Welcome To aBlackWeb

Malik Yoba at the Breakfast Club addressing Trans Issues

But the trans person ain’t asking to be called something that’s offensive tho? They not sayin yo address me as bitch?

To many addressing a biological male with female pronouns or a biological female with male pronouns is offensive; that's why they have such a problem with it.

The bolded example doesn't work, because in that scenario we'd be talking about the LEGAL definition of force. But as far as the tax question, yes, correct.

See what I mean, in terms of disagreeing on fundamental things that prevent us from ever agreeing on the topic at hand?

I was asking your opinion on if it's force. The legal definition does also seem relevant though since one thing we're discussing is laws. Ok, so let's try this. Would you say legally some places are forcing people to use those terms?

Ya, we have lots of fundamental differences I see.

I know they not the same bro. But calling somebody what they respectfully want to be called hurts whom? Like why intentionally be a dick about it? Then further complain when people don’t take that POV on it?

That's an idiotic argument and always has been. It doesn't have to "hurt" anyone. But since you brought it up, I have to ask: What does it hurt to address a biological male or female with the correct pronouns that correspond to those sexes?

That's an idiotic argument and always has been. It doesn't have to "hurt" anyone. But since you brought it up, I have to ask: What does it hurt to address a biological male or female with the correct pronouns that correspond to those sexes?

They’re offended simply put. And really what dude gets offended that somebody asks to be called a dude? Seems petty af

And they deserve it. So because their personal belief does not roll with something they should be allowed to disrespect based off not liking it. It’s a job it ain’t about your politics. They knew wtf they signed up for and knew the consequences

That man was old. It wasn't like that when he signed up. And how was the teacher disrespectful? The kid changed their name and gender, and the teacher had no problem calling them the new name, and not calling them the gender they didn't feel they align with. That's disrespect, and disrespectful enough to lose his job?

Shits is some Mr Fantastic/Plastic Man level of reaching.

It’s wasn’t a comparison. An example. Cuz all the arguments y’all use are “well it was this way when I came up foh” that’s literally y’all point. It’s a silly one. Y’all pretty much saying it’s ok to disrespect people. But wouldn’t allow it to happen to you with something you take seriously. They obviously take it serious. So I don’t see why the need to just say fuck it.

If I'm being honest. I think it's very telling that so many of y'all are willing to dedicate so much time, effort, energy and words to NOT referring to people the way they'd like you to refer to them.

And even more telling that so few of you niggas are either willing or able to mount any sort of logical argument against it besides 'I don't like it', 'its' weird', 'I shouldn't have to', etc.

It’s wasn’t a comparison. An example. Cuz all the arguments y’all use are “well it was this way when I came up foh” that’s literally y’all point. It’s a silly one. Y’all pretty much saying it’s ok to disrespect people. But wouldn’t allow it to happen to you with something you take seriously. They obviously take it serious. So I don’t see why the need to just say fuck it.

"woman" is a colloquialism used to describe an adult human female just as "man" is used to describe an adult human male.

That's literally NOT my point. Words mean things, and pronouns and other descriptive words have meanings all rooted in the sex of an individual, not their "gender". "Gender" as applied to humans is a concept only 50-60 years old while the pronouns and shit that we use predate the notion that gender could be applied to anything other than language.

They’re offended simply put. And really what dude gets offended that somebody asks to be called a dude? Seems petty af

Where do you draw the line? If your coworker John Johnson decided he wants to be called Dr. Johnson because he truly feels he knows as much as a doctor... you gonna start calling him Dr Johnson?

If I'm being honest. I think it's very telling that so many of y'all are willing to dedicate so much time, effort, energy and words to NOT referring to people the way they'd like you to refer to them.

And even more telling that so few of you niggas are either willing or able to mount any sort of logical argument against it besides 'I don't like it', 'its' weird', 'I shouldn't have to', etc.

y'alls argument for it is as flimsy as wet toilet paper.

"'cause they want you to"

Wet-toilet-Paper.png

Back