Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED India Arie: Janelle Monae and Meg The Stallion Doesn’t Represent Us Well

test
Essence Fest is spring break for adults. Niggas think just because the target demo is a bit older that they ain't down there having the same fun as anybody else. Essence Fest also ain't for kids and this performance was on stage well after midnight so if you got a kid watching that whether live or streaming then you got other issues to deal with than a covered nipple being shown for a couple seconds during an 8 year old song being performed. Like India Arie said herself everything ain't for everyone and she can just as easily ignore those performances instead of trying to regulate what other artists do.

Also While the target demo for Essense Fest is still the same the people within that demo are not. The 25 and up crowd from 10-15 years ago ain't the same as it was today and these companies have responded to that with how these festivals are being put on and the artist they invite.

Cut it out, you know what he's getting at.

Listen, teens be in places that they shouldn't be. Me personally, when I've gone to Essence, I've never in a space where I shared with teens/youth.

The ones that go typically are bound to the section where their ticket is.

Whether they should be there altogether is an entirely different convo but to me, there's certain spaces they shouldn't be and essence is one of those places.

Last edited:
Essence Fest is spring break for adults. Niggas think just because the target demo is a bit older that they ain't down there having the same fun as anybody else. Essence Fest also ain't for kids and this performance was on stage well after midnight so if you got a kid watching that whether live or streaming then you got other issues to deal with than a covered nipple being shown for a couple seconds during an 8 year old song being performed. Like India Arie said herself everything ain't for everyone and she can just as easily ignore those performances instead of trying to regulate what other artists do.

Also While the target demo for Essense Fest is still the same the people within that demo are not. The 25 and up crowd from 10-15 years ago ain't the same as it was today and these companies have responded to that with how these festivals are being put on and the artist they invite.
I would just co-sign your post but ain't no fun in shaming CTB for wanting women to be wearing long skirts drinking malt shakes at the sock hop

Lmao. No it’s not

Listen, teens be in places that they shouldn't be. Me personally, when I've gone to Essence, I we never in a space where I shared with teens/youth.

The ones that go typically are bound to the section where their ticket is.

Whether they should be there altogether is an entirely different convo but to me, there's certain spaces they shouldn't be and essence is one of those places.

If we operating on teens being places they shouldn't be then let's shut down every club and festival out there. I ain't heard nobody say shit about Coachella and it's teens all up and through there high off every drug you can think of watching performances way more vulgar and provacative than what Meg and Janelle Monae did.

FreakNik is spring break for adult

Essence fest was designed for the adult contemporary crowd

And that crowd has changed because the folks that are the age that adult contemporary is marketed to also grew up on different things. If not then India Arie would've been there performing instead of making IG posts

I would encourage my daughter to think for herself and be prepared for the consequences of her actions
Side step

I bet you encourage her to get good grades I just got that the can

I bet you encourage her to be a good person

I guarantee you wouldn’t apply that way of thinking to the things I listed.

Back