Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is emotional abuse a real thing?

So my homeboy has been a relationship with this chick for like 4 years and decided to tell me LAST NIGHT that she is very abusive.
he told me she spit in his face recently.

Sometimes I think men don't know when theyre in an abusive relationship because there is very little dialogue on what abuse looks like from a woman.

I mean I already thought they argued wayyyyyyyy too much but for her to spit in his face?
nah yo.
that shit aint cool and this shit has been on my mind all day.

I love him so much, hes such a good dude and I'm disgusted that he refuses to leave her.
smh.

Ultimate disrespect.
If a mf EVERRRRRRR spit on or towards me, I'm spazzing. No second thought.

If he woulda gut punched her after the spit. I wouldn't even be mad at him. Gotta give respect to get it.

Can you elaborate please

"Psychological abuse (also referred to as psychological violence, emotional abuse or mental abuse) is a form of abuse, characterized by a person subjecting, or exposing, another person to behavior that may result in psychological trauma, including anxiety, chronic depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder"

"Psychological abuse (also referred to as psychological violence, emotional abuse or mental abuse) is a form of abuse, characterized by a person subjecting, or exposing, another person to behavior that may result in psychological trauma, including anxiety, chronic depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder"
Thanks for the googles. I was looking for more of an example or situation where it happens, besides the one I said

So I imagined this nigga posted he was abused, you got it AP

im not gon dignify this with a response b/c why?

nigs dont give a lot of shit the proper credence it deserves. Everybody is too busy being macho and puffing their chest out to admit that men go through the same shit as women. They may not process it the same as women as far as the emotional side of it goes, but the shit happens...but this is the internet where no man has ever been hurt by a woman, no man has ever been emotionally scared by a woman, and no man has been emotionally abused by a woman.

as always...take from that, what you will

Back