Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED India Arie: Janelle Monae and Meg The Stallion Doesn’t Represent Us Well

test
Ppl just had a reckoning finding out they parents was at freaknik. Now meg is too much lol

The Essence Festival ain't (or at least it wasn't) Freaknik though. That's the point. I don't think anybody would be saying anything if Meg was on stage half-naked at some Spring Break festival in Miami.

People seem to be creating their own narrative here. India didn't say there was no place for that kinda thing. She was only saying that everywhere doesn't have to be the place for that kinda thing.

The Essence Festival ain't (or at least it wasn't) Freaknik though. That's the point. I don't think anybody would be saying anything if Meg was on stage half-naked at some Spring Break festival in Miami.

People seem to be creating their own narrative here. India didn't say there was no place for that kinda thing. She was only saying that everywhere doesn't have to be the place for that kinda thing.
She said everything aint for everybody. Which is true. This took place a festival....where ppl can choose to see who's for them and skip who isn't. My mama wouldn't go to the meg show but me and my granny would.

Back