Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mentioned Rosa Parks song was jamming and what other song did they have??? What follow up single?? That jammed like that??

As I stated, the climate was different in 98, Them niggas had 1 song that made noise off that album in 98 which was Rosa Parks

No Limit at the time had 3 artists that I name (with no singles) but had the most anticipated albums of that year, along with CMR albums. We can't fit 2018 mindset into 98.

Outside of Rosa Park, what song Outkast had that shot up to number 1 on your radio station rap late night countdown in your hometown?? I'll wait

Niggas in your back yard were bumping Da Art of The Storytelling (it was a single) hard like that in 98, is this what you're saying???

Rosa Parks
Skew it in the Bar B
Da Art
Aquemini
Spottie

AND

THE ALBUM WENT DOUBLE PLATINUM.

Hit plat in Nov 98
Double plat by Jul of 99

So the question you shoukd ask yourself is not who WAS jamming Kast

But who WASNT....

why ya'll hate NL so much LMAO

Rosa Parks
Skew it in the Bar B
Da Art
Aquemini
Spottie

AND

THE ALBUM WENT DOUBLE PLATINUM.

Hit plat in Nov 98
Double plat by Jul of 99

So the question you shoukd ask yourself is not who WAS jamming Kast

But who WASNT....

If the album went double platinum then you have a point. But honestly, I've never heard Da Art Of Storytelling until this poll.

why ya'll hate NL so much LMAO

Because all their songs sound the same.

Lyrics were always a thing. That’s the only quantifiable way to judge a rapper.

Juvenile sold 5 million, but Wayne raps better and is more lyrical.

Again it's a thing to you guys, but Southerns at the time, this was not a thing. Wordy Wordy, witty rap was not on our radar

Pimp C was never a lyricist

Outkast won the Album of the Year Grammy in 2004

They were legendary way before that

Outkast been legendary since 93

They been a top tier group sinc 1993

There is no revisionist history going on here

Outkast been jamming since 199 fucking 3

Outkast won the Album of the Year Grammy in 2004

They were legendary way before that

Outkast been legendary since 93

They been a top tier group sinc 1993

There is no revisionist history going on here

Outkast been jamming since 199 fucking 3

in 04 breh, we talking 98

Kast been going plat and gettin spect since "Southernplaya..." dropped...

Outsold "Illmatic" in 94...

No Limit been going gold underground breh, what's your point,

UGK wasn't on a major like Kast were, they supposed to sell, again in 98, niggas weren't placing Kast in their top 3 groups down here

Last edited:
since i know your role, im not gonna get offended by this

but knock and I talked yesterday and while i agree with some of his points, I countered him with a perspective outside of his own to hopefully show him the positions ya'll were taking, however, i agree wholeheartedly with him when he asked "how is Silkk's "it aint my fault" NOT in the tournament?"

@5th Letter, i know you just post the nomination threads, but as the tourney curator, I feel you should've mentioned something like this.

Like how does practically the biggest label that year in hip hop...not just the south, in all of hip hop have NO songs mentioned? This is why a lot of these threads seems biased as hell against most southern artists

would "it aint my fault" win the tourney? Probably not, but the fact that its not mentioned is unsettling.

We been doing these tournaments for damn near 2 years now, we're not about to switch the rules for a bitch ass silk the shocker.

The reason it's not in the tournament is cuz nobody gave af about the song enough to mention it.

Or maybe, just maybe, instead of being in here talking shit about how 5th is "curating" the tournament, yall can participate and vote for all the New Orleans artists in the world and they would make the tournament. They'll most likely get kicked out the first round, but they'll be in the tournament.

Back