Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cuz outkast got sued in 98 by Rosa Parks for thier HIT SINGLE Rosa Parks....

Which every nigga was jamming

Niggas was jamming the shit out of Aquemini

This shit is amazing bro...

Nigga said Kast and break out till 2001

and that they werent a perennial respected group in the south in 98

Breh I can name more groups in 98 over them dudes.

UGK
8ball and MJG
Hot Boys
TRU
Kast

In 98, this year, we in this year, not in 2018, We talking waking up in the year 1998, in this climate:

Kast would be the last group that a nigga would consider album buying out of the groups I just listed

I feel you...

But fam...there are a gang of southern posters on here....myself included....and not nan’ one of us nominated that record....sooooo
idk who the 7-10 posters were

and again if the purpose of the tournament is the goat song from that year, how does a song like it aint my fault dont get a mention?

im not talking about quality of song...b/c i know that song in particular aint just oozing with lyrics, but the shit was just as much an anthem as any song nominated by DMX

That’s not my job to be honest, every year I can find at least a few songs that were left out that should’ve made the tournament. If No Limit was popping like that then how come no one thought to nominate them? Even southern posters didn’t nominate No Limit. Guess what I put Juvie’s Ha in the tournament no one nominated it.

as it should've been

but what does THAT have to do with what we're talking about now? lol

Ya'll acting like the tourney fulfilled its southern quota or some shit with two songs from Juvenile and two songs from outkast

again...I wasnt taking a dig at you, so i wanna make that clear, BUT, if you hosting the tourney, and out of ALL the niggas that frequent this thread, you see that 7-10 nominated songs...or let me suggest what I would've done

gone to google, looked up albums released in 98 and maybe cherry pick a few songs outside of what everyone else picked just to add i lil more variety

now i see how a song like back that azz up got paired up against slippin

as it should've been

but what does THAT have to do with what we're talking about now? lol

Ya'll acting like the tourney fulfilled its southern quota or some shit with two songs from Juvenile and two songs from outkast

again...I wasnt taking a dig at you, so i wanna make that clear, BUT, if you hosting the tourney, and out of ALL the niggas that frequent this thread, you see that 7-10 nominated songs...or let me suggest what I would've done

gone to google, looked up albums released in 98 and maybe cherry pick a few songs outside of what everyone else picked just to add i lil more variety

now i see how a song like back that azz up got paired up against slippin
But there are only so many slots to fill. Maybe if there were more songs then eventually a No Limit song would make the cut.

Man we can't re-write rap history,. Yea, I fucks with Kast, but to say these songs were the GOAT in 98? when No Limit ran that year alone, the hottest label in the Country and we got a group that wasn't even Top 3 in 98 with a hot song? Come on man, either we don't know, are we being bias, and I know that's not the case, we got a lot a rap historians on here.

Kast??

C-Murder & UGK - AKickdoe?? Shit was everywhere in the South, Every club, house party, played the hell outta this song, I'm willing to bet, some folks haven't even heard of the song until today, that's why we get history so messed up. That song was literally in everybody's club, party, parking lot, in the South

But there are only so many slots to fill. Maybe if there were more songs then eventually a No Limit song would make the cut.
do you have a thread where all the songs were nominated in the tourney bracket vs the individual threads?

I was living in NY when Aquemeni dropped. It got 5 mics in The Source, so to say that Outkast didn't take off until 2001 is nonsense.

Having said that, I don't remember Hot 97 playing anything from the album, but it got 5 mics.

I do remember Hot 97 playing I'm Bout It in 97 and Make Em Say Uuuugh and It Ain't My Fault in 1998.

Man we can't re-write rap history. Yea, I fucks with Kast, but to say these songs were the GOAT in 98? when No Limit ran that year alone, the hottest label in the Country and we got a group that wasn't even Top 3 in 98 with a hot song? Come on man, either we don't know, are we being bias, and I know that's not the case, we got a lot a rap historians on here.

Kast??

C-Murder & UGK - AKickdoe?? Shit was everywhere in the South

There you go, they were regional until 98. I'm not an Outkast fan at all but their music went all across the country, they were the top dudes coming out the South before No Limit got hot

Back