Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is an 18 year old a child to you?!

Is an 18 year old a child to you?!

• Total voters
18 isn’t a child. They are old enough to go to war, vote, choose what they want regardless of parents decisions, have legal sex, get married, etc.

Not grown but definitely not a child.

Not once have I heard yall say 18-25 year old shouldnt be voting, Buying houses, owning businesses

But now they are still kids…. Lmao

But When he comes to turning yourself into the opposite gender or getting on hormones it’s all good they are old enough to y’all

Stay consistent yall

lol bruh relax.

Bruh, I'm so sick and tried of hearing that shit.

Cuz that shit only comes up when it suits folks narrative.

Let that same 18/19/20 year do some heinous shit, ie murder or rape, you never hear that brain development shit then.

I mean I get your point but it’s plenty kids under 18 who do heinous things and get hit with those adult charges. No they didn’t develop fully but they can know right from wrong.

18 is legally an adult but it’s not mature same for a 22 year old. They can make choices but I don’t expect wise choices.

Violence towards people will always be viewed differently than other decisions

I mean I get your point but it’s plenty kids under 18 who do heinous things and get hit with those adult charges. No they didn’t develop fully but they can know right from wrong.

18 is legally an adult but it’s not mature same for a 22 year old. They can make choices but I don’t expect wise choices.

some 18 year olds make better choices than some of the 35+ crowd here on this very board

And that's the only time I'm conflicted.

But I know if 15/16 year old me had robbed or killed someone. I knew exactly what I was doing......... :js4:

Like @Old Man Cain , I have a 19 year old son in college. I’ve poured all I can into him on how to be a man. I made him get and keep a job from 16, I’ve given him responsibilities, put him on game with women, etc. Hell I even made him pay bills the summer before he went to college, lol.

Even so, he’s still very immature. Not in the sense of acting like a child, but rather being able to think into the future and make decisions based on that. He’s still like a child in that sense.

However, I still consider him an adult in that he has the capacity to support himself and a family if he had to.

In another thread I already said why I think this started as a thing in black america, but arnt one of the problems plaguing black americans, is considering their kids "grown" at 18 and kicking them out to struggle on their own. Seems to be a common theme when you hear people speak about their kids coming of age.

But then the same people wonder why kids from other ethnic groups are more stable and financially better off.

In another thread I already said why I think this started as a thing in black america, but arnt one of the problems plaguing black americans, is considering their kids "grown" at 18 and kicking them out to struggle on their own. Seems to be a common theme when you hear people speak about their kids coming of age.

But then the same people wonder why kids from other ethnic groups are more stable and financially better off.

im curious.. how many of yall were told to pay bills or get the fuck out when you went 18?

Yes, kicking your kid out at 18 to figure it out is toxic.

That being said, I told my son if he flunked out of college, it’s military or full time job unless he has some big dream I don’t know about. I still wouldn’t kick him out though. Just make him pay a little rent, a couple of utilities, etc. until he and I feel like he’s ready to get out there.

I’d make him a little uncomfortable too though to make him want to jump out there eventually. That’s the other side, some parents make it way too easy to stay home so the kids never want to leave.

i know a guy right now 31y/o still at home with his momma..... he work but don't chip in on any bills.... his momma don't want him to leave & he okay with it.

I legit don't remember posting in this thread at all today

Got damn😬😵‍💫

Like @Old Man Cain , I have a 19 year old son in college. I’ve poured all I can into him on how to be a man. I made him get and keep a job from 16, I’ve given him responsibilities, put him on game with women, etc. Hell I even made him pay bills the summer before he went to college, lol.

Even so, he’s still very immature. Not in the sense of acting like a child, but rather being able to think into the future and make decisions based on that. He’s still like a child in that sense.

However, I still consider him an adult in that he has the capacity to support himself and a family if he had to.
Bingo.

I have a 19yr old daughter in college.

🔥🔥🔥

Which is why im doing shit different. Get it out the mud is a is not a badge of honor.

I did that already so my kids dont have to

Back