent years and she has a strong connection with the GotG which give grounds for more crossovers or a change in the team lineup if they wanted.

Given the current state of the MCU's Avengers, the most obvious choice would have been Monica Rambeau, not Carol Danvers. But they already gave us a Black hero in Black Panther. Now it's time to appease white women 'cause they want a hero they can call their own and they're giving it to them.

Given the current state of the MCU's Avengers, the most obvious choice would have been Monica Rambeau, not Carol Danvers. But they already gave us a Black hero in Black Panther. Now it's time to appease white women 'cause they want a hero they can call their own and they're giving it to them.
Not you too brah lol

my beef is that they used the WRONG female version of the character based on the characters in the comics.

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't see why Monica would have been the more obvious choice. If anything, Monica has more established herself as Photon, so it makes more sense to bring her to the MCU under that moniker.

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't see why Monica would have been the more obvious choice. If anything, Monica has more established herself as Photon, so it makes more sense to bring her to the MCU under that moniker.

Monica's history as leader of the Avengers under the name Captain Marvel makes for a better fit. As of right now the Avengers are in complete disarray. Having her step in as Captain Marvel, pulling them back together, and leading the charge against Thanos makes more sense, IMO, than Carol Danvers coming out of nowhere because Nick Fury used his intergalactic SkyPager before being dusted.

Let that crowd have their hero I say, but still deliver a good movie.

FYI I'm not certain how much influence Abigail Disney has, but she's definitely what some view as a "SJW", so something like this was probably inevitable.

Monica's history as leader of the Avengers under the name Captain Marvel makes for a better fit. As of right now the Avengers are in complete disarray. Having her step in as Captain Marvel, pulling them back together, and leading the charge against Thanos makes more sense, IMO, than Carol Danvers coming out of nowhere because Nick Fury used his intergalactic SkyPager before being dusted.

The thing is that the film takes places in the 80's... or 90's I think. It would not be hard to believably allow her to gain that cosmic awareness in the time leading up to Endgame. The question is whether or not they can write it properly. A trivial matter, but still one that they could fuck up I'll admit.

Last edited:
The thing is that the film takes places in the 80's... or 90's I think. It would not be hard to believably allow her to gain that cosmic awareness in the time leading up to Endgame. The question is whether or not they can write it properly. A trivial matter, but still one that they could fuck up I'll admit.

Carol Danvers doesn't have cosmic awareness, she's got heightened awareness akin to Spider Man's.

Did they say anywhere that Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel was going to do this?

Last we saw Captain America and Iron Man were both still alive.. and both were respective leaders of the Avengers.... soooo why would she need to pull everyone back together? Everyone except for Iron Man and Nebula are all on Earth..

Last edited:
Reactions: AP2.5
Did they say anywhere that Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel was going to do this?

Last we saw Captain America and Iron Man were both still alive.. and both were respective leaders of the Avengers.... soooo why would she need to pull everyone back together? Everyone except for Iron Man and Gommora are all on Earth..
this