Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is emotional abuse a real thing?

You are coming off as trolling OhMars even if that is not your intent

You could easily do your googles for specific examples if you really wanted them. As mentioned this is a very sensitive subject and not one easily talked about especially with internet people who could be attempting to troll or bully someone with it. I definitely would not feel comfortable talking about it even with some of my own family members. Of course people are going to have feels about this type of subject

I agree with Reesey for the most part but I don't think walking away is 'as simple as that'. Took me years to be able to walk away from my marriage and some people never do. There are deeper issues at play. And just like with any abuse it becomes the norm so you are conditioned to think that this would be the same anywhere.

With women especially those in a home where they do not earn income it is not so simple to walk away. Resources are out there but let me tell you that resources for a woman whose job it is to raise a family are looked at as 'oh that is not a job' ' you are lazy' 'you don't want to work' or other misconceptions. Getting back into the work force is a huge ordeal and very hard to do even when you have the skills to do so.

My husband and family often tell me that I've grown cold/callus to others trials and tribulations due to how I've overcome my own.

My story...smh...many feel I should write a book and that it will help so many.

But to take the time to wrote one would mean I would have to think about it and focus on those times. I choose to focus on better times, so ..no book will happen. Lol

However, I've done it...all of it. If you can imagine it, more than likely it's happened to me.

We create our lives love...we have the control and if at first it doesn't begin that way, it ventures there as we grow.

Lack of knowledge of self power and perhaps lack of support mentally and physically can in fact make it difficult. But FEAR..is the root of all evil.

Fear can freeze one dead in their tracks. Halting any forward progres, but that too can be controlled or fought through.

Just ask the millions of men and women that have overcome similar or worst situations in thier lives...as you too are a witness as you have overcome them yourself, flower. :-)

Choices .. some harder than others, but still a choice.

I agree with Reese, if you're an adult that's getting "emotionally abused" it's yo fault

You are coming off as trolling OhMars even if that is not your intent

You could easily do your googles for specific examples if you really wanted them. As mentioned this is a very sensitive subject and not one easily talked about especially with internet people who could be attempting to troll or bully someone with it. I definitely would not feel comfortable talking about it even with some of my own family members. Of course people are going to have feels about this type of subject
This is an internet forum where people come to talk about things first hand, so why would I go and google something if I could just get your personal opinions on it.
I have never trolled or e-bullied (lol) anyone on any forum so what led you to the conclusion that that was what I was attempting to do today.
I understand the sensitivity part of it, i respect that wholeheartedly, but you're anonymous on the internet, no one is judging you. You can say and do as you please on here. I hope that nothing in my posting has made you think otherwise. I just have an opposite opinion as you and wished to gain more insight on it

There is no black and white answer to any of this. Everyone deals with emotion and turmoil different from others. I commend anyone who has fought to keep their sanity by any means necessary.

I agree with Reese, if you're an adult that's getting "emotionally abused" it's yo fault

Geesh, it's sounds so harsh when you put it that way Goldie lol.

Perhaps they just need to realize that happiness /joy is always better than any caliber of abuse they may be enduring at this juncture in life. And they alone have the power to change it

#youaresocold-blooded haha

again, i get what reesey is trying to say, but the wording is off

i think the only thing we dont have a choice in is breathing. You dont think about it, it just happens and you dont control it per se.

No one wants to get emotionally abused, and i thought @MissK's response was perfect when summarized that not everyone has the means to just up and leave or the dynamic may not necessarily be a financial one, but there are a myriad of factors at play when dealing with emotional abuse.

i think the only thing we dont have a choice in is breathing. You dont think about it, it just happens and you dont control it per se.

No one wants to get emotionally abused, and i thought @MissK's response was perfect when summarized that not everyone has the means to just up and leave or the dynamic may not necessarily be a financial one, but there are a myriad of factors at play when dealing with emotional abuse.

Reese's rebuttal to K's point was perfect, nobody said the decision to leave would be easy, even without "emotional abuse" leaving a relationship is a tough decision to make, but you still have the choice to leave or stay. If you decide to stay it's ur fault.

You and I and these sorts of convos are not foreign. Lol

But you know how I think and I have no room for excuses. Sadly, to some that can be considered a bit rude to classify them as such, but that's what they are, to "me"..excuses.

Once we realize that we have more power over our situations than the welfare system, work force, president, religion, circumstances and other People..things will begin to change.

As stated in a status I posted previously, I may not be able to change YOUR life, but I can dang sure change and control my own.

Can I say...I'm enjoying reading ya'll responses as you debate over this topic.

It's good to have folks who may not agree, still respect each other's opinions. A real adult convo. Keep up the good work everyone.

tumblr_my2b0q4h5M1qcrr5qo1_500.gif

This is an internet forum where people come to talk about things first hand, so why would I go and google something if I could just get your personal opinions on it.
I have never trolled or e-bullied (lol) anyone on any forum so what led you to the conclusion that that was what I was attempting to do today.
I understand the sensitivity part of it, i respect that wholeheartedly, but you're anonymous on the internet, no one is judging you. You can say and do as you please on here. I hope that nothing in my posting has made you think otherwise. I just have an opposite opinion as you and wished to gain more insight on it

We told you why and you went on to say tsk tsk. But you know what you got it. I am not about to debate you on this very personal subject.

but your posts make it seem like you just cant fathom this happening to anyone or more specifically a man

let me guess...no chick gon have your nose wide open or you cant out play a playa or whatever

niggas used to say they wouldnt eat pussy, now niggas looking to do that within 5 min of meeting a chick, then moved from that to eating ass!!!

my point is, you never think it will happen to you, until it does...

Back