Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED India Arie: Janelle Monae and Meg The Stallion Doesn’t Represent Us Well

test
That's fine if she's doing that at her shows, it's not fine doing it at Essence. Y'all talking about everything else but what India was getting at
I'm not typing it again so here we go

If your point is that Essence is comparable to a church revival, then that's where one of the disconnects are.

Not understanding that there is a time and place for everything is a reason why the culture is a mess
And I don't understand how a music festival or a concert is considered not a proper place to shake ass if a person chooses to do so.

Which goes back to India having an issue with the way things are, nothing more. India is right, Essence has lost it's way and she's pointing it out

But her critique wasn't aimed at Essence or their planning committee, it was aimed at Meg and Jenelle.

Last edited:
And I don't understand how a music festival or a concert is considered not a proper place to shake ass if a person chooses to do so.

But her critic wasn't aimed at Essence or their planning committee, it was aimed at Meg and Jenelle.
Those two were the people that violated recently and she called them out.

Which goes back to India having an issue with the way things are, nothing more. India is right, Essence has lost it's way and she's pointing it out
Lemme find out you ain't never been to a bulls game and parading in the NBA thread like you're doing in here over this

Yes Essence in hindsight were wrong to book them but Janelle should know better. Meg is just a lost cause

But her critique wasn't aimed at Essence or their planning committee, it was aimed at Meg and Jenelle.
Adult contemporary music festival my mama and them be going to Essence Fest

I don’t want them seeing that shit

Back