Welcome To aBlackWeb

im calling bs

well like I've said, I've seen it play out in real time

it may be rare but, can & will happen

This is why I go hard on some of these posters. This dude came in here trying to say medical delinquency WILL affect your credit, then after getting chin-checked, walked back his argument to 'oh, it's just rare'. Even tried to throw in his little stint working at a collections agency. Collection agencies don't give out loans, so you only saw one side of the coin (the debt being on the credit report).

Stoopid!

So let's say I'm poor and I saved 400 dollars to buy a playstation 4 for my kid 5 years ago and instead of providin' my child a normal and rather benign comfort I save the money.

I've got 400 dollars (that I have because I spent the year savin' which, because I'm poor, means I've gone the whole year without. Maybe I stopped gettin' lunch at work. Maybe I didn't get my kid anything for his bday coz I knew he'd be gettin' a big Xmas present.)
how is the 400 dollars gonna stop me from bein' poor?

Should I have invested it instead? Started a business? How does not buyin' the PS help me in the long term?

Please no specious responses someone give me some real world or at least feasible examples

1. Use that $400 to get that certification to get that job that a friend told you she would recommend you for after you get that certification
2. Use that $400 to get a new alternator for your car to get to work instead of bumming rides from your friend. Now you can work overtime and not have to leave when your co-worker does.
3. Use that $400 to catch up on delinquent utility bills, which will then give you the freedom to save $150 a month. Now you have a strong budget to save up a little and pay down expenses such as credit card bills. In three years you will be in a much better financial position.

The problem with many is they think you can go from not being poor overnight. Developing a better life involves making a series of decisions that lead to accomplishing your goals. It won't happen overnight.

1. Use that $400 to get that certification to get that job that a friend told you she would recommend you for after you get that certification
2. Use that $400 to get a new alternator for your car to get to work instead of bumming rides from your friend. Now you can work overtime and not have to leave when your co-worker does.
3. Use that $400 to catch up on delinquent utility bills, which will then give you the freedom to save $150 a month. Now you have a strong budget to save up a little and pay down expenses such as credit card bills. In three years you will be in a much better financial position.

The problem with many is they think you can go from not being poor overnight. Developing a better life involves making a series of decisions that lead to accomplishing your goals. It won't happen overnight.

1. So it's not about the PlayStation it's about access to education?

2. Why are you addin' sauce to the hypothetical? Maybe I'm already workin' overtime and have my own car

3. Let's say I used that 400 to pay the bills. Next month I have more bills and I just spent my savings

It's so mad how this nonsense makes so much sense to so many people.

I just read this crap again lmao so you think people who are poor haven't thought to try this basic shit?????

I've only got 400 dollars I can only do one of your suggestions, which one should I do?

So let's say I'm poor and I saved 400 dollars to buy a playstation 4 for my kid 5 years ago and instead of providin' my child a normal and rather benign comfort I save the money.

I've got 400 dollars (that I have because I spent the year savin' which, because I'm poor, means I've gone the whole year without. Maybe I stopped gettin' lunch at work. Maybe I didn't get my kid anything for his bday coz I knew he'd be gettin' a big Xmas present.)

Should I have invested it instead? Started a business? How does not buyin' the PS help me in the long term?

Please no specious responses someone give me some real world or at least feasible examples
Not sure where you going....
But for me, you saving is apart of planning.
you should have a long term plan for life especially with a kid.
Budgeting and seeing it come to fruition is an amazing feeling that can give the confidence ti see a bigger picture. It’s also about discipline.....if you can make that type sacrifice for a year...shit that’s great.

but it’s not as simple as invest or start a business if you don’t have a plan.

idle money will always be spent. Cuz it’s always something to buy.

the ps will help take away real world issues for a bit and provide entertainment.....but then what.

I just read this crap again lmao so you think people who are poor haven't thought to try this basic shit?????

