Welcome To aBlackWeb

im calling bs

This gets overlooked all the time.

also why I fuck with certain people. At the end of the day...the poor in the US are still doing better than billions of people across the planet.

niggas complaining about first world issues without considering billions would love to be where they at.

This is the worst take ever. Poor people in the us can still complain. Just because we live in the west and the west has exploited all these places(slavery and colonialism) when we literally got the same oppressor. You saying people in the first world can’t want better because somebody else got it worse? That’s not stupid to you?

Ok so I've not bought the ps4 which I only have the money to buy because I saved for the whole year. What do I do with the 400 dollars I saved to stop me from bein' poor
Invest $100 in a drop shipping store

something.

you are looking at it as now I got, now what.

you should be planning while you were saving because if not....the money has no goal and thus easier to spend

This is the worst take ever. Poor people in the us can still complain. Just because we live in the west and the west has exploited all these places(slavery and colonialism) when we literally got the same oppressor. You saying people in the first world can’t want better because somebody else got it worse? That’s not stupid to you?
When have I ever said no to want better?
How you give me shit when saying we should want better but then you here saying I’m saying people shouldn’t want better?

man you confuse yourself.

Yea I fixed it all myself. Let stuff fall off, got a secured card, built it to a regular credit line, then open 2 more accounts and started using responsibly. 2 years went from 500s to low 700s
You can make nice bread selling trade lines too.
I know a few ppl getting like $3k a month just off they credit

nah i use to shame Black people who were seemingly "poor" but blew cash on clothes and shoes

but i get it now. theyre just afraid of appearing poor. america is not a place to be poor. to be poor in america is a frightening thing. its violence, some type of character flaw, or low morality and ethics. you are something to be tolerated. someones learning moment of what NOT to be, when in actuality poverty is just simply a lack of money and the desire for riches in "poor" Black people is perhaps the equivalent of buying one’s freedom—tht is to say, in an attempt to buy one’s humanness. not to mention some of us just like nice things which im learning is perfectly ok

poor Black people can have standards, have taste especially considering the amount of aggressive advertisement we all r surronded by (billboards, commercials, cultural norms/expectations)

but how terrible is it to live in a society where your worth is hinged on your wealth and or productivity ? one of the largest problems we face as a culture is how poorly we determine someone's value.

i just hope youre never so broke that all you have is money.

I still think it's stupid to blow money on frivolous shit when you don't have money. That said when you're constantly bombarded by messaging that you ain't shit unless you got certain things, it's not surprising people feel they have to indulge.

I still think it's stupid to blow money on frivolous shit when you don't have money. That said when you're constantly bombarded by messaging that you ain't shit unless you got certain things, it's not surprising people feel they have to indulge.
I sgree

but I’m the flip side.....why is it so hard to try to use messaging to get people to believe they can as opposed to not being shit?

Folks don’t want to admit but our music plays a huge role in that.

Remember rap is the most influential music out there.

I sgree

but I’m the flip side.....why is it so hard to try to use messaging to get people to believe they can as opposed to not being shit?

Because excelling can be hard. If you don't have some talent or marketable skill and you start off behind the 8ball, it can be hard to see an avenue for success. Plus people are also conditioned to see past less glamorous but reasonable jobs. For instance, if you learn plumbing, electrical work, or HVAC, you're going to be able to get a good job pretty much anywhere you go. However, you don't hear anyone bragging about plumbing in rap songs so it's not on people's radars.

100% agree, but I refrained on going down that path. lol

When have I ever said no to want better?
How you give me shit when saying we should want better but then you here saying I’m saying people shouldn’t want better?

man you confuse yourself.

I don’t give you shit for saying we should want better. It’s the way and the how and many people on this board have said the same. But anyway you bring up that other people have it worse whenever Americans here complain about conditions. It seems like you’re saying we should be lucky we got so good. Explain that

Because excelling can be hard. If you don't have some talent or marketable skill and you start off behind the 8ball, it can be hard to see an avenue for success. Plus people are also conditioned to see past less glamorous but reasonable jobs. For instance, if you learn plumbing, electrical work, or HVAC, you're going to be able to get a good job pretty much anywhere you go. However, you don't hear anyone bragging about plumbing in rap songs so it's not on people's radars.

Exactly
But even outside the music...are people asking the right questions.

You just gotta live in an area where people do it tho. Niggas don’t base life off of rap after 23.

It ain't just music it's American culture in general. We are taught to base people's worth on what we can see outwardly which is why people want to give off the appearance of being one of the haves and not a have not regardless of what their actual station in life is. Looking like you have something garners instant respect from people. It's why people get so shocked and surprised at those dumb ass "Bill Gates is worth billions but you don't see him wearing Gucci" memes.

As someone whose done it multiple times yeah I have. Yall ain't throwing out solutions people are unaware of or haven't tried before.

I didn't ask you if you've worked 2 jobs or not.

Can people work 2 jobs to make more money? If people are aware of these things, that means that they can improve their life correct?

I don’t give you shit for saying we should want better. It’s the way and the how and many people on this board have said the same. But anyway you bring up that other people have it worse whenever Americans here complain about conditions. It seems like you’re saying we should be lucky we got so good. Explain that

had to come to the laptop for this.

see........if you took the time sometimes you could see where im going with it.
i hear everything you and others are saying about this that and the third.........and at the end of the day ...you dont know what you dont know.

this is why i say travel. get ya fucking passport and travel.

you will see that its a such thing as an american privilege and a black american privilege.

there are women in europe who came here just to sell their bodies being the sacrifice to feed the whole family back home.
if i tell a nigga to relocate to a better area......often times its met with that sounds crazy.
i often point out......niggas crossing the Alps and getting limbs cut off from frostbite and most bodies aint found until the summer thaw.
but saying .....you could get better pay living closer to atlanta and niggas cant find a way there.
its people who are leaving or fleeing warzone and floating across the med......women are repeatedly rape along this journey and many dont even make it to the boat....and when on the boat they still dont always make it.......thousand die every year....trying to get to europe for a better life.....to be parking attendants or dishwashers and living 8 to an apartment..
just the other day.......you said your lunch was over a two and didnt have time to post. think about that.
a few people in the DR was starving many nights during the covid lockdown because they work closed and the govt wasnt giving them shit for quite a long time.
what did the US give you?
haiti just had the fucking leader of the country killed.
Trump had blocks of niggas beat so he could walk across the street.
got messicans dying in the back of trailers and floating in the rio grande to get a chance to take shit from you since you dont think its good enough for you.

i say all that to say......you are not seeing the opportunities available to you because you are focused on whatever else.
running a company is not as hard as it seems......every company is not general motors.
its not all that easy either.....but neither is the job you doing right now im sure.
the opportunities are there.........but do you know what they look like?

so what we really talking about?

this is all about perspective
this aint about shut up and be happy where you are.
this is about.....why do i need to convince you and others that its so much more out there for you to gain.

I didn't ask you if you've worked 2 jobs or not.

Can people work 2 jobs to make more money? If people are aware of these things, that means that they can improve their life correct?

I did it at a time when my only responsibility was myself. I wouldn't be able to do it now because I'm responsible for more than just myself. Life circumstances often affect the decisions people are able to make in terms of where their lives are at. Being aware of an option doesn't mean it's one you can actually utilize in that moment.

Back