Welcome To aBlackWeb

First dates: How Much Should You Spend?

Some of yall are not creative at all. If you know you don't have much money, check out some outside events happening around your area. Dc has a lot of free live music events. Bring some home cooked food or buy some near you and eat outside. Set up a canopy or site under the tree with chairs. You have entertainment and convo flowing. Y'all can dance if you want. All with staying in your budget
Man hell no

Home cooked meals and folding chairs???

Allah bless you my brother

I make great money. I'm not gonna front, 100$ for a first dinner date is nothing to sneeze at. In the back of my mine, I can use that 100$ for some computer equipment, lol. But I am also trying to impress my date. Not with money but with convo and entertainment. It is usually the drinks that raises the bill. So If she is going to drink, I will as well. It is not going to be a 5 star restaurant but it is not gonna be a Friday's either. I usually like to be adventurous and try to choose a spot that neither one of us have been to. I asked her out so I am ready to pay that price tag. I'm not gonna tell her no unless she want that 300$ bottle champagne

Funny thread.

Yall going to 5 star restaurants while casually dating? Yeah that's a great way to go broke or get in deep debt.

I’m aware...that still requires an in person meet up ie a first date. That’s why happy hours are perfect to see where she’s at.
not against happy hour at all

i am against niggas trying to be Dave Chappelle on half baked and trying to squeeze blood out of turnips knowing you aint got proper ends

Funny thread.

Yall going to 5 star restaurants while casually dating? Yeah that's a great way to go broke or get in deep debt.
who's going to 5 star restaurants?

you not spending $100 at no 5star joint. That can easily get up to $100 per person. At least the one's i've been to.

Houstons is considered fine dining, but it's not 5 star, and that's not a bad thing

But I was kinda cheap when we met. Everything lead up to what we accomplished was me being kinda not trying to ball out over a date.
Well, I’m not cheap and have several accomplishments as well, that includes cars, vacations, a child, and owning a condo. I’m also hoping to close on a house 8/28/2020 and I’m single doing it on my own.

Spending $100 on first dates don’t lead people to bankruptcy. That’s for @Rubato but I see you agreed.

who's going to 5 star restaurants?

you not spending $100 at no 5star joint. That can easily get up to $100 per person. At least the one's i've been to.

Houstons is considered fine dining, but it's not 5 star, and that's not a bad thing

5 star may have been an exaggeration but you know what I meant. That was a question for you and whomever else questioning people who saying their limit is ~$100 for a first date. Calling them cheap is BS imo. I look at person balling out on a first date funny, not the other way around. define balling out however you want.
thats up to you

you trying to date with the intention of getting serious or you trying to smash?

Don't matter, the question is how much for 1st dates.

I'm asking what if YOU had 3 1st dates in a week what would you spend on each?

Well, I’m not cheap and have several accomplishments as well, that includes cars, vacations, a child, and owning a condo. I’m also hoping to close on a house 8/28/2020 and I’m single doing it on my own.

Spending $100 on first dates don’t lead people to bankruptcy. That’s for @Rubato but I see you agreed.

Any frivolous spending habit can lead to bankruptcy

Maybe not one date but you said dates

Back