I've only got 400 dollars I can only do one of your suggestions, which one should I do?

Come on dude! Now you are being dense. You gave a hypothetical scenario. I am giving you hypothetical responses. It's about choices. The choices people make can determine their success or failure. You think not buying that PS5 is going to instantly stop a person from being poor? No one said that. We are saying consistently good choices in life will improve that person's quality of life.

But hey, go ahead and buy that PS5.

Are yall just speaking of the poor in the states or other countries as well?
This gets overlooked all the time.

also why I fuck with certain people. At the end of the day...the poor in the US are still doing better than billions of people across the planet.

niggas complaining about first world issues without considering billions would love to be where they at.

LOL @ the underlined being your definition of "work". But since we're here... the answer is poor people you stupid shit.

Calling names does not make you right.

LOL to yourself also does not make you right either. You sat yo pale ass typing that bozo ass post and realized how stupid it was so you come back with name calling. Clown

The shit is work that rich folks that you call lazy have to do. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were lazy from what you posted. Apple and Microsoft were built up by some lazy people.

Calling names does not make you right.

LOL to yourself also does not make you right either. You sat yo pale ass typing that bozo ass post and realized how stupid it was so you come back with name calling. Clown

The shit is work that rich folks that you call lazy have to do. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were lazy from what you posted. Apple and Microsoft were built up by some lazy people.

They don't get it bro. All they want to do is blame others.

This is why I go hard on some of these posters. This dude came in here trying to say medical delinquency WILL affect your credit, then after getting chin-checked, walked back his argument to 'oh, it's just rare'. Even tried to throw in his little stint working at a collections agency. Collection agencies don't give out loans, so you only saw one side of the coin (the debt being on the credit report).

Stoopid!

where tf I say they give out loans?

I said it can affect your credit, you tried to refute it w/ a screenshot that said after a period of time it can go on your report (which is what I said lol)

I said I've personally seen folks come in to pay off bills from hospitals (not loans from the agency) after they got denied a car or apartment

I haven't walked back shit, if you wanna get into the frequency at which it happens that another convo

so, unless you can show it will NEVER affect your credit (which you've tried & failed), no need for further discourse

This gets overlooked all the time.

also why I fuck with certain people. At the end of the day...the poor in the US are still doing better than billions of people across the planet.

niggas complaining about first world issues without considering billions would love to be where they at.
I just wanted to know what we are talking about. You got places like Honduras where their whole economy is messed up. 60% live in poverty. Cartels running the place. Taking young women and forcing them to traffic. If you dont, you get assaulted or killed.

I just wanted to know what we are talking about. You got places like Honduras where their whole economy is messed up. 60% live in poverty. Cartels running the place. Taking young women and forcing them to traffic. If you dont, you get assaulted or killed.
Same in Brazil Haiti DR and so many other places.
Shit is sad.
But the thread is more about the states

Never take away joy for your child is always going to be my answer, Yet there's apps out there like Acorns tht help you and him invest small amounts everyday. Those small amounts can be .75 to $1000 depending on what you want to invest. There's nothing wrong with starting small and investing.

Starting a business is free getting a LLC varies in states/countries here in NC $225 fee. Once your business is started learn about write-offs and pay yourself and not pay taxes.

Again information is out there we just didn't know about it but the internet has changed things

Not sure where you going....
But for me, you saving is apart of planning.
you should have a long term plan for life especially with a kid.
Budgeting and seeing it come to fruition is an amazing feeling that can give the confidence ti see a bigger picture. It’s also about discipline.....if you can make that type sacrifice for a year...shit that’s great.

but it’s not as simple as invest or start a business if you don’t have a plan.

idle money will always be spent. Cuz it’s always something to buy.

the ps will help take away real world issues for a bit and provide entertainment.....but then what.

Ok so I've not bought the ps4 which I only have the money to buy because I saved for the whole year. What do I do with the 400 dollars I saved to stop me from bein' poor

Back