Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Believe In God....But...

Matthew 7:7-11: 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

It's not about God being a genie, but he says that if we ask, we will receive. Well, I've been asking for years and never received and instead of being deliverd from my problem, it's gotten worse.

I get that broski. Going through things, seeking answers and solutions and it getting worse understandably makes us wonder about God’s existence or love. But we shouldn’t turn away from seeking and being diligent in prayer.

If you turn away, your problems still persist, right? So what difference will you experience if you continue in your faith in Him? It might still persist but you will be answered eventually. The men of the Bible endured many hardships and they also suffered more in their suffering. It never meant God didn’t love them. It strengthened their relationship.

You provide scripture as evidence that God answers prayers, but what about the rest of the scriptures that say we will go through troubles? What about the stories of the men who suffered?

Don’t waiver in faith, broski. Remain strong in it. It’s always unclear to us why we have to suffer, it’s difficult and sucks, but hold strong. Prayer diligently everyday. Forgive others in your life right now. Pray for forgiveness for yourself. Repent. Do this daily. You will see God come through. I’ll pray for “konceptjones”, God knows who I will speak of.

Matthew 7:7-11: 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

It's not about God being a genie, but he says that if we ask, we will receive. Well, I've been asking for years and never received and instead of being deliverd from my problem, it's gotten worse.

Yall so dumb. He doesn't know Matthew.

To the faithful believers, do yall really believe Jonah survived 3 days & 3 nights inside the belly of a whale (or large fish)?

I think it’s fairly obvious what is fact and fiction. Parables are within the Bible and are to help build your faith. Just because one is a believer doesn’t mean that we are to take it all literally, matter of fact it doesn’t matter if one does or doesn’t.

The belief in Christ Jesus’ whole story is the only thing needed for salvation, not belief or non-belief in if a man was inside of a large fish/whale.

I don’t believe in a 6 day creation at all, either.

I think it’s fairly obvious what is fact and fiction. Parables are within the Bible and are to help build your faith. Just because one is a believer doesn’t mean that we are to take it all literally, matter of fact it doesn’t matter if one does or doesn’t.

The belief in Christ Jesus’ whole story is the only thing needed for salvation, not belief or non-belief in if a man was inside of a large fish/whale.

I don’t believe in a 6 day creation at all, either.

So you get to pick & choose huh?

not all or nothin

cool

Yeeeaaaah, I can't rock with that one @VIBE...If you don't believe in the 6 days, you must assume that whoever wrote Genesis is either incorrect or lying...So, if you assume that, how can you assume that the entire story of Jesus is correct and true...?

And also, why would God allow a book with half truths and incorrect accounts to also contain the one story which is supposed to hold the key to salvation...?

So you get to pick & choose huh?

not all or nothin

cool

Yeah, that’s not how it works. We can use our minds to logically see how the Bible works. Can a man live in a whale? No. So what’s the point of the story? Not that a man can’t live in a whale but about not being able to run from God and God’s grace.

We also know that a 6-day creation didn’t happen. Firstly, we have “in the beginning God created the heavens and Earth..”

there’s one timeline right there

Day 1 and so on means nothing. The Word day in the Hebrew language it can mean a 24-hr time, 12-hr time or a long period of time.

It’s put into days of work to give us a guideline to follow. To have a day of “rest”, which is usually perceived as a Sunday that we give to God. It’s not meant to be literal in days or sequence. Gen 1 is a poem.

This has nothing to do w picking and choosing. It has to do with understanding context logically.

Yeah, that’s not how it works. We can use our minds to logically see how the Bible works. Can a man live in a whale? No. So what’s the point of the story? Not that a man can’t live in a whale but about not being able to run from God and God’s grace.

We also know that a 6-day creation didn’t happen. Firstly, we have “in the beginning God created the heavens and Earth..”

Day 1 and so on means nothing. The Word day in the Hebrew language it can mean a 24-hr time, 12-hr time or a long period of time.

It’s put into days of work to give us a guideline to follow. To have a day of “rest”, which is usually perceived as a Sunday that we give to God. It’s not meant to be literal in days or sequence. Gen 1 is a poem.

This has nothing to do w picking and choosing. It has to do with understanding context logically.

Okay, I see...Interesting...

Yeeeaaaah, I can't rock with that one @VIBE...If you don't believe in the 6 days, you must assume that whoever wrote Genesis is either incorrect or lying...So, if you assume that, how can you assume that the entire story of Jesus is correct and true...?

And also, why would God allow a book with half truths and incorrect accounts to also contain the one story which is supposed to hold the key to salvation...?

No one is lying.

Day can mean 12hr, 24hr or long period of time.

Science tells us what? Our Universe had a beginning, well so does the Bible.

