Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s Build (Vol3): We’re The Reason The Ghetto Is The Ghetto

I agree, but If i find out they're just renting, im not wasting time talking to them. I'm going above them and sending all of this to the owner. Make them take responsibility of maintaining their property. Shouldnt be my job to maintain their property and watch their tenants. I'mma make sure they do that shit.
that doesn’t teach the renters anything lol

Fam you’re talking about potholes, snowstorms and murder. I’m talking about beer cans , dirty drawers and trash all over the front lawn.

Im gonna make a separate thread about crime and murder. I want this thread to be specifically about the aesthetics of the hood, the things we have control over.

And I'm saying that those things that are aesthically displeasing ain't all just niggas being niggas. Because there's plenty of well kept Black neighborhoods where that shit don't look like what you're describing. And you know where they're located? In places with higher property values where much of the things you're talking about isn't even allowed let alone tolerated because the rules against such things are enforced.

that doesn’t teach the renters anything lol
I'm not their parent or friend, im not looking to teach the renter shit. I want the owner to fix their shit. Enough people send complaints to the owner maybe that will teach them to not just rent to anyone and not care what they do.

Stop letting slum lords hide behind these low class tenants. They always wanna act like it has nothing to do with them.

Which goes back to financial literacy. The understanding will go a long way. I mentioned in another thread a bunch of niggaz from around my way flip houses now. Once they started understanding the money in that shit their entire outlook changed up

I'm not their parent or friend, im not looking to teach the renter shit. I want the owner to fix their shit. Enough people send complaints to the owner maybe that will teach them to not just rent to anyone and not care what they do.

Stop letting slum lords hide behind these low class tenants. They always wanna act like it has nothing to do with them.
You jumping over the renters to tell the owner doesn’t help black people learn to value where they are renting

Your unwillingness to help is naturally part of the issue

You would rather take 2 steps to tell the owner and hope they deal with it than take 1 step to teach the renters value

And I'm saying that those things that are aesthically displeasing ain't all just niggas being niggas. Because there's plenty of well kept Black neighborhoods where that shit don't look like what you're describing. And you know where they're located? In places with higher property values where much of the things you're talking about isn't even allowed let alone tolerated because the rules against such things are enforced.
Cmon fam. Show me an upper middle class black neighborhood with high property value with niggas posted up smokin bud, drinking henny and blasting music loud.

Black people don’t do that shit, niggas do that shit.

It takes incentive
This is the problem with Black people today. Why must we always do something to get something in return. Do it because it’s supposed to be done. I see this so much in education as well, give incentives to the children for doing their school work. That’s what they’re supposed to be doing when they’re at school.

This is the problem with Black people today. Why must we always do something to get something in return. Do it because it’s supposed to be done. I see this so much in education as well, give incentives to the children for doing their school work. That’s what they’re supposed to be doing when they’re at school.
Cuz that's how people are wired. Very few people operate outta the greater good. Most people need to see a benefit in not being a complete asshole.

I think I’ll place blame on the owners more than the renters because at the end of the day, that’s yo shit they living in. Them being okay with people tearing up they property says a lot about them.

Property management companies can solve all these problems.
Who owns and runs it though?

Cuz your are right. Those little small ass town home communities with rental properties that are affordable don't have these major issues... But again is this black owned? Cuz if it's just black rented.... It's really still not our community

And again that's encouraging the rental cycle and growing up feeling like maintenance isn't our job... That's the property management job to clean up this trash

I own some rental properties and the first thing I look for when screening an applicant is the time at current and former job, previous residence, and salary. I never waiver. Too many landlords get desperate and settle and it comes back to bite them in the ass. Nowadays the renter has more rights than the landlord so you have to do your due diligence.

I prefer married couples. Not a deal breaker but they have a better chance. If not married, I want both adults with at least 2 years of employment currently.

No pets. Sorry.

No non-running cars outside. All vehicles have to be running and tags up to date.

All windows will have curtains or blinds.

No barbecue on balconies.

I feel it's a privilege to rent from me and if you stay a good tenant you will be taken care of. I also have a rent with an option to buy lease for some. They are my favorites bcuz they take extra care of your shit.

Who owns and runs it though?

Cuz your are right. Those little small ass town home communities with rental properties that are affordable don't have these major issues... But again is this black owned? Cuz if it's just black rented.... It's really still not our community

And again that's encouraging the rental cycle and growing up feeling like maintenance isn't our job... That's the property management job to clean up this trash
A black owner can hire a black owned property management company to screen black tenants and hire black vendors to maintain the property in black communities.

I mentioned this weeks ago that bad neighborhoods become that way bcuz we are too busy minding our own business. If Rita Lawson's boy, Rollo is out there busting bottles in the street, then you gotta let Rita know that this is not acceptable. Bcuz if you let Rollo go unchecked, the next thing you know his friends are doing it too. Then it just gets worse.

If someone gets their car broken into and a few days later somebody trying to sell shit on the low and you let it slide, pretty soon that is gonna be your car that gets ganked. The whole see no evil, speak no evil has got us fucked up. And we wonder why we have to pay higher insurance premiums than the pilgrims.

Back