Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is emotional abuse a real thing?

speak your mind brotha

you know we family...one day, i'm gon make my way out to ya city and meet up for drinks and cougars
Nothing to say. We all have issues/problems, you could look at my issues and be like damn that's some sucker shit. Especially not knowing the full scope or story.

In other words get help, pray, fast, think positive Vibes or speak to someone who can help.

Last edited:
I agree but I have to say emotional abuse is not a choice.

My dad was emotionally abusive but I didn't have a choice in the matter :/

He was my dad.

I also didn't know that he was emotionally abusive until I got older.
...once I started connecting the dots in my own life.

Emotional abuse could be something as simple as your partner regularly demeaning or disregarding your opinions, thoughts, ideas, suggestions or needs.

Partners who whithold sex as a way to manipulate and control.

Its all emotional abuse.

I dont think we should blame people for their circumstances.

We all have stayed around too long in situations that weren't beneficial or empowering.

Some of yall are in emotionally abusive situations as we speak and dont even know it.

Some of yall are emotionally abusive.

Tis is life.

But I think we have to be clear and concise here.

The dynamics of abuse are not always distinct.

She clearly said if you're not a child and this idiot comes in and says "i disagree cuz my dad was emotionally abusive to me"

Do you mfs even read the posts before yall quote em and disagree?

Emotional abuse could be something as simple as your partner regularly demeaning or disregarding your opinions, thoughts, ideas, suggestions or needs.

this shit here tho??

Race, you lucky iron mayne my brotha

I agree but I have to say emotional abuse is not a choice.

My dad was emotionally abusive but I didnt have a choice in the matter/

He was my dad.

I also didn't know that he was emotionally abusive until I got older.
...once I started connecting the dots in my own life.

Partners who whithold sex as a way to manipulate and control.

Its all emotional abuse.

I dont think we should blame people for their circumstances.

We all have stayed around too long in situations that weren't beneficial or empowering.

Some of yall are in emotionally abusive situations as we speak and dont even know it.

Some of yall are emotionally abusive.

Tis is life.

But I think we have to be clear and concise here.

Abuse is not always distinct.

Agreed, but I did specify and separate the children in my post, as I too had that issue as a child.

However, as an adult, we have learned many lessons throughout liVing that should equipped us with the knowledge needed to separate happiness/joy from misery, sadness and abuse.

The strength and confidence in SELF is key. As an adult... why would I remain in such conditions? Most will say FEAR.

Fear of being alone, fear of starting over, fear of being separated from their children , fear of being financially unstable and list goes on.

Why CHOOSE to live your life in fear? If happiness/joy are the ultimate goal..why stay?

These...are choices love.

Agreed, but I did specify and separate the children in my post, as I too had that issue as a child.

However, as an adult, we have learned many lessons throughout liVing that should equipped us with the knowledge needed to separate happiness/joy from misery, sadness and abuse.

The strength and confidence in SELF is key. As an adult... why would I remain in such conditions? Most will say FEAR.

Fear of being alone, fear of starting over, fear of being separated from their children , fear of being financially unstable and list goes on.

Why CHOOSE to live your life in fear? If happiness/joy are the ultimate goal..why stay?

i agree with your premise...i take a slight slight issue with the wording

but i do consider you to be a unicorn too tho lol

However, as an adult, we have learned many lessons throughout liVing that should equipped us with the knowledge needed to separate happiness/joy from miserver, sadness and abuse.

Right but I think its dangerous to say its a choice.

Its not a choice.

Like I said abuse can be subtle.

Also I feel like this is steeped in hotepian logic.

Question,

are you a hotep? like a conscious princess?

Its not a bad thing if you are but I think that will give me some insight on where you are coming from.

boxing.gif

I agree with Reesey for the most part but I don't think walking away is 'as simple as that'. Took me years to be able to walk away from my marriage and some people never do. There are deeper issues at play. And just like with any abuse it becomes the norm so you are conditioned to think that this would be the same anywhere.

With women especially those in a home where they do not earn income it is not so simple to walk away. Resources are out there but let me tell you that resources for a woman whose job it is to raise a family are looked at as 'oh that is not a job' ' you are lazy' 'you don't want to work' or other misconceptions. Getting back into the work force is a huge ordeal and very hard to do even when you have the skills to do so.

I agree with Reesey for the most part but I don't think walking away is 'as simple as that'. Took me years to be able to walk away from my marriage and some people never do. There are deeper issues at play. And just like with any abuse it becomes the norm so you are conditioned to think that this would be the same anywhere.

With women especially those in a home where they do not earn income it is not so simple to walk away. Resources are out there but let me tell you that resources for a woman whose job it is to raise a family are looked at as 'oh that is not a job' ' you are lazy' 'you don't want to work' or other misconceptions. Getting back into the work force is a huge ordeal and very hard to do even when you have the skills to do so.

giphy.gif

I was genuinely curious as to what constitutes emotional abuse, but no one wanted to really talk about it. Tisk tisk
i'll start a thread if you serious, but i didnt detect that in your initial inquiry

I was genuinely curious as to what constitutes emotional abuse, but no one wanted to really talk about it. Tisk tisk
Because that's something that could've deeply affected them and it's not easy to just talk about certain situations like that openly. That's also compounded by those that are trying to move on from said previous event in their life and would rather not speak on it right away.

Because that's something that could've deeply affected them and it's not easy to just talk about certain situations like that openly. That's also compounded by those that are trying to move on from said previous event in their life and would rather not speak on it right away.
Have you been emotionally abused as an adult?

Thread being created based on posts from the random thoughts thread

Right but I think its dangerous to say its a choice.

Its not a choice.

Like I said abuse can be subtle.

Also I feel like this is steeped in hotepian logic.

Question,

are you a hotep? like a conscious princess?

Its not a bad thing if you are but I think that will give me some insight on where you are coming from.

Baby girl explaining where im coming from can take all day. Mostly because many search for "labels" and categories to place one another.

I am a sponge. Though I only absorb that which benefits my life. If I read that the ankh symbol represents life and I choose, love and exude life, I will wear and ankh.

If Buddha states that "your mind is everything, what you think , you become" and I believe this to be true and it benefits not only my life, but the lives of my loved ones, I will recite it and meditate on it.

If Malcolm says "a wise man can play the part of a clown, but a clown can't play the part of a wise man", and that resonates with me and I am better for it then so be it.

If the Bible says in Matthew 21:22 If you believe , you will receive in prayer. Or in my case focus and meditation, and this view has worked and creates peace and joy in my world..this I will follow.

I pick and pull from EVERYWHERE. From Buddhists priests in Tibet to Genghis Khan. But only that which will make me better increase my quality of life and gives me that funny feeling in my belly lmbo!!

I laugh but I'm so serious. Everyone is so focused on locking one another in categories they fail to realize that we created and are apart of EVERY da*N category there is.

Have you been emotionally abused as an adult?
I've been with someone long enough where it should've ended but instead we tried to force it hurting ourselves with crazy negative energy.

Back