Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY FL Gov. Ron DeSantis has banned AP African-American Studies from being taught in Florida

You're assuming that the lot of people on this kick have even read or understand what those books mean. lol DeSantis might, but do we really think that politicians in the Boebert, Gaetz, Green lane or their followers have read Animal Farm, 1984, or Fahrenheit 451?
It was required reading when i was in school 🤷🏾‍♀️ dont get more "political agenda" than Ray Bradbury and Orwell.

My point is they'll let you read and discuss "radical" shit from white ppl, but regular shit from black ppl gotta be analyzed to see if it's fit for the public. 1984 been around since the 50s and not much has changed lol. They think a teenager reading James Baldwin in class is gon undo the fabric of the country. Like nigga please.

It was required reading when i was in school 🤷🏾‍♀️ dont get more "political agenda" than Ray Bradbury and Orwell.

My point is they'll let you read and discuss "radical" shit from white ppl, but regular shit from black ppl gotta be analyzed to see if it's fit for the public. 1984 been around since the 50s and not much has changed lol. They think a teenager reading James Baldwin in class is gon undo the fabric of the country. Like nigga please.

Yeah, they haven't put any thought into it. Shit is as basic as "Black is bad" at this point. We done gone back to that good ole boy old school racism.

Back