Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED India Arie: Janelle Monae and Meg The Stallion Doesn’t Represent Us Well

test
And that crowd has changed because the folks that are the age that adult contemporary is marketed to also grew up on different things. If not then India Arie would've been there performing instead of making IG posts
Like every thing else the wrong crowd finds out about the cool stuff and devalues it

At the end of the day India is old enough to be those thots moms
She saw some behaviors she wasn’t ok with from the youngers in her community and addressed it

She should be commended for it not admonished
There's balance b

Just like for men entertainers, the same goes for women

There's rapsody and there's Meg.

There's lil baby and there's _____ fill in the blank.

There's balance b

Naw. The pickings are slim when it comes to this

You can name 100 Megs or 100 Lil Baby for every one ____ fill in the blank

Like every thing else the wrong crowd finds out about the cool stuff and devalues it

Some of yall really need to actually know the subjects you're talking about. Essence Fest hasn't been this glorified church reunion some are trying go paint it out to be. Theres a reason just a few years back a very successful movie came out about 4 middle aged women going to Essence Fest to get fucked up and have a good time. Because that's what a good number of people go down there to do.

Last edited:
There's balance b

Im not arguing that I’m just saying an elder in our community saw a behavioral issue and addressed it

And we should not have a problem w her addressing it now we can argue the validity of her gripe but we should not be mad at her speaking up

Reactions: GNS
Naw. The pickings are slim when it comes to this

You can name 100 Megs or 100 Lil Baby for every one ____ fill in the blank
I agree for the most part, however, there are still alternatives.

Might not be a lot but there out there

I discovered Chris Crack earlier this year and he's been easily one of my favorites since

Side step

I bet you encourage her to get good grades I just got that the can

I bet you encourage her to be a good person

I guarantee you wouldn’t apply that way of thinking to the things I listed.
I’d keep it real with my daughter if I’d had one

You move a certain way dudes will think you’re a hoe even if you aren’t one.

At a certain point all you can do is hope your kids keep the values you raised em with

I use to go to this club in Dallas that was mad cool and after a few months, a entire different demographic came in and shit got shut down after a few weeks because the cops kept showing up because of fights and a bunch of other shit.

I use to go to this club in Dallas that was mad cool and after a few months, a entire different demographic came in and shit got shut down after a few weeks because the cops kept showing up because of fights and a bunch of other shit.
Yep…. Basically the story of almost every black owned black centric “ upscale” club here

Shit opens and caters to the young black professional crowd, hood niggas find out about it , start showing up u get fights then shootings
Then the biz is closed

And don’t let it be in a white neighborhood cuz they shutting it down even faster

Shouldn't her beef be with Essence not Jenelle and Meg tho? I mean it's not like Jenelle or Meg crashed the stage.
How do you feel about the provocative nature of how women are being marketed lately? Do you think it’s effected your life more or are us men so blind to what women deal with that we think something’s changed but it’s always been what it is for woman?

Lol what this gotta do w anything and also Name 6 Meg songs right now

lmao I will do no such fuckin thing.

What does it have to do with anything tho? Niggas wishing for more wholesome shit instead of what the agenda is pushing.. im tryna see if they actually support what they championing or not.

Back