Welcome To aBlackWeb

lol @ it being a comic book movie in name only. The main character spends half his time dress up like a panther doing superhuman shit. It's a comic book movie. It just happens to be one that breaks the mold.
Thats how i viewed it. I could go more in depth about why, but the other thread was already ruined with the back and bs and im not going to do it here.

Great movie. Probably my favorite marvel movie I’ve seen.

Not much else to say until we can talk spoilers.

Movie theatre was packed. I’ll probably try and see it again on Sunday.

what you thinkin
the vibranium asteroid is the soul stone. Been there for centuries and klau said the amount of tech the wakandans have barely scratches the surface of its capabilities. Hiding in plain site. Could be reaching with this part but a dead giveaway for me was the fact that the country is hidden by a forest. Inside the forest is what wakanda really is (soul) also look at the infinity war trailers.

They're in wakanda fighting, thanos launching chunks of mountains at niggas which could be part of a scene where hes destroying the moutain to get to the asteroid. Thats what i think anyway.

I'm glad the reviews are positive.

The hype was approaching untouchable levels

only gripe i had with the movie was michonne and the get out nigga relationship. It was mentioned once in the beginning and in the final fight scene. It didn't really serve a purpose other than trying to make their last scene together have some type of impact, which it didn't.

4.5/5

Best Marvel so far. Very refreshing. You can read between the lines with a lot of the dialogue. I chuckled when she called dude a "colonizer". I'd definitely say it's worth the hype now. Lot of memorable characters. His sister is probably my favorite. Very creative use of the soul gem.

Action scenes weren't all that to me. They're not bad, just not jaw dropping. Very story driven movie to be honest, the focus was definitely on the characters. Combat was more of a tool than the draw, the car chase is about as action eye candy as it gets.

The fight choreography would be my only gripe but it isn't really cause it's still good.
It's just that I'm a comic book head and expect a lot because hand to hand not captain merica, not batman is on t'challas level

Movie did such a good job of showcasing the panthers/wakandan world, that was more impressive than any other marvel movie and their mc.

Technology wise nobodys fuckin with em, tony stark would faint.

Story is dope and if you're black some things definitely hit a little harder.

One thing that bothers me now is the fact that as great as this movie was, the sequel is guaranteed to be a popcorn action flick. Marvel and Disney handled this movie with real care to get black people to watch. Knowing they have fanbase who will watch a black superhero movie on the same level as Captain america (early numbers suggest 190-200 million opening weekend) they can really go for the money even if it sacrifices some of what made this movie what it is.
This sounds ridiculous.

What makes you think this is going to happen?

Reactions: GNS
I can't count how many times I took a second to pause and think "I can't believe Disney made a film like this." It's the same feeling I got knowing a record label like Interscope put out an album called To Pimp A Butterfly. It's so radically different and character centric from other comic book adaptations.

My expectations were high based on where we have been culturally for the greater part of this decade and Ryan Coogler really swung for the fences. As a film, it's really good. As a comic book adaptation, it's damn near flawless. It's so good, I walked out of the theater not even thinking of where it ranked among superhero films, but the themes woven into it.

Last thing, if you're one of those people complaining about the heightened potential that this film has in making a cultural impact, kindly shut the fuck up. I am sure that the vast majority of people who see this will be less concerned with who's wearing what and much more with the messages summarized in The first post credits scene.

This sounds ridiculous.

What makes you think this is going to happen?

Mainly because of Disney. I just feel like they had to let this movie be made the way it is to get black people to show up. The way they treated white people in this film, you think they won't cater to them next in the sequel?

It was a really good movie loved the depth and layers you can take from different parts of the movie. Huge step for the black culture. Alot of Lion King vibes too where I expected Mufasa to form in the clouds and talk. Lol

I don't think it was the greatest marvel movie but still a top level film It's def top 3, and for sure the best introduction movie for a solo marvel character film.

Back