Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lupe vs Royce: We finally have ourselves a rap battle. Rd 1 songs dropped

I get his point. Not to say I agree with him, but I get it.

Some people have a very low tolerance of what is for play and what isnt, especially in public.

Like Royce dropped a record primarily focused on proving he could rap better than Lupe. A light jab or two, but nothing personal.

Lupe came out with all the disrespect and even wished death on Royce.

As much as I loved Lupes diss and think he won round 1, i said a ton of times in here that idk why Lupe went so hard.

I really understand where Royce is coming from because me and him are real similar in this. My line of what I think is disrespect is real thin and Im liable to flip on a mfer over what most might consider jokes.

Its a bad personality trait and one Im working to change.

So im not saying I agree with Royce, Im just saying I feel where he is coming from. Cause if I came out with a track where its all competition and you came out calling me a perpetual sidekick and wished death on me, im confused as fuck like I aint sign up for this. But we in public and now I gotta respond to keep face.

This is a very good point

i'm glad this happened THAT way & not on stage if Royce would have ever decided to battle rap. He would have ruined an event bc niggas would have disrespected him worse than Lupe
As nasty as battle rap gets, Lupe ruthlessly critiqued everything about Royce. Everything. Even positive things about Royce.

I get his point. Not to say I agree with him, but I get it.

Some people have a very low tolerance of what is for play and what isnt, especially in public.

Like Royce dropped a record primarily focused on proving he could rap better than Lupe. A light jab or two, but nothing personal.

Lupe came out with all the disrespect and even wished death on Royce.

As much as I loved Lupes diss and think he won round 1, i said a ton of times in here that idk why Lupe went so hard.

I really understand where Royce is coming from because me and him are real similar in this. My line of what I think is disrespect is real thin and Im liable to flip on a mfer over what most might consider jokes.

Its a bad personality trait and one Im working to change.

So im not saying I agree with Royce, Im just saying I feel where he is coming from. Cause if I came out with a track where its all competition and you came out calling me a perpetual sidekick and wished death on me, im confused as fuck like I aint sign up for this. But we in public and now I gotta respond to keep face.
Yeah, cause I think Royce was responding to the freestyle. Lupe brought a gun to the fist fight; but there was never an agreement on what kind of fight it would be.

I think this is probably one of the harshest disses I've heard the way he shitted on everything about Royce. I guess that's how nasty "nerds" get lol.

Royce not offing lupe head because he thought they were cooler than what they are. That's where the disrespect comes in. He didn't expect that from a so call friend. Especially when that type of energy wasn't there prior

Was he acting like one ?
Again, don't call another man a bitch then throw your hands back and be surprised he didn't take too kindly to being called a bitch.

If he was really feeling some type of way during a recording, stop recording, iron the shit out and then back to recording.

Royce not offing lupe head because he thought they were cooler than what they are. That's where the disrespect comes in. He didn't expect that from a so call friend. Especially when that type of energy wasn't there prior
Friend? From my understanding they really only talked online and he shouldn't have called him a bitch, to some that's the ultimate disrespect and to add Royce got tight over a freestyle that Lupe said wasn't even about him (it was for Lux) and he came with the initial diss

It was White Backpacker rap, I couldn't fuck with it either.

Just a bunch of bars with weak hooks over annoying beats.

On the other hand of this bullshit.

Lupe and Royce were just internet friends and I don't see a reason why Lupe or Royce should apologize to each other if they really feel like there's real tension behind everything.

Just rap.

Then months later you can be respectful of each other.

Or don't rap and keep it moving.

LOL@ being in a thread that involves Lupe and calling Slaughterhouse white backpacker rap.

When one of those artists actually made a song bout fukn skateboarding.

:foh5:.....FOH

Again, don't call another man a bitch then throw your hands back and be surprised he didn't take too kindly to being called a bitch.

If he was really feeling some type of way during a recording, stop recording, iron the shit out and then back to recording.
4:25 is a direct shot at royce, at what point was that freestyle about lux??

4:25 is a direct shot at royce, at what point was that freestyle about lux??
The fact that pointing out a bar 4 min into the song should tell you that even if THAT part was about Royce, the rest if the song wasn't

I would love to see Slaughterhouse reunite too, but not like this….

They didn’t Voltron up to help out Joe when Raekwon’s goons swole his eye up, and when half the Wu was on his ass….why do it now?

If Royce gets help to deal with Mickey, it should be someone outside the SH camp.

LOL@ being in a thread that involves Lupe and calling Slaughterhouse white backpacker rap.

When one of those artists actually made a song bout fukn skateboarding.

:foh5:.....FOH

Slaughterhouse is what 15 year old to 30 year old White dudes called "Real Hip Hop" in 2008.

There's levels to backpack rap.

You got Joey Badass and Pro Era that was trying to create a 90s NY revivalist sound.

You got Lupe Fiasco based his style on heavy metaphors and storytelling and was able to crossover into Pop.

You got the Cool Kids, which is all about being cool. A precursor to Currensy.

You have College Drop Out Ye and Lil Brother, with an emphasis on Soul and conscious everyday relatable bars.

Then you got shit like Slaughterhouse, which is peak White Boy Rap, where rappers rap for the sake of rapping. The more rhymes you can cram into a verse, the better it is. It's "Real Hip Hop". No matter how unmusical it sounds. Which is just a reaction to newer styles of rapping that old fucks and nerds despised.

Slaughterhouse is what 15 year old to 30 year old White dudes called "Real Hip Hop" in 2008.

You got Joey Badass and Pro Era that was trying to create a 90s NY revivalist sound.

You got Lupe Fiasco based his style on heavy metaphors and storytelling and was able to crossover into Pop.

You have College Drop Out Ye and Lil Brother, with an emphasis on Soul and conscious everyday relatable bars.

Then you got shit like Slaughterhouse, which is peak White Boy Rap, where rappers rap for the sake of rapping. The more rhymes you can cram into a verse, the better it is. It's "Real Hip Hop". No matter how unmusical it sounds. Which is just a reaction to newer styles of rapping that old fucks and nerds despised.

I respect your garbage ass opinion

lol Why do ya'll have all this animosity towards older rap heads that just don't like all the corny newer shit that drops.

I was never a fan of Slaughterhouse, but saying that cats like Joelle Ortiz and Crooked I are rappers that just rap for the sake of rapping is a dumb ass take. Niggas in here praising niggas like Lupe Fiasco that rap about skateboarding and riding around on giant robots, but Slaughterhouse is White Boy Rap? lol Aight man.

Back