Science tells us 14.5 billion years, the Bible gives us a word that in Hebrew can also mean long period of time. We are seeing sequences of times God created, which gives us 6 times. We do not know the length between those times, either. What we do know are 6 days or work, a morning to night, which gives us a guideline on how to live our daily lives in our work and when to rest (a 7th day).

Look more into Genesis and you can make more sense of what’s being said and not be so literal about it.

The Bible says 1 day is like 1,000 years, so can we also assume then that it took 6,000 years to make? Or is it 6 24-hr days? Maybe it’s 6 12-hr days. Or are they longer periods of time that line up w science?

Either way, whatever makes your heart content in the belief of days or years, none of it is dependent on salvation. So why make a big crack about it?

The Bible was the first text to state our Universe had a beginning.

Years later science backed this up.

Science says that it took billions of years.

The Word day could mean “long period of time”, it follows the line of science once again.

So we can logically infer that God took billions of years to work together his ingredients to build life. If a day “is like 1,000 years” time is of no meaning to God. So billions of years means nothing to Him.

Science and God do not conflict. I think they pair beautifully. The Bible is to shape our daily lives, so these poems, the parables, the hyperbole and Jesus are meant to be guidelines for us and things to understand and apply to our lives. Jesus is the only way to salvation, not creation days or whales who swallow humans.

To the faithful believers, do yall really believe Jonah survived 3 days & 3 nights inside the belly of a whale (or large fish)?

Matthew 12:

38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”
39 He answered “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus died and rose in three days just as He said He would and related it to Jonah who spent 3 days and 3 nights in a large fish. I have no reason to believe that it didn't literally happen especially based on Jesus' own testimony. If we dismiss Jonah as a historical event then we would have to dismiss the parting of the Red Sea, David in the lion's den, satan as a talking serpent; essentially the entire Bible so I believe it happened just as it is described.

Who the fuck is Matthew?

"Tell me about God matt..."

"Well shit I ain't really know the nigga know the nigga but that nigga jonah know him and his kid jesus. That nigga jonah a wild boy tho that nigga held it down in a whales belly for 2-3 days. He did that shit."

well it is pickin & choosin

is the book not the word of God?

you sayin God is lyin & Jonah story ain't true?

cuz it's written as fact not fiction

Matthew 12:

38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”
39 He answered “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus died and rose in three days just as He said He would and related it to Jonah who spent 3 days and 3 nights in a large fish. I have no reason to believe that it didn't literally happen especially based on Jesus' own testimony. If we dismiss Jonah as a historical event then we would have to dismiss the parting of the Red Sea, David in the lion's den, satan as a talking serpent; essentially the entire Bible so I believe it happened just as it is described.

so you a fundamentalist huh?

you think humans lived to be 500-600yrs old & shit?

Jesus also said he’s a door. Guess he’s an actual door.

This is a big part of where my hesitation comes in. IS the Bible the word of God, though? How much evidence do we have that this almost certainly isn't the case?

This is a big part of where my hesitation comes in. IS the Bible the word of God, though? How much evidence do we have that this almost certainly isn't the case?

Inspired by God. And you can research and you’d find out it goes back as far as we can and is correct. It’s not lost in translation as much as ppl like to think it is. There’s a great video by Daniel Wallace, a NT scholar, who gives a great presentation on the validity of the Bible’s translation being correct even today as it was then.

Inspired by God. And you can research and you’d find out it goes back as far as we can and is correct. It’s not lost in translation as much as ppl like to think it is. There’s a great video by Daniel Wallace, a NT scholar, who gives a great presentation on the validity of the Bible’s translation being correct even today as it was then.

By your own admission, the Bible is INSPIRED by God. Meaning it's a collection of stories meant to inspire people to act in a way that is consistent with the image of God agreed upon by whoever wrote it, no?

Not tryna antagonize. Im just trying to point out that we really cannot at all confidently say that the Bible is the word of God.

Bruh. Jesus existing as a regular destroys christiandom. Either Jesus the son of god walked the Earth or everything about Christianity goes out the window.

The whole time Im talking about the fact that there is 0 record of the Biblical son of God Jesus existing. And the record keeping of that time was very good so it makes no sense for the events of a biblical jesus existing to not be recorded like all other historical events were.

You keep replying theres proof of a guy existing at the time who was likely a regular preacher causing revolt to prove Jesus, but unless that guy walked on water your religion becomes meaningless.

You keep proving my point for me.

And im not trying to be disrespectful by saying your religion is meaningless btw. Just still stuck on the fact that the only thing I dont appreciate is the fact that believers are the ones ignoring facts than non believers.

Thats my whole argument. No need to keep regurtitating it. Im pretty sure my point is made.

But would historical records include miracles or rumors of miracles? As in like Roman census type shit?

Back