Is an 18 year old a child to you?!

Is an 18 year old a child to you?!

• Total voters
im curious.. how many of yall were told to pay bills or get the fuck out when you went 18?
Prob a lot more than we think. A lot expect you to have it all figured out at 18 & will compare you to other kids who are getting a ton of help from their family (was my personal experience).

Also think theres some weird misconception that, the earlier they can tell their peers that their kid went on their own, the more successful it makes them seem.

• Ether
Reactions: Inori
Prob a lot more than we think. A lot expect you to have it all figured out at 18 & will compare you to other kids who are getting a ton of help from their family (was my personal experience).

Also think theres some weird misconception that, the earlier they can tell their peers that their kid went on their own, the more successful it makes them seem.

I mean I understand that part. We seem to hear about it alot. I was just curious how many of us actually experienced it tho

🔥🔥🔥

Which is why im doing shit different. Get it out the mud is a is not a badge of honor.

I did that already so my kids dont have to
I don’t know though. Sometimes a rougher upbringing breeds a lot of maturity.

I couldn’t do it to my kids though because I feel exactly like you. I struggled so much I never wanted that for my kids. I remember how bad it felt not having but they’ve never felt that so there’s not as much drive and ambition, at least not yet.

If you don’t have it then get it you appreciate it. If you always had it there’s not as much appreciation for it.

I don’t know though. Sometimes a rougher upbringing breeds a lot of maturity.

I couldn’t do it to my kids though because I feel exactly like you. I struggled so much I never wanted that for my kids. I remember how bad it felt not having but they’ve never felt that so there’s not as much drive and ambition, at least not yet.

If you don’t have it then get it you appreciate it. If you always had it there’s not as much appreciation for it.
Getting it out the mud/struggling and instilling work ethic and making them work for it earnestly are two different things.

Aint no handouts but they not finna be on thier own with no support or guidance (including financially)

Reactions: Tayboo
Getting it out the mud/struggling and instilling work ethic and making them work for it earnestly are two different things.

Aint no handouts but they not finna be on thier own with no support or guidance (including financially)
They are two different things, and the results are different. Someone who got it out the mud is typically much more mature and able to deal with challenges than those that don’t.

Not saying those who don’t are in someway at a disadvantage, just that it’s levels.

The question though is if that level of maturity is worth the cost. I’d say no, but the maturity levels and appreciation for the small things are certainly higher nonetheless.

Been heering how they've been extending it to 21 in some cases. Saying the father has to help pay for college too
Ahhh. Might vary from state